Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2020, 04:18 PM   #1

2006 Hi-Bird 200cc Enduro

Hey Dudes! First off I just want to thank everybody for the info I have already found on this website. It's been very helpful. ��

So a little background story: A little over a year ago, I bought my first bike: a 2006 Hi-Bird 200cc Enduro for $500! I thought that was a great price for a motorcycle. Anyways, the previous owner was a girl and didn't really know anything about the bike. She was selling it as a 250 Enduro 2-stroke....not knowing anything about the bike myself, I took it for a short spin. It fired right up! It smelled a little weird and it was a little smoky when it started. I figured it had been sitting for a bit and could use an oil change.. I bought it, took it home and road it around my property. Trying to figure out more about the bike. Every couple bumps, the choke would come up and the gas cap would fall off ����♂️ I just put a zip tie around the choke to hold it down when Im not using it. Would shortening the wire to the choke help??? Also a couple other things: from my understanding, the bike is a 4 stroke! But I'm not a hundred percent sure, is that correct?? Ive rode it maybe 30 minutes since I've had it. I know it needs an oil change(can't see any oil in the eye sight) but not quite sure what type oil to use. Also I believe the previous owner used mixed fuel in it as well... I drained that all out and it's been sitting empty for awhile. I don't want to put the wrong gas in so I've been trying to figure out if it's 2 or 4 stroke and like I said I believe it's 4 but not 100% sure.....SO long story short I need some help please!

Would shortening the choke wire help from it bouncing up?
Is it a 2 stroke or 4 stroke?
What type of oil and gas should I use?
Where can I find a Replacement Gas Cap?
Is there a specific type of grease to use for the grease zerks?
Any good places to get replacement blinkers/rear light?

I believe that's it!!
I really appreciate any help you can provide!
Thanks for your time

Last edited by Jackfrostpyro; 09-18-2020 at 03:17 AM.

Old 09-14-2020, 04:22 PM   #2

I can't figure out how to post photos either ��

Old 09-14-2020, 04:48 PM   #3

Welcome aboard! We are still trying to work out the picture issue. Until we can figure out whats going on with the pictures not posting here's a temporary walk around. If you reduce the file down to or below the limits before you upload it will post. Usually the file is automatically reduced when uploaded.

Attachment Key
Filetype Max Filesize
bmp 19.5 KB
doc 19.5 KB - -
gif 19.5 KB
jpe 19.5 KB
jpeg 19.5 KB
jpg 97.7 KB - -
pdf 19.5 KB - -
png 19.5 KB
psd 9.5 KB - -
txt 19.5 KB - -
zip 97.7 KB - -
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 09-14-2020, 05:08 PM   #4

Gas - standard, cheapest stuff you can find, 87 or 85 are fine, no oil added. It's a 4t motor. Some people say not to run ethanol, it doesn't really matter as long as it doesn't sit for too long, as ethanol attracts water and can eat some rubber and aluminum components. I've used it with no problem for a long time.

Oil, many people use Rotella T5 or T6, but any 10-40 rated for motorcycle use is fine.

Gas cap, I can't tell you for certain, even with pictures, but having them will definitely help. Many people have been hosting pictures offline and posting links.

Choke could be a couple of things, again, pictures help.

Good quality waterproof (marine) grease would be what I'd recommend, but it's up to you.

Are you looking for lightbulbs or lenses? It's probably a standard lightbulb.

Old 09-16-2020, 10:42 PM   #5

Jerry, Franque! Thank you! I will work on getting some photos up! That's what I figured on the oil and Gas �� I jimmy rigged a gas can lid last year but after doing more research I found out that bikes require certain gas caps that supply the proper amount of air flow to the tank. If its not the right one the timing could be off. Not sure if it's true just what I heard. I would like to get a proper cap for it though.
I really appreciate the info on the grease too!, I will use that.
With the lights.. the rear light and rear blinkers are gone! The blinker, lights and horn don't work because the rear lights are gone. wired some trailer lights to it temporally for testing and everything else worked afterwards. But I would like to get similar ones as the front lights or get ones that match all around. I know you will need photos for that for sure and I'll try to figure it out.
Again thank you guys ����

Old 09-16-2020, 10:45 PM   #6

I attached some photos hope it works!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200914_133806501.jpg (157 Bytes, 2091 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20200914_133831365.jpg (157 Bytes, 2248 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20200914_133849639.jpg (157 Bytes, 1478 views)

Tags
200cc, enduro, hi-bird, parts