Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2020, 02:53 PM   #1

Sukida SK125 with Sheng Wey PZ26 carb issues

Hi. I'm having a few issues tuning my bike. It idles and runs OK but is popping on full throttle and I am not getting the top speed. I have set my carb up according to the manual and have tried various different main jets but it only seems to make it worse. Can anyone help or give advise on the PZ26 carb set up for best top end.
Thanks

Old 05-29-2020, 05:35 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbzie View Post
Hi. I'm having a few issues tuning my bike. It idles and runs OK but is popping on full throttle and I am not getting the top speed. I have set my carb up according to the manual and have tried various different main jets but it only seems to make it worse. Can anyone help or give advise on the PZ26 carb set up for best top end.
Thanks
Can you provide more detail?
What is the stock main jet size?
What size did you then try? Did it get worse or change with that size change?
When you say it is popping, do you mean like a bog feeling followed by stuttering and popping?
If you are rolling through the throttle sweep, does it only do so in the last 1/8th throttle range, but below that it seems to pull more cleanly?
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 05-31-2020, 04:24 AM   #3

I am not sure of the main jet size. It has K945 stamped in to it so I thought it was .945. I have a selection of jets from 95 to 120 and have tried various. I didnt have the 95 to start with but when all larger sizes didn't improve it I bought the 95 to compare it to the original but when I fittedthat one I still couldn't get it to run right.
It is only at the very top end of the throttle that I am having problems although with the 95 jet in it was worse at a lower speed.
I have originally managed a top speed of 56mph and wa Ted to try and get it to nearer 65-70 if possible, which is why I have been trying to change the jets.
Yes, it's more of a stuttering which I thought was lack of fuel but after running it, it smelt rich.

Tags
pz26, sukida 125, tuning