Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2015, 10:17 AM   #2791

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldqwerty View Post
More isn't automatically better. One forum is enough. Keep it simple. Way too much road kill on the information superhighway as it is. Just my worthless opinion.
I've registered at that new Site, but would just as soon there be a Sub-Forum here on China-riders for the RX-3, but hopefully the Cyclone will be popular enough to support multiple forums
2016 AJP PR4
2022 Templar X 250
2021 Sondors Metacycle
AMA Life Member

Old 04-13-2015, 10:55 AM   #2792

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldqwerty View Post
Way too much road kill on the information superhighway as it is.
That's going on the fridge.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-13-2015, 12:54 PM   #2793

Quote:
Originally Posted by paisleyrider View Post
I agree, culcune. An RX3-specific chinariders subforum of some kind would be a good thing

With the buzz that this bike is going to make, I think there is more than enough room for multiple forums.

Oh, and hello from Cali, everyone
I kinda thought this was an RX3 specific subforum already?????? according to this:

ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
> New Zongshen RX3 (ZS250GY-3) Dual Sport

rj

Old 04-13-2015, 01:13 PM   #2794

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmorel View Post
I kinda thought this was an RX3 specific subforum already?????? according to this:

rj
Nope, this is just a Thread in the "Dual Sport/Enduro" Sub-Forum
If the Cyclone had it's own Sub Forum to the "Dual Sport/Enduro" Forum, there could be multiple thread for different things about the Cyclone....a tire thread, a ride thread, a picture thread, Modification thread...ext, ext making it easier to find info about a specific subject about the Cyclone RX-3 (instead of digging thru 185 pages of "everything Cyclone"
2016 AJP PR4
2022 Templar X 250
2021 Sondors Metacycle
AMA Life Member

Old 04-13-2015, 01:16 PM   #2795

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck369 View Post
If the Cyclone had it's own Sub Forum to the "Dual Sport/Enduro" Forum, there could be multiple thread for different things about the Cyclone....a tire thread, a ride thread, a picture thread, Modification thread...ext, ext making it easier to find info about a specific subject about the Cyclone RX-3 (instead of digging thru 185 pages of "everything Cyclone"
That would be pretty sweet

Old 04-13-2015, 01:50 PM   #2796

Agreed , way better, I vote for this to happen, rj

Old 04-13-2015, 02:38 PM   #2797

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
That's going on the fridge.
Yup. I keep my sticker right between a couple more addressing contemporary diseducation sources, but lets not go there.

Old 04-13-2015, 03:08 PM   #2798

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmorel View Post

rj
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck369 View Post
This Dual Sport/Enduro Forum contains threads on many different Chinese enduro motorcycles. This Zongshen RX3 megathread is over a year old, and its purpose was to let people know about the introduction of the RX3 motorcycle, and its eventual arrival in the North America, et cetera. I enjoy this thread very much, since it serves as an international gathering place to welcome people, and it introduces a great variety of new information on the Zongshen RX3 bike. However, this Dual Sport Forum also contains many other threads covering specific topics on the Zongshen RX3 motorcycle. For example, here is a list of several other RX3 threads located in this Dual Sport Forum.

Zongshen RX3 (ZS250GY-3) Engine Videos
Zongshen RX3 (ZS250GY-3): Delphi Multec EFI
RX3 Videos from the Zongshen RX3 Thread
Zongshen RX3 Tire Options

This list is far from comprehensive. One only has to scan the contents of this forum, and he will find many other threads concerning the Zongshen RX3 motorcycle.

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=14228

However, if the forum owner decides to create a new Adventure Bike or Zongshen RX3 specific area at this website, I will certainly move all of the existing RX3 threads to the appropriate new location(s).

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-13-2015, 04:12 PM   #2799

Spudrider

PM sent.

Old 04-13-2015, 09:39 PM   #2800

I caved

Yeah, I'm weak. After seeing the pictures of the white RX3 on the blog, I caved and ordered a second one for myself today to be delivered with the Blue one I ordered for my wife. I'm getting them delivered to my house in Oregon on or about the 18th of August as a surprise anniversary gift to my wife, (and me). I was super torn between the white and the Orange, but my BMW F650 is "Mango", kind of an Orangish-yellow, so I'm branching out. I just have to stay strong and not call CSC and change my mind on the color 3 dozen times between now and then, (please lord, let them sell out of the Orange soon so I'm not so conflicted!!!)

I'll be going home on vacation for a couple of weeks starting 15 August so I can be there when they get there. I'll get Barb, (my wife), to help me assemble them. She's a hot mess with a wrench but I'm an experienced motorcycle/car/boat/helicopter/lawn mower fiddler, so they should come together with no problem.

I think I'll start shopping for new riding gear for her, (I don't need any). She's not crazy about full face helmets but after I broke a few ribs just before Christmas, (here in Haiti of all places), and would have been knocked out cold and possibly killed, (definately robbed - I see that every week), if I hadn't been wearing a good helmet; I predict an Arai XD in her future too unless someone has a better idea. I've got probably a dozen mid-priced DS helmets, but she deserves the best. I figure I saved enough money on the bike that I can afford a good helmet for her.

On second thought, maybe I better let her choose what gear she wants because she's a woman and colors seem important to those things.

Before I forget; I dealt with Ryan at CSC on the second bike too and I'm really impressed with his patience and follow-through on answers. It was an extremely easy transaction both times.

Old 04-13-2015, 09:57 PM   #2801

Colors are important, but should DEFINITELY take a back seat to safety! I, personally, ride in gender neutral high viz yellow, just to ensure those coffee drinking, cell phone talking cagers can see me just a little bit better. They have some great hot pink high viz gear for women now as long as some other bright colors... if she's into that sort of thing.

I've found that Cycle Gear carries a decent amount of women's gear, so I visit them often to try on riding jeans, jackets, gloves, etc... Not sure if there's one close to you, but they've got my vote as far as trying stuff on.

On the helmets... be sure she tries them on before buying. I have an Arai Quantum, but it's the only Arai that fits my head shape without pressure points. The fit is most important as if she gets a helmet that hurts her head, so won't be comfortable when riding. :-)

Congrats to you both on your new bikes!! Glad to see more ladies riding their own RX3s!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veteran View Post
Yeah, I'm weak. After seeing the pictures of the white RX3 on the blog, I caved and ordered a second one for myself today to be delivered with the Blue one I ordered for my wife. I'm getting them delivered to my house in Oregon on or about the 18th of August as a surprise anniversary gift to my wife, (and me). I was super torn between the white and the Orange, but my BMW F650 is "Mango", kind of an Orangish-yellow, so I'm branching out. I just have to stay strong and not call CSC and change my mind on the color 3 dozen times between now and then, (please lord, let them sell out of the Orange soon so I'm not so conflicted!!!)

I'll be going home on vacation for a couple of weeks starting 15 August so I can be there when they get there. I'll get Barb, (my wife), to help me assemble them. She's a hot mess with a wrench but I'm an experienced motorcycle/car/boat/helicopter/lawn mower fiddler, so they should come together with no problem.

I think I'll start shopping for new riding gear for her, (I don't need any). She's not crazy about full face helmets but after I broke a few ribs just before Christmas, (here in Haiti of all places), and would have been knocked out cold and possibly killed, (definately robbed - I see that every week), if I hadn't been wearing a good helmet; I predict an Arai XD in her future too unless someone has a better idea. I've got probably a dozen mid-priced DS helmets, but she deserves the best. I figure I saved enough money on the bike that I can afford a good helmet for her.

On second thought, maybe I better let her choose what gear she wants because she's a woman and colors seem important to those things.

Before I forget; I dealt with Ryan at CSC on the second bike too and I'm really impressed with his patience and follow-through on answers. It was an extremely easy transaction both times.
'02 Yamaha YZF 600 - dirty
'15 CSC RX-3 Cyclone - orange

Old 04-13-2015, 10:09 PM   #2802

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss America View Post
Colors are important, but should DEFINITELY take a back seat to safety! I, personally, ride in gender neutral high viz yellow, just to ensure those coffee drinking, cell phone talking cagers can see me just a little bit better. They have some great hot pink high viz gear for women now as long as some other bright colors... if she's into that sort of thing.

I've found that Cycle Gear carries a decent amount of women's gear, so I visit them often to try on riding jeans, jackets, gloves, etc... Not sure if there's one close to you, but they've got my vote as far as trying stuff on.

On the helmets... be sure she tries them on before buying. I have an Arai Quantum, but it's the only Arai that fits my head shape without pressure points. The fit is most important as if she gets a helmet that hurts her head, so won't be comfortable when riding. :-)

Congrats to you both on your new bikes!! Glad to see more ladies riding their own RX3s!!
Thanks, that's good advice and exactly how I feel. I too wear Hi-viz gear. We don't have any major shops near where my house is, but I'll definately take her somehwere where there are shops so she can try the gear on. I doubt I'll ever get her in Hi-viz, but we'll see.

Most of our riding is on back roads and fire roads that are not highly trafficked...but that's not the point. I like being noticed early when Billy-Bob come careening around a mountain road looking for deer to poach. She's more of a Sunday nice weather rider. Whereas I enjoy a little misery, she doesn't. I'm hoping she'll enjoy riding more with a more suitable steed, (the RX3).

Old 04-13-2015, 10:54 PM   #2803

Quote:
PM sent.
I got your PM, and send you a reply.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-13-2015, 10:58 PM   #2804

Quote:
Yeah, I'm weak. After seeing the pictures of the white RX3 on the blog, I caved and ordered a second one for myself today to be delivered with the Blue one I ordered for my wife...
Good for you and your lovely wife.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 04-13-2015, 10:58 PM   #2805

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss America View Post

Thanks for posting the excellent, helpful advice.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220