Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2013, 04:25 PM   #1

An article on the Chinese Motorcycle Industry.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/2/1558...-Industry.aspx

Old 03-01-2013, 10:33 PM   #2

Interesting article, but not much info. Anyone of us who have been members here for a couple of years or more can probably add much insight to the sales decline. 7 or 8 years ago, the bikes were dirt cheap. Then, new models were introduced a few years later, and the prices went up. The quality went up slightly, and then the prices started getting into used Japanese bike prices. Quality, while up, never improved from about 4 or 5 years ago, but prices have climbed. The new fancy bikes, such as those 600cc CFMoto models are not that good, as one guy in England who bought one and has a thread on Mychinamoto.com can attest to. He actually had a replacement bike sent on warranty due to catastrophic failure of his first one (the British importer sent it, not sure if/how CFMoto was involved...). Just my observation.

That being said, I would buy another TMEC brand new; key words 'brand new' for $1500 maximum. I have been commuting for a couple months, 30 miles round trip, with used Chinese bike issues (now resolved) adding to the $800 price, but not more than about $400 spread out, including a custom sprocket, missing plastic panels, and chains, etc. Again, brand new if I would do it over...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-09-2013, 04:59 PM   #3

Culcune, this article seems to focus more on the domestic market in China than the exports..

It's interesting in how the motivation to keep the bikes cheap for the rural areas has had a devastating effect on their innovation (none) and their emissions.