Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2023, 11:51 AM   #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
This looks like a good ranch and farm tool, good for checking the fences and just getting around to check on livestock. You could also expand the rack for toting equipment and tools.
It probably would serve well for that but the suspension is way over rated and needs some upgrading. so far on flat pavement I have got it up to 34 miles per hour, based on what the brozz did on break in I think it will probably make the 40 mile per hour claim, which isn't needed, it will already outrun the suspension capability. Just like with the recon the terrain keeps me down to 10 or 15 miles per hour most of the time.
despite working on it every day, sometimes twice a day I have had a lot of fun on it and the grandkids loved it yesterday. My old mind is slipping though, I was looking at the slack chain while they were riding it and told the oldest that I had just adjusted the chain the afternoon before and then late last night it dawned on me that I didn't tighten the axle nuts back down. time for check lists I guess.
It is a nice little bike for someone who wants something for relaxing woods / trail rides. The issues have been small thus far, chain guard came off, pull start spring broke, lost the kick stand spring, cheap chain has to be adjusted at least once a day and a cracked fender, my fault. I will eventually put motorcycle fenders on it.
Thanks for looking Thumper, I had given up.