Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2018, 02:29 AM   #1

Hawk 250 LED bulb upgrade

I replaced every light bulb on my Hawk with COB LED's from superbrightleds.com. I am very pleased with the light output of each light. I used Natural White light for every bulb but, the amber turn signals. I am also reducing the overall electrical load on the Hawk, so that I can add more electrical gadgets without putting a strain on the Hawk. Installing the turn signal bulbs were a challenge as the amber cob leds are tighter fitting in the socket than the amber incandescents (be gentle). All the others fit perfectly. Here is the list of the led replacements:
Headlight - H4-HLV5-M
Daytime running light - 921-NWHP15-TAC
Tail/Brake light - 1157-NWHP28-T
Turn Signals - 1156-A27-T

Old 07-26-2018, 08:19 AM   #2

Thanks for posting the LED bulb info! Been wondering which type of bulbs are compatible with the head and tail lights. Does the daytime running bulb install into the headlight as well?

I just installed 4 LED amber "wave" turn signals on my Hawk...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These are inexpensive, much lighter weight and smaller than the stock turn signals, and they have that Mustang "wave" pattern when flashing. The turn signals are drop-in replacements for the stock turn signals - same wiring, just match the black wire with the green wire (red wire goes into whatever colored wire on the connector) when plugging them in. They're somewhat flimsy but the mount is entirely rubber so they flex quite well. I kick them frequently when mounting/dismounting the Hawk and they take it like a champ. If you order them, make sure you select the $9.99 "2017" pair for the wave pattern flashing. Amazon Prime eligible so they ship and arrive fast. I'll replace the head and tail lights with LED bulbs at some point in the future.
1. Mikuni VM26 Carburetor w/#115 main jet
2. 17T/45T JT sprockets
3. JT 428 X-ring chain
4. Air box mod
5. Hawk Digital Cluster
6. Aftermarket IMS shift lever
7. Performance Aftermarket Exhaust
8. 295mm Nitrogen Gas Monoshock, 20W oil front forks

Old 07-26-2018, 05:02 PM   #3

I believe that the daytime running light is the small bulb in the headlight housing.