Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2012, 07:40 PM   #1

ZQ200GY New and need any help

So first thing first, searching on these bikes is a nightmare. I did find some post, but still lost lol.

I'm about to inherit this Bike from a friend, don't know how bad it is yet. It's completely free of charge, that's why i didn't mind looking into fixing it.

All I know so far is really from this other thread.
http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...952&highlight=

Everything else I find is Zongshen this Zongshen that, and Lifan this Lifan that, and nothing really about this ZQ200GY. I know they may be compatible with the thread above. Just want confirmation.

BTW it's the green bike, almost Kawasaki look alike (somewhat - at least that's what it reminded me of, when i first saw it.)

Any help is greatly appreciated, and do keep the bashin on the newb to a minimal. lol.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:54 PM   #2

Welcome! No newbie bashing here.

Pics of your new bike would help a lot, but I suspect it has a Honda clone pushrod motor (my personal favourite). Please show us.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-03-2012, 11:50 AM   #3

that's awesome (no newbie bashing here).

i don't have the bike just quite yet, i need to pick it up this weekend... guess my inquiries still a little early, just wanted to get a head start.

Honda Clone? sounds interesting... i like a lot...

Old 04-03-2012, 12:05 PM   #4

You have come to the right place with the right people. No bashing here.

You're not a liberal though, are you? 8O

JK. LOL! :P

Old 04-03-2012, 11:51 PM   #5

Welcome! We are glad you joined us. We maintain a polite, family oriented atmosphere at these forums. You came to the right place. We are happy to help you any way we can.

You are wise to start your research early. The Viva bikes are good motorcycles.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-04-2012, 02:45 PM   #6

Thank you all! Can't wait to bring it home... arghhh!!! wish I had it already so i can check it and then tear it apart...

Old 04-04-2012, 02:47 PM   #7

Sacramento?

Old 04-04-2012, 05:52 PM   #8

yeap

Old 04-09-2012, 06:35 PM   #9

yes yes, i still owe picture.

BUT!!! i did get the bike. There's a downside (well beggars can't be chooser). I did get the bike for free. My buddy had it for so long, along with all his other junks. Can't find the keys, so no keys (what do i do - getto rig start it). Oh wait, no batteries either. What kind of replacement battery? I did see a post by Spud the stud about YUSA battery and scorpion. Chain is rustry. Front tire is was flat, crack on the side of the tire wall, but looks like the tube is actually holding air.

The good thing is and he can't confirm either, but on the odometer, it only say 300 miles.

What should I do first? get it to crank i hope.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:59 PM   #10

Change the oil! Don't even try to kick it over with whatever goo is in there. Use either four stroke motorcycle oil or non-energy conserving oil, like 15W40 (I use Rotella).

The ignition is a plug and play deal; just buy a new ignition switch on eBay that has the same connector and wire colours. It will come with keys. Batteries are cheap at Walmart.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-10-2012, 12:14 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sactown4x4
yes yes, i still owe picture.

BUT!!! i did get the bike. There's a downside (well beggars can't be chooser). I did get the bike for free. My buddy had it for so long, along with all his other junks. Can't find the keys, so no keys (what do i do - getto rig start it). Oh wait, no batteries either. What kind of replacement battery? I did see a post by Spud the stud about YUSA battery and scorpion. Chain is rustry. Front tire is was flat, crack on the side of the tire wall, but looks like the tube is actually holding air.

The good thing is and he can't confirm either, but on the odometer, it only say 300 miles.

What should I do first? get it to crank i hope.
Spud the Stud?! I like this guy!

As usual, I agree with Weldangrind on all points.

If the inner tube holds air, how is the front tire flat? :?: In any event, you will need a new front tire. I also suggest you get inner tubes for both wheels, just in case. You also need a new drive chain. Here are links to two reviews I did on motorcycle drive chains.

http://chinariders.net/modules.php?n...ewtopic&t=7356
http://chinariders.net/modules.php?n...wtopic&t=13647

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-10-2012, 12:55 AM   #12

I agree with Spud, and I recommend quality tubes, not China stuff. My favourite is the Michelin Ultra Heavy Duty tube. Last one you'll ever buy.

Old 04-10-2012, 11:36 AM   #13

you guys are awesome! i will update sooner than later, definitely will go through the initial checklist.

thanx again