Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2024, 10:54 PM   #1

Templar X passenger/rear peg flew off! Where to gert a replacement?

Okay so I've been doing looooots of digging on this. It looks like the rear pegs are basically a copy of the 2020 and later Yamaha XT250 rear pegs. BUT when I look up Yamaha XT250 rear pegs(/passenger pegs/footrests, whatever you wanna call them) not much comes up. You can buy the entire bracket with the foot peg already on it, but they're like 50 bucks each. I just need a 5 dollar part. I found a listing for JUST the pegs, which isn't bad, but where do I get the screw and the washers and stuff? I attached the measurements for the screw, and an image of what kinda peg I need. Would really like to avoid having to talk to the xprousa people directly because I KNOW they're gonna charge me like 30+ bucks. Thanks everyone.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.jpeg
Views:	48
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	30858   Click image for larger version

Name:	image0.jpeg
Views:	51
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	30859   Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	30860  

Old 02-25-2024, 07:02 AM   #2

Aside from PSM, idk. That appears to be 8mm x 1.25 thread, but the shouldered area looks at least 10 mm. Is that shouldered section of the capscrew tapered or straight?

Old 02-25-2024, 12:14 PM   #3

Straight. The shoulder is there for the peg to sit on and move around. It's about 11mm, good guess! Any idea where to get a screw like that? For now I bought a whole bracket for 20 bucks off aliexpress. I'll link it here in case anyone ever needs it: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/32568...yAdapt=glo2usa. (OTOM Motorcycle Rear Footrest Assembly Passenger Foot Pegs Pedals For YAMAHA Tricker XG250 2004-2018 Pit Dirt Bikes Accessories).

The measurements look right so I don't see why it wouldn't fit. Still though, if someone could identify the shoulder bolt I'd rather spend 7 bucks than 20 lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K'hermiit View Post
Aside from PSM, idk. That appears to be 8mm x 1.25 thread, but the shouldered area looks at least 10 mm. Is that shouldered section of the capscrew tapered or straight?

Old 02-26-2024, 01:50 PM   #4

If not PSM contact X-Pro directly. I'm sure there are likely plenty of people on here who didn't install theirs they would part with. Good luck!
Triumph Legend TT 900

Tags
parts, templarx