Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2024, 04:30 PM   #16

I considered it lol. Honestly I could probably leave it as is and it would be fine for another year, but I'm rejetting the carb so might as well, ya know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogieboy View Post
Fun fact.... those cracking intake boots can be fixed... i had the same thing on my Roketa DB07A when i got it back in 2012... i wrapped it with 4 layers of electrical tape anf never had an issue.... LOL

Old 01-11-2024, 04:20 PM   #17

The boot came in, but unfortunately it's a little too big... The bolts fit, and all the openings are the right sizes, but it's metal, so you can't really bend it in any way. Also it points either up, or down depending on how you mount it, but the OEM boot points in, towards the inside of the bike. Just wanted to let you know. It might fit better if you have an aftermarket carb though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by K'hermiit View Post
There are Nibbi ones on Amazon for about 15 bucks. Probably what I will order when mine crack. If you have a good Keihin carb laying around of the right size...I would use it.
https://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Ma...s%2C199&sr=8-4

Old 01-14-2024, 07:48 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by GigaXi View Post
The boot came in, but unfortunately it's a little too big... The bolts fit, and all the openings are the right sizes, but it's metal, so you can't really bend it in any way. Also it points either up, or down depending on how you mount it, but the OEM boot points in, towards the inside of the bike. Just wanted to let you know. It might fit better if you have an aftermarket carb though...

Dammit...thanks for the heads up. I will keep looking and buy the next one. Chinese rubber never lasts very long, and this is something I will need to deal with sooner than later. I have the ability...I may just build one if forced, and utilize a section of straight hose for the carb connect.

In the meantime, you can smear some "Right Stuff" rtv sealant on the exterior of your boot to re-seal it temporarily.

Old 01-14-2024, 12:18 PM   #19

I found another boot that miiiight fit. It comes in in about a week. I'll let you know if it fits. I spent HOURS looking for something that may fit. Really surprised there aren't any direct replacement made for the templar, considering it's a fairly popular bike outside of the US. Worst comes to come I'll just have to contact xpro and ask. Not sure how that's gonna go though, since I didn't buy the bike from them...

Oh and also the nibbi boot that didn't quite fit; people in the reviews were saying that they cut theirs to fit better. So I guess that's an option too?

I was considering making a Frankenstein boot out of a bunch of parts hose clamped together, but I'd rather get something as a one piece mold ya know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by K'hermiit View Post
Dammit...thanks for the heads up. I will keep looking and buy the next one. Chinese rubber never lasts very long, and this is something I will need to deal with sooner than later. I have the ability...I may just build one if forced, and utilize a section of straight hose for the carb connect.

In the meantime, you can smear some "Right Stuff" rtv sealant on the exterior of your boot to re-seal it temporarily.

Old 01-14-2024, 02:56 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogieboy View Post
Fun fact.... those cracking intake boots can be fixed... i had the same thing on my Roketa DB07A when i got it back in 2012... i wrapped it with 4 layers of electrical tape anf never had an issue.... LOL
We’ve all been there, but it gets so nasty with heat over time and becomes a gummy mess. I’m stoked to hear that Nibbi boot fits. I’m going to order it this week.

Old 01-14-2024, 03:14 PM   #21

Just a heads up, while the nibbi boot does technically fit, you might wanna look on the second page of the thread... Some bad news, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddahlen View Post
We’ve all been there, but it gets so nasty with heat over time and becomes a gummy mess. I’m stoked to hear that Nibbi boot fits. I’m going to order it this week.

Tags
carb issues, carb upgrade, parts, templarx