Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX4
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2019, 09:28 PM   #106

"Off to practice violin. "
We still have the viola that my son played in high school. I should learn to play it. I have played woodwinds and drums, but never strings.

Old 01-20-2019, 09:53 PM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelbender6 View Post
"Off to practice violin. "
We still have the viola that my son played in high school. I should learn to play it. I have played woodwinds and drums, but never strings.
Played coronet in middle school, switched to guitar in high school. After 2nd guitar trashed with warped neck from unstable temps and humidity, tried to switch to violin, but my parents would have nothing to do with that choice.

Anywho, found out about carbon fiber, the stuff the finest whitewater canoes and bullet proof vests are made from, being used to make violins. Temperature and humidity have no affect on carbon fiber, so after 49 years wanting, I bought my own. It's a therapy tool for all the broken bones in my hands from that wreck three years ago. Viola is easier, go for it.

Old 02-08-2019, 02:47 PM   #108

This is great news about the RX4 coming. Looks like they are addressing many of the concerns/upgrades that people had with the RX3. Looking forward to seeing how this bike fairs in daily use.

Old 02-08-2019, 03:28 PM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcolmReynolds View Post
This is great news about the RX4 coming. Looks like they are addressing many of the concerns/upgrades that people had with the RX3. Looking forward to seeing how this bike fairs in daily use.
Same here. I wish CSC nothing but the best with this new bike. My thought is they should be getting RX3 riders upgrading who've been wanting more grunt and are generally happy with the product and support.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 02-08-2019, 05:55 PM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Working_ZS View Post
If this was four years ago, I might agree with you. However, it's not and I don't. Having owned a 2015 RX3 for the last three years and a TT250 for two, and not having a problem out of either, I think that the bikes, CSC and Zongshen have proven their bonafides. Like it or not, Chinese bikes are more than good enough to compete with Japanese and European low and mid-range motorcycles. I'll concede that they still have quite a ways to go for top end stuff, though.

even to mid range jap bikes last 30/40 years with average maintenance
in a lot of cases with none....

so guess we will just have to wait and see if these Chinese bike stand the test of time.
I suspect about 15 years with basic maintenance.

my ttr is like 14 years old... it has spent the last 8 years living on or near the red line..
the motor has never been apart... runs like the day it came off the show room floor..

there's the diffrents between jap and Chinese bikes at the moment..

the only real Chinese bike i have owned did last me 7 months
till i broke the frame and twisted the swing arm... motor was still
going though.. still going as far as i know... fixed it and gave it to my cousin
to use on his silly little hobby farm.. was a 200cc shineray

77 Montesa Cota 348 MRR "Malcom Rathnell Replica"...

Current resto projects..
81 Honda CT110...
80 Kawasaki KL250A1...

11 Husaburg TE125 enduro... "sold" along with another 31...
Lifan 125 Pitbike.. "stolen" ...

KIWI BIKER FORUM...... http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/content.php

All the best offroad rides in NZ...
http://www.remotemoto.com/

E-mail... xtpete1@gmail.com

Old 02-08-2019, 08:42 PM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanca View Post
When I had my RX1, it came with the Resin or Plastic cases, in fact mine had the big top case where I can store my helmet, as I can see CSC usually offers the standard top case in the small size.
What they are offering is that the RX4 comes standard with the plastic cases, including the Top one as small, now for 20 extra you can get the bigger top case, but if you want to Tourfella panniers and top case, this means almost $900.00 extra,
The old RX3 and RX1 are about what CSC sells commonly with the RX3/4.
The Tourefella is common stock item in most places apart from the USA and I can't see why or why you need to spend $900 extra.

My 2014 had Tourfella in China as standard and you could buy it without making the bike cheaper.

Old 02-10-2019, 11:00 AM   #112

A careful study of CSC website and email with questions reveals RX4 does not come with cases. Choose composite with small or large top cases, Tourfellas, same for RX3, but no answer to direct question if RX3 racks fit RX4. However, this page shows all hard luggage options fitting RX3 and RX4.

CSC also has soft luggage which I suspect will fit racks for either hard luggage option. CSC does list the Tourfella pannier racks for the RX3 and RX4 on the soft luggage page, and the top rack is a separate purchase on the hard luggage page. Each rack and Tourfella case can now be bought separate. That would have saved me $600 after that $^$%^ yankee in a speeding truck in Illinois gave me that blow job a few years back.

Now, it is possible that these racks and hard panniers are a new design and the old set, if different, may not fit the RX4. I want an RX4, and need only one pannier to have a full set of Tourfellas, but I'm not spending money if I have to buy a whole another set of racks. The RX4 has a bunch of extras I don't want, like power outlets and such, so a cleaner Japanese motorcycle without all the extras to go wrong won't cost much more than the otherwise overpriced for my needs RX4 to which I'll have to add the high dollars for yet another set of Tourfellas.

Old 02-10-2019, 12:03 PM   #113

I also find the pricing a little disappointing after watching a youtube video of a demo ride someone did with Zongshen and the retail price in China for the RX4 with the Tourfella's was at $5295 roughly. So we are basically eating $1000 to get the bike in the states. So that really tells me that CSC does not get much of a discount from Zong to be their US distributor if we are seeing that kind of premium.

Also digging through the stats it appears the RX4 loses ground clearance to the RX3. No published numbers for suspension travel, but looks to be about the same. I was really hoping for more ground clearance with this bike and a little more suspension travel given that is one of the dings that many reviewers have had with the RX3. Somehow looking up RX3 and RX4 videos landed on some Royal Enfield videos. It looks like RE has really gotten their act together and bringing a solid product. I am now watching to see what happens next with the RE's as well. Just watched some videos on the new 650 twin and it looks pretty darn good.

Old 02-10-2019, 12:21 PM   #114

My Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqwert View Post

Now, it is possible that these racks and hard panniers are a new design and the old set, if different, may not fit the RX4. I want an RX4, and need only one pannier to have a full set of Tourfellas, but I'm not spending money if I have to buy a whole another set of racks. The RX4 has a bunch of extras I don't want, like power outlets and such, so a cleaner Japanese motorcycle without all the extras to go wrong won't cost much more than the otherwise overpriced for my needs RX4 to which I'll have to add the high dollars for yet another set of Tourfellas.
Based on what CSC has said and from the fact that the top rack fits both bikes, I'm going to go out on a short limb here and say that the pannier racks are also common, and can be swapped between bikes. So you can, more likely than not, pull your TourFella racks off of your RX3 and stick them on your RX4. Then you just need to purchase the side case. I'm not sure that you can get just one side case though, from what I see on the hard luggage page they have the TourFella cases split up as a separate top case and then the two side cases, each option being $250 a piece.

Myself, I am leaning towards reinstalling the resin side cases on my RX3 and switching the TourFellas over to the RX4. I've installed the RX3 top case on my TT250, so I will probably buy the new larger RX4 resin top case for the RX3, to give it a full luggage complement.

Old 02-10-2019, 08:40 PM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Working_ZS View Post
Based on what CSC has said and from the fact that the top rack fits both bikes, I'm going to go out on a short limb here and say that the pannier racks are also common, and can be swapped between bikes. So you can, more likely than not, pull your TourFella racks off of your RX3 and stick them on your RX4. Then you just need to purchase the side case. I'm not sure that you can get just one side case though, from what I see on the hard luggage page they have the TourFella cases split up as a separate top case and then the two side cases, each option being $250 a piece.

Myself, I am leaning towards reinstalling the resin side cases on my RX3 and switching the TourFellas over to the RX4. I've installed the RX3 top case on my TT250, so I will probably buy the new larger RX4 resin top case for the RX3, to give it a full luggage complement.
The RX4 ass end is all the same as the RX3 so each type of rack system interchanges but not mixed together.
RX3 & 4 tourfelle rack and cases are the same and I am 99% sure RX3 & 4 resin cases and racks are the same.
Just can't mix resin with tourfella without some mods if at all.

I can supply the ali style or Tourfella rear top box if that is something someone needs just shipping gets a bit expensive I suspect

Old 02-14-2019, 12:49 PM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
The RX4 ass end is all the same as the RX3 so each type of rack system interchanges but not mixed together.
RX3 & 4 tourfelle rack and cases are the same and I am 99% sure RX3 & 4 resin cases and racks are the same.
Just can't mix resin with tourfella without some mods if at all.

I can supply the ali style or Tourfella rear top box if that is something someone needs just shipping gets a bit expensive I suspect
Crash landing upside down tore up one Tourfella pannier. Can you send one pannier or do I have to buy 2. How much for one? Two, if I have to. Shipping?

Maybe I should just stick the original composites on the RX3 and move the Tourfellas to the RX4? Well, there is a 2013 Ultra Classic Electra Glide with 13,000 miles for sale just down the road. Minor road rash. Dizkizions, dizkizions.

Old 09-24-2019, 03:40 PM   #117

Razz When will RX4 sales & buyers info be posted?

September 24, 2019
When will information begin being posted about the GOOD and/or BAD of purchasing and receiving 2020 Zongshen (CSC) RX4 Motorcycle?
According to CSC the RX4 bike’s have arrived at their dealership in San Gabriel.
And they have already assembed, serviced, re-packed, and shipped RX4 to many purchasers. And they have a lot of RX4 bikes in their dealerships showroom ready to be SOLD.
WHEN WILL SALES ACTUALLY HAPPEN?
IS THERE AN ASSEMBLY PROBLEM?
HOW MANY HAVE THEY SOLD?
HOW MANY POTENTIAL BUYERS HAVE BACKED-OUT OF COMPLETING A PURCHASE?
HOW MANY COMPLETELY ASSEMBLED RX4’s ARE SITTING IN THEIR SHOWROOM?
POST SOME SALES INFORMATION SO WE KNOW IF THE RX4 IS WORTHY OF BEING PURCHASED!
I’ll be waiting,
PCG
OR IS THERE A “BIG” PROBLEM WITH THE RX4’s?
TIME WILL TELL!

Old 09-27-2019, 12:44 AM   #118

I too am curious about what’s happening with RX4. Been state side for a while with no end user unboxing or review videos .

Old 09-27-2019, 10:00 AM   #119

The RX4 hasn’t or doesn’t seem so popular in china either
There’s a whole new bunch of makes n models out there now mostly twin 500cc

Old 09-27-2019, 10:01 AM   #120

Joe did not go on the 4500 mile trip, had to cancel for various reasons...all on Exhaust Notes.

I just saw a note from LongHaul747 about his RX4 delivery:
The 450s do not fit on the pallets CSC has been using or their other bikes. Thus, the bikes will be shipped through a motorcycle specific shipping company that has purpose built shipping pallets. This will be done in geographic batches. In other words, my RX4 will be loaded with a bunch of other east coast bound bikes and delivered without me having to either disassemble a shipping box or disposing of the pallet and shipping stuff. I also expect less chance for damage because the bike won't be subject to multiple moves from truck to terminal to truck.

Peter Y.