Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2018, 01:55 PM   #1

Question Need Hawk 250 Starter Motor!!

Hello everyone this is my first post so any help is much appreciated, I've had a hawk 250 for some time and discovered by pulling the starter motor out that the reason why my electric start was not working is that the starter motor itself is now junk(don't ask me how it happened because I don't even know lol). So my question is where can I get a replacement starter motor for my hawk?? I've looked everywhere online and no luck.

I have a theory though if anyone can confirm it, there is a bike called the CSC TT250 and its very similar to the hawk 250 and I checked the CSC website and found a starter for the TT250 that looked identical(to my eyes) to the one on the hawk. Does anyone know if it will work on the hawk? Its part #7 if you click the link. http://www.cscmotorcycles.com/TT250-...MBLY-s/313.htm

Old 04-26-2018, 03:35 PM   #2

My guess would be that any starter from a 167FMM or 163FML would probably bolt right in. Most of these Hondoids use a ton of the same parts.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 04-26-2018, 03:40 PM   #3

How many teeth does it have?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/9-Teeth-Sta...gAAOSwfcVT~siw

one above has 9 teeth they have 10 and 11 ones too on ebay.

Old 04-26-2018, 04:09 PM   #4

https://m.ebay.com/itm/New-Starter-M...58?_mwBanner=1

Mine just went out also. I ordered this 1 I should get it Monday. Not sure if it fits but measurements do look correct. You can also get 1 from txpowersports that’ll definitely fit do a search on hawk motor and it’s the first item. It’s $85 though. I’ll let you know Monday if the starter I got works

Old 04-30-2018, 12:37 PM   #5

Hey have you got the starter yet?? Does it fit and work?? I haven't got the time to pull the starter back out and count the teeth. Let me know how things go!

Old 04-30-2018, 04:10 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkeck View Post
Hey have you got the starter yet?? Does it fit and work?? I haven't got the time to pull the starter back out and count the teeth. Let me know how things go!
I should get it today it says it’s out for delivery. As soon as I get home from work it should be there and I’ll test it and let you know. Sucks for me though cause last Thursday I went to cross a deep ditch and bent my rim to hell. Had to wobble it home. I ordered a new rim, set me back $138. Hopefully it comes in before the weekend. Oh and the hawk starter motor is 11 tooth. I’ll let y’all know around 7pm if it worked.

Old 04-30-2018, 08:02 PM   #7

Success!! Worked only thing is it’s a dark grayish color but I’ll probably just paint it or switch out my old starter motor case with the new one. No big deal, now waiting for my new rim you should also order an exhaust copper ring and remove the old crushed crap in it because the front of the exhaust will need to be removed. Good luck
Copper exhaust gasket# 18291-MN5-650

Last edited by Lit Hawk; 04-30-2018 at 08:37 PM.

Tags
hawk, hawk 250, starter, starter motor