Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2018, 04:51 PM   #1

Hello from NJ

Glad I found this site. I had no idea that there were so many Chinese bikes out there. I started out looking for a moped or scooter to go to work on, I'm really close to my office. I discovered the Honda CT 70 clones with the 125 cc motors first. When I was a kid in the 70's my friend had the CT 70 and I had an SL 70. I was researching these up and down. Then I found the SSR Razkull and saw one in person. This would have been the ticket if the dealer wasn't a tool. I looked at the Kawasaki Z125 but really didn't want to spend that kind of money. I found the Lifan Mini and the Benelli 135 next, I settled on the Benelli. It is ordered and I can't wait for the big ass crate to arrive. If anyone else is in central Jersey and wants to ride, let me know. On another note, right after I sent in the money for the Benelli, I run into a guy that is friends with a guy that wants to sell a Buell Blast with 360 miles on it super cheap. I wish I could have two bikes.

Old 05-10-2018, 10:41 PM   #2

Welcome to here! I recall you mentioning ordering the Benelli. You will be our Guinea pig with the bike. Too bad you don't have anything to compare it to, like the Lifan or one of the Vaders/Razkull/Hellcat/Ice-Bear 125s. My guess it will be far superior to the Vaders, the Razkull, the Hellcat and the Ice Bears. Wonder how it would stack up compared to the Lifan...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 05-11-2018, 11:22 AM   #3

Welcome, Lineman! I'm with you; I'm intrigued by Buells and I'd love to get one cheap. That said, I bet you're gonna love your new Benelli.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-11-2018, 12:11 PM   #4

The Buell got sold for $1500. I am considering getting a full size street bike too. The KTM 690 Duke looks extremely cool.

Old 05-11-2018, 06:59 PM   #5

Welcome! I think you will like that little Benelli. From everything I have read about it, they are pretty good alternatives to the Grom. The Lifan KP Mini would always be my choice, but the Benelli is a close second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lineman55 View Post
he KTM 690 Duke looks extremely cool.
If you own a KTM, it's always a good idea to have a second bike to ride while the KTM is in the shop being repaired, usually not under warranty because KTM basically only covers the engine/trans and frame with their warranty. My friend has put more miles on his secondary bike than his 2016 KTM 690 in the last 2 years he has owned it. Already had the cylinder head done under warranty, then his ignition system shit out, fuel pump died, engine ECU failed, his gauge cluster started to fail (not covered under warranty). All within the 2 years since he bought it new. The real issue to a lot of this isn't just the parts cost for things not covered under warranty, which is outrageous, but that most of the time they have to be ordered in and thus the bike sits for weeks at a time in some cases.

Sure, his may have been a total lemon, but some of these issues he had are also fairly common.

They are amazing bikes when they work though, and do have lots of good hardware on them.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 05-20-2018, 06:39 PM   #6

I read else ware about the KTM bad warranty situation. This other guy says since their core business was motocross bikes which get the tar beat our of them and basically have very little warranty, KTM thought they'd get away with the same thing with the road bikes. I also like the Aprilia Shiver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
Welcome! I think you will like that little Benelli. From everything I have read about it, they are pretty good alternatives to the Grom. The Lifan KP Mini would always be my choice, but the Benelli is a close second.
If you own a KTM, it's always a good idea to have a second bike to ride while the KTM is in the shop being repaired, usually not under warranty because KTM basically only covers the engine/trans and frame with their warranty. My friend has put more miles on his secondary bike than his 2016 KTM 690 in the last 2 years he has owned it. Already had the cylinder head done under warranty, then his ignition system shit out, fuel pump died, engine ECU failed, his gauge cluster started to fail (not covered under warranty). All within the 2 years since he bought it new. The real issue to a lot of this isn't just the parts cost for things not covered under warranty, which is outrageous, but that most of the time they have to be ordered in and thus the bike sits for weeks at a time in some cases.

Sure, his may have been a total lemon, but some of these issues he had are also fairly common.

They are amazing bikes when they work though, and do have lots of good hardware on them.

Old 05-20-2018, 06:43 PM   #7

Benelli coming tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too bad I have to work. Wait........ I feel a terrible cold coming on.........