Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2018, 01:25 PM   #1

Ordered a tao DB20 for my son from TX powersports

Ordered from TX powersports this morning. getting my son a tao DB20 for Christmas. ill post updated as the order progresses.

Old 11-20-2018, 08:45 PM   #2

A dirt bike is on the top of the Christmas wish list for lots of kids. Im sure he'll be excited! Let us know how it works out, both with the bike and the buying experience. we'd like to see some pics too.

I got a Taco mini bike when I was 8, best Christmas gift I ever got!

Old 11-22-2018, 10:34 AM   #3

ordered on the 20 shipped on the 21 and expected delivery is Wednesday the 28th that's super fast in my opinion with the holiday and all. It shipped UPS freight and I have to pick it up at the terminal as I didn't want to have it delivered here in case my son was home. we are gonna put it together and store it at a family members house till Christmas. ill post pictures and keep updates coming on everything.

Old 11-22-2018, 10:36 AM   #4

only sad thing is he loves to build stuff and it would be great to assemble it with him. but I think he will be more pleased to just jump on it Christmas morning and rip through the neighborhood lol.

Old 11-22-2018, 02:52 PM   #5

Make sure to change the oil. Might also be a good idea to start it too.

Old 11-22-2018, 03:10 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglass View Post
Make sure to change the oil. Might also be a good idea to start it too.
That might be the worst advice ever ! Once he starts it ,he is going to take it for a spin ,then either he finds he needs another for him ,or he has an unfortunate incident ,either way just leave it alone so the little guy has something for Christmas ! L.o.l. .

Old 11-22-2018, 05:54 PM   #7

I will defiantly put good oil in it. but as for a ride im gonna leave it be I want it untouched and under the tree. ill just keep my fingers crossed there is no issues

Old 11-25-2018, 02:12 PM   #8

TXPowersports is also named Q9Powersports. Some people have had an excellent experience and some have been royally screwed out of thousands of dollars by being shipped DOA and even used&wrecked bikes then getting the silent treatment..

Old 11-29-2018, 03:37 PM   #9

Well I picked it up from UPS today and all seems well. I didn't open it other than to just peek inside to see if it was all there and undamaged and everything seems good. the free goggles were missing but im sure they were crap anyway. hopefully I can get it together on sunday or Monday.

Old 12-04-2018, 03:52 PM   #10

Well got the bike all assembled and its in good shape. I charged the battery changed out the crap oil, put some gas in it and it fired right up and just had to adjust the idle screw and it ran perfect. I took it to the end of the driveway and back. well today I went to fire it up and nothing. now I have no spark ,anyone have any ideas????? the starter works and it turns over fine just no spark at the plug. I contacted txpowersports via email just a little bit ago and I also just went ahead and ordered a coil, regulator and cdi. I haven't really fiddled with plugs yet. I plan to do that tomorrow I just wanna cover all my bases asap as this is a Christmas present. and the parts were cheap so it wont hurt to have them on hand.

Old 12-04-2018, 04:02 PM   #11

Look for simple things first. Does it need to start in neutral with the kick stand up? Do you have to activate one of the brakes to start it? Is there a key and kill switch? Both will need to be in the correct position. Others will add more.
2016 Tao Tao 125D

Old 12-04-2018, 04:37 PM   #12

i once had an atv that had turn signal switch but no turn signals.
once i pushed in the turn signal as if i were turning off the turn signals. it reset kill switch. seems as if they engineered the turn signal switch to operate like a kill switch....

Old 12-05-2018, 10:51 AM   #13

How are you determining that there is no spark at the plug?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 12-05-2018, 11:29 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
How are you determining that there is no spark at the plug?
pulled the plug grounded it than pushed the start button and had no visual spark. than I pulled the plug and stuck a screw driver in the boot and looked for spark off the screw driver and again no good.

Old 12-05-2018, 12:11 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by david3921 View Post
Look for simple things first. Does it need to start in neutral with the kick stand up? Do you have to activate one of the brakes to start it? Is there a key and kill switch? Both will need to be in the correct position. Others will add more.
Well you were spot on and I feel like such and Idiot!!! i kept putting the kill switch in the off position when going to start it .

I took all the plastics off just now and checked every connection and still tried it a couple times before i realized what the heck i was doing. it was a huge relief tho. i didn't want my little guy waking up Christmas morning to a bike that don't run. i even informed the wife that if i cant fix it today im just ordering a 2nd bike now to make sure he has one for Christmas morning.

Sometimes the older and wiser we get the more for look over the stupid things! thanks for the time guys!