Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2018, 08:02 AM   #1

Ride to the Vegas airport

My favorite (and only bike now that I sold my Honda) performed flawlessly carrying me and my gear to the airport. Got to love motorcycle parking.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg received_2239937809380426.jpg (20.8 KB, 127 views)

Old 06-04-2018, 09:59 AM   #2

Love the picture. Out of all the bikes I've own my Hawk has to be my favorite. None of my other bikes would of been any good at off road and trail riding. They're just good all around bikes.
Always has a place to park. I take the bike to all the festival. There is always a place for bikes only usually right by the entrance gate. And out of all the big named bikes HD's , Yamaha's , Honda's and so on, guess which one gets the most attention. I went to a festival on Saturday. Three HD's pulled up and parked right on the side of me. First thing one did when he got off his bike was come over and check it out. Now he's looking to get one.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 06-04-2018, 11:22 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
First thing one did when he got off his bike was come over and check it out. Now he's looking to get one.
You can't beat the price/disposability of the Chinese bikes; you break it, you get another. I never had to have one, but they are kind of like the 'winter-beaters' of the motorcycle world. When I bought my first TMEC 200, the guy lived in the heart of L.A. near Hollywood. He had a V-Rod; he had a friend's old dealer plate on the TMEC, so as long as he did not get pulled over, it was like it was a new bike (this was due to him having a non-CARB bike that he had NO chance of registering in California. Long story why he had the bike in the first place). He rode the TMEC to work and back, and everywhere else, so he could keep his V-Rod covered and parked.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 06-04-2018, 12:16 PM   #4

They are great "scooters" for those of us who want more than a scooter, or just don't want a scooter lol.

The cheap price tag definitely gets a lot of people interested, but I think the effect is much greater when they see you don't just ride it for 2 hours on the weekend. I had completely changed the mind of a co-worker on my Hawk after he saw how many miles I had put on mine in a relatively short time span - nearly 3000 in the 5 or 6 months I actually was able to ride mine. I think the reliability factor is what keeps most people away. They hear other people talk about the chinese junk, and so they steer clear.

I find myself often being a traveling Hawk salesman. Except that I am honest about the potential and known issues of the bikes, and how easy/cheap they are to fix.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 06-04-2018, 12:52 PM   #5

Really like mine. I go between my two bikes during the week and find for short trips in town I gravitate towards the hawk as it maneuvers better, is lighter, and if some dummy hits it in the parking lot and it gets dinged up..........oh well.

Old 06-04-2018, 01:35 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
They are great "scooters" for those of us who want more than a scooter, or just don't want a scooter lol.

The cheap price tag definitely gets a lot of people interested, but I think the effect is much greater when they see you don't just ride it for 2 hours on the weekend. I had completely changed the mind of a co-worker on my Hawk after he saw how many miles I had put on mine in a relatively short time span - nearly 3000 in the 5 or 6 months I actually was able to ride mine. I think the reliability factor is what keeps most people away. They hear other people talk about the chinese junk, and so they steer clear.

I find myself often being a traveling Hawk salesman. Except that I am honest about the potential and known issues of the bikes, and how easy/cheap they are to fix.
I am over 2000 miles since I got it in late Jan. I love this bike.

Old 06-04-2018, 08:09 PM   #7

Dan nailed it, it is scooter priced but much more utility. and you won't get beat up for your lunch money either.