Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2013, 11:44 AM   #1

Any reviews for Xcalibur ( www.atv4usa.com )

Spoke to him on the phone and he seemed friendly and professional... I am interested in buying a TMEC200 Enduro from him and ship it to SC for roughly $1700 or so

Does anyone have any experience with them? Does he ship out asap or do you get misled? Does he ship the correct bike to you and not do the old bait and switch I've read about from other dealers?

ANY and ALL insight will be helpful from anyone who has dealt with him

Steve

Old 09-06-2013, 11:35 PM   #2

I have stopped by excalibur and spoken personally with Wade Liu. He is an up and up kind of owner. They are distributors for the TMEC so there is no bait and switch. If you look through their site, they don't have alot of variety like online retailers, as they concentrate on wholesaling to retailers. If you put in tmec 200 on youtube's search, you can see Mr.Liu riding a bike or two, although those are the 2009 models. Keep in mind, all these bikes, with maybe the exception of the Qingqi-based bikes (Qlink XF200, and the SSR XF200/XF250) are not Hondas, so do need to be maintained, and will have limits. But I am pleased with the Zongshen engine, and this was backed up by a frank interview with the owner and CEO of Zongshen in a thread on mychinamoto in which he wants to strive to be a worldwide competitor rather than a low-cost, cheap alternative. I am getting a little off TMEC, but they use Zongshen engines, which has gotten me to and from work 30 miles a day roundtrip in afternoon temps of 110 or so Faranheit at 55 to 60 mph for many of those miles.

Excalibur do have a dealer near you, but Alan (the main sales guy) said they only carry the scooters, so I am guessing they are technically not underselling the dealer.

There was a member here, and he has a couple videos on youtube under the name vacationtime247 who bought a bike from one of excaliburs retailers in Indianoapolis a few years ago. He has a video from just this past July showing him riding the same bike in the Redwood Forest in Calif where he moved to and still has his bike. Since he owned the bike out of state, he can even get a Calif plate for it, which is something a Calif resident could not do if they bought the bike new.

Like I said, Excalibur are great, even if the bikes are Chinese and have some fit and finish issues, although not as bad as others. Do you know bikes?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard