Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2024, 02:21 PM   #3916

High end Samsung frontloading washer part called a spider bracket (flange shaft assembly). I bought a nice used Samsung dryer with steam for $150 last month. It ran fine, but I gave it a refresh anyway (rollers, belt, tensioner pulley), and cleaned it up inside and out. Like new.

The guy was only selling it because the companion washer was not working, and he bought a matched washer/dryer pair. So he gave me the washer too, for free. It turned out to be needing a drain pump ($20), but I pulled it apart and the flange shaft had cracks. It also runs great- 4.5 cu ft washer with tons of features. So I got new shock absorbers and ordered a new flange shaft. I just want it to last another 6-8 years without attention (I hope).
This is the flange shaft:

SpiderBracket.jpg

I'll put it all back together next weekend and put it into service. THEN, sell the older Maytag to defray the cost of parts. I am SOOOoooooo cheap!

Last edited by Thumper; 04-19-2024 at 02:52 PM.

Old 04-19-2024, 07:02 PM   #3917

I bought some wheels and tires for my Jeep tj ,and they came with a turbo kit !
A few months ago ,I bought a kids problem Jeep ,he couldn’t get it to run very well ,it was killing the brand new battery ,and I fixed it in minutes for zero $$$ .He had installed a
12000lb winch with 4/0 cables ,and used 2” long bolts on the battery clamps ,which had the positive terminal shorting on the inner fender .
Anyway ,it has all the typical stupid kid crap stuck on it including a 6 inch lift kit and brand new 35” tires.Of course ,he didn’t re gear the axles so it’s a porky ,slow shitty wobbly driver .Today ,I found a set of little 235/16” tires and rims (about 6” shorter tires )and installed them and it has made porky pig into the coyote ! Huge difference in how it drives both power and handling wise .I am no longer the idiot with 20 pissed off drivers on my bumper .It honestly feels like I added a turbo to the 4litre .

Old 04-19-2024, 07:49 PM   #3918

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruces View Post
I bought some wheels and tires for my Jeep tj ,and they came with a turbo kit !
A few months ago ,I bought a kids problem Jeep ,he couldn’t get it to run very well ,it was killing the brand new battery ,and I fixed it in minutes for zero $$$ .He had installed a
12000lb winch with 4/0 cables ,and used 2” long bolts on the battery clamps ,which had the positive terminal shorting on the inner fender .
Anyway ,it has all the typical stupid kid crap stuck on it including a 6 inch lift kit and brand new 35” tires.Of course ,he didn’t re gear the axles so it’s a porky ,slow shitty wobbly driver .Today ,I found a set of little 235/16” tires and rims (about 6” shorter tires )and installed them and it has made porky pig into the coyote ! Huge difference in how it drives both power and handling wise .I am no longer the idiot with 20 pissed off drivers on my bumper .It honestly feels like I added a turbo to the 4litre .
Unfortunately, that's not an uncommon mod to a TJ for one more concerned about image.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 04-19-2024, 10:27 PM   #3919

In the spirit of the thread, RECIEVED TODAY, bit was purchased last week... a new phone... my old samsung galaxy a10e was not cutting it anymore....so a new to me galaxy s20fe for myself, and a twin for the wife (to replace her cracked to pieces galaxy s8) showed up today

Old 04-20-2024, 09:06 AM   #3920

So I didn't exactly 'buy' these today, but I traded my Jeep Wrangler for the dark blue 1976 MGB, and I bought the 1971 MG Midget from a guy here in town. I have since bought tons of parts for both of them. The MGB didn't need much work, but the Midget required a completely new fuel system and I'm waiting on a new thermostat to try to get in front of an overheating problem. I'm also going to have to replace a few spokes on the wire wheels, and possibly put a new splined hub on it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7537.jpg (234.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7535.jpg (240.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7628.jpg (265.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4257.jpg (221.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7596.jpg (189.6 KB, 6 views)

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 04-20-2024, 09:21 AM   #3921

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerikol View Post
So I didn't exactly 'buy' these today, but I traded my Jeep Wrangler for the dark blue 1976 MGB, and I bought the 1971 MG Midget from a guy here in town. I have since bought tons of parts for both of them. The MGB didn't need much work, but the Midget required a completely new fuel system and I'm waiting on a new thermostat to try to get in front of an overheating problem. I'm also going to have to replace a few spokes on the wire wheels, and possibly put a new splined hub on it.
I had a 64 Midget. First year for disk brakes and roll up windows. it was a hoot to drive. I'd love another, but don't think neither Mrs. C nor I could get in, or out, of one anymore

Don't forget to get yourself a jar of Lucas Replacement Electrical Smoke, you'll probably need it.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 04-20-2024, 09:49 AM   #3922

That MGB is beautiful. My wife and I have trouble getting in my wife's car, but she's going to keep it till she can't get in it. It's a Honda CRZ that sits about as high as those MG's.

2016 Magician 250

Old 04-20-2024, 11:14 AM   #3923

Had a 1970 MGB. Car never gave me a lick of trouble. Street-legal go cart. Like cheesy though, there's NO WAY I could get in and out of one now though. It's why I sold the C4.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 04-20-2024, 12:12 PM   #3924

Lowering link

I decided to order a lowering link made to fit my KTM 250 SX, as well as other KTMs and Husqvarnas. It is supposed to drop by 10-30cm (depends on the model).

But I am going to see how this thing compares to the original Templar link to see if it is compatible/adaptable. More to come on that.

loweringlink.jpg
loweringlinkInstalled.jpg

Old 04-20-2024, 05:30 PM   #3925

I had an Austin Healey Sprite and an MGB. The B was right hand drive, bought from an Aussie diplomat in China who had brought it in from Oz. This was when I was stationed at the US embassy in Beijing for three years, 1983 - 86. Both were a lot of fun.
1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself

Old 04-20-2024, 05:49 PM   #3926

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
I had a 64 Midget. First year for disk brakes and roll up windows. it was a hoot to drive. I'd love another, but don't think neither Mrs. C nor I could get in, or out, of one anymore

Don't forget to get yourself a jar of Lucas Replacement Electrical Smoke, you'll probably need it.
Cheesy, I'm not exactly sure how it happened, but like Rabbits, my MG's seem to be multiplying quickly! I'm going to pick up a '77 MGB tomorrow! It's a project, but it's complete. They guy who had it before me (actually, I think it was the guy who had it before him) did a complete hack job to the electrical under the hood. There's jumper wires everywhere and most of them go right back to the battery! I'm pretty sure I can at least get the engine running in short order. The Dark Blue Metallic on the '76 B is a gorgeous color, but the PO lowered it in the most destructive way possible. They cut a coil out of the spring up front, and ripped a leaf out of the spring pack in the rear. So now I've got to source new coils and leaf springs to get it back up to proper ride height. I'm also going to put properly sized tires on it since it will be sitting at the right height now. Luckily, the electrical on the MGB is in fairly good nick. The Midget is a little bit of a different story, but I think I need to pull the tachometer and get it repaired. Most of the wiring goes through that thing, and all the problems I'm having point to it being the culprit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magician16 View Post
That MGB is beautiful. My wife and I have trouble getting in my wife's car, but she's going to keep it till she can't get in it. It's a Honda CRZ that sits about as high as those MG's.
Magician, there's a guy in South Georgia selling a beautiful Midget for exactly that reason. He can't easily get in and out of it anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Had a 1970 MGB. Car never gave me a lick of trouble. Street-legal go cart. Like cheesy though, there's NO WAY I could get in and out of one now though. It's why I sold the C4.
2LZ, you're not alone in that. I've not really had any gremlins with any of the Lucas electrics I've played with. Most of the people who complain about the electrics struggle to run down faulty grounds. That and corrosion on the connectors tend to be 90% of the issues I've ever encountered. A test light can do an impressive job troubleshooting these simple cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TominMO View Post
I had an Austin Healey Sprite and an MGB. The B was right hand drive, bought from an Aussie diplomat in China who had brought it in from Oz. This was when I was stationed at the US embassy in Beijing for three years, 1983 - 86. Both were a lot of fun.
TominMO, I drove a Sprite a couple years back, and while I enjoyed the handling, I think I much prefer the looks of the MG's. I have a buddy out here with a RHD Rolls Royce Silver Wraith. It's a lot of fun to go out and about in. He even keeps a jar of Grey Poupon in the glove box for those of us that remember the commercials!

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

The Stable:
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 04-20-2024, 05:56 PM   #3927

I had an MG Midget that I called my MG 400 because I could drive it on the weekend for 400 miles (and I flogged that poor car unmercifully too) and then spend most of the next week and $400 fixing whatever broke.

But that car was so much fun playing in the curves around Hell Michigan (a for real place) the time and money spent (along with the cussing out from my now xwife) was so much worth it!!!!

Old 04-20-2024, 07:04 PM   #3928

It's absolutely crazy to me that pretty much everyone I've spoken to over the age of about 50-ish has a British Leyland story to tell, MG, Triumph, Austin, Mini, you name it. I really hate that old cars are such a rarity these days. Modern cars are so much more complex and computer-controlled, the average Joe can't repair them anymore. Like Bikenut mentioned, $400 would cover a lot of repairs, and then the car would go out and cover 400 miles happily. So far, for BOTH of the MG's, I've spent less than $1,000. Most of the cost was eaten up with the carb rebuild kit and a new fuel tank for the Midget. I bought the Midget as a non-running project, and within about 30 minutes of tinkering, I had it running. It just doesn't get any simpler than that. No computer, no "Scanning" the data port, no fancy tools or equipment. I really hate to see what the state of modern motoring has become.

The Stable:
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 04-20-2024, 09:31 PM   #3929

I was having a similar discussion on another forum.

The Factory Service Manual for my 1948 DeSoto has every spec I could ever need and is about half as thick as the owners manuals on both our Jeeps and the F150. Both the F-150 and the Renegade have separate manuals to operate the radio.
I have the 'Fact Sheet' for the Motorola 8 tube radio in the DeSoto that is 4 pages and explains all the troubleshooting and repairs. And gives a generic parts list of all the caps, resistors, and tubes.

Other than a timing light, and a tach and dwell meter, the most sophisticated tools you'd need is a Uni-Syn for carb balancing and probably a vacuum gauge. I'm guessing the Midget has the 1275cc engine and the B is a 1600.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 04-21-2024, 12:03 PM   #3930

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
I was having a similar discussion on another forum.

The Factory Service Manual for my 1948 DeSoto has every spec I could ever need and is about half as thick as the owners manuals on both our Jeeps and the F150. Both the F-150 and the Renegade have separate manuals to operate the radio.
I have the 'Fact Sheet' for the Motorola 8 tube radio in the DeSoto that is 4 pages and explains all the troubleshooting and repairs. And gives a generic parts list of all the caps, resistors, and tubes.

Other than a timing light, and a tach and dwell meter, the most sophisticated tools you'd need is a Uni-Syn for carb balancing and probably a vacuum gauge. I'm guessing the Midget has the 1275cc engine and the B is a 1600.
Cheesy, there's a funny Meme floating around Facebook that says something along the lines of "40 years ago, the owners manual told you how to adjust the valves and change the oil. Today, the owners manual tells you not to drink the contents of the battery... We're Doomed."

The Midget does indeed have a 1275 engine, and the B has an 1800. The new B i'm going to pick up today also has an 1800 engine, but it's the next-newest engine design. I haven't run the numbers yet to decode the data plate, but I'll give everyone an update when I get it back to the house.

The Stable:
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up