Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2021, 01:52 AM   #1

They halfway listened to me!

I can't remember when...I think it was about the first of the year...when I posted pics of PSM's Titan X-PRO 250 dirt bike-with the 21/18 tires, the upside down forks, the re-engineered brake pedal, the re-designed swingarm, the overhead cam CB motor...and that I really wished that they would make it street legal with lights, mirrors, turn signals etc...WELL-they sort of did...now--all they are missing is the horn and a plate that says EPA/DOT! Unfortunately, it still has the disclaimer, "For Off-road Use Only." But it's still only $1469.95! What a value/steal...and it comes with the famous Zongshen CB engine!
Maybe member Plump Kibbles can fill us in? I think he bought one.

Here is the link: https://www.powersportsmax.com/produ...ducts_id/22658
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 15-l.jpg (48.8 KB, 252 views)
File Type: jpg 13-l.jpg (18.4 KB, 254 views)
File Type: jpg 23-l.jpg (32.0 KB, 245 views)
File Type: jpg 38-l.jpg (54.0 KB, 242 views)

Last edited by stewbrash; 09-19-2021 at 02:32 AM.

Old 09-19-2021, 03:41 AM   #2

PSM had this bike last year, and at the time, it looked very similar to the Orion RXB 250. I theorized that both bikes might use the same OEM. However, the RXB had more features than PSM's Titan, such as adjustable suspension and I believe a six-speed transmission, but I cannot remember all the other features made the Orion worth more, for a few hundred bucks. Orion has updated their RXB in the looks department, not to mention the new version comes with a near 250cc engine.

However, I do believe this bike is worth a second look over other bikes in the same price range, assuming you can plate it. With shipping cost, it will be a few hundred dollars more than a Hawk or Raven, but seems to be more offroad oriented and is probably worth the cost if one is using their bike closer to 50/50 street/offroad.

I really like the green color best, and the white would be my second choice.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-19-2021, 02:28 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
PSM had this bike last year, and at the time, it looked very similar to the Orion RXB 250. I theorized that both bikes might use the same OEM. However, the RXB had more features than PSM's Titan, such as adjustable suspension and I believe a six-speed transmission, but I cannot remember all the other features made the Orion worth more, for a few hundred bucks. Orion has updated their RXB in the looks department, not to mention the new version comes with a near 250cc engine.

However, I do believe this bike is worth a second look over other bikes in the same price range, assuming you can plate it. With shipping cost, it will be a few hundred dollars more than a Hawk or Raven, but seems to be more offroad oriented and is probably worth the cost if one is using their bike closer to 50/50 street/offroad.

I really like the green color best, and the white would be my second choice.
Yeah, I like the white and the blue! Since you brought up the Orion, I did like the fact that it has the newly engineered swingarm, the re-designed brake (all aluminum too!), has all the lights, mirrors and coincidently-an identical speedometer as the Titan! It also has the 520 KMC race chain, no catalytic converter, a whole-lot of aluminum and a pretty hefty 3 gallon tank! For $1000 more, less the $300 shipping for the Titan, $700 is a reasonable price for the Zongshen 249cc + the 6-speed tranny! Too bad they WON'T LISTEN TO ME and get it approved with the EPA, etc...I would buy it in a heartbeat!

https://www.orionpowersports.com/pre...embled-tested/

Last edited by stewbrash; 09-19-2021 at 03:02 PM.

Old 09-19-2021, 02:45 PM   #4

What state are you in, Stewbrash? I am guessing the carbed Hawk is a no-go for you as well (although it STILL gets plated in some states that have cracked down). I am guessing the Orion will remain in the EPA 'Offroad Dirtbike' category like the Hawk, the various Pitster/GPX bikes, and the Kayo T4.

I forgot about the Nibbi carb the Orion comes stock with--that adds some value, not to mention the 6-speed transmission

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 09-19-2021, 03:06 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
What state are you in, Stewbrash? I am guessing the carbed Hawk is a no-go for you as well (although it STILL gets plated in some states that have cracked down). I am guessing the Orion will remain in the EPA 'Offroad Dirtbike' category like the Hawk, the various Pitster/GPX bikes, and the Kayo T4.

I forgot about the Nibbi carb the Orion comes stock with--that adds some value, not to mention the 6-speed transmission
Culcune, I'm in Colorado. Sometimes...someone will pipe in about registering a Hawk, or something not on the EPA/DOT list, but when I registered the Bashan, she said they always go off of what is approved in their database. So...I have no clue about these others.

Old 09-19-2021, 04:21 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewbrash View Post
Culcune, I'm in Colorado. Sometimes...someone will pipe in about registering a Hawk, or something not on the EPA/DOT list, but when I registered the Bashan, she said they always go off of what is approved in their database. So...I have no clue about these others.
That's right; you are in Colorado. You and I have read posts from others about registering their Hawks. I am guessing there are parts of your state that don't seem to be as strict.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 09-30-2021, 07:44 AM   #7

I'm considering the Titan DLX over a Hawk carb'd. Id love the RXB250L but it wont arrive on-shore until December and id like something now. PSM has the Titan for $1750 shipped and Amazon has the Hawk 21 model year carb for $1800. I can probably source the Hawk for a bit less as well.

With only a couple hundred between the 2, which would you choose. Mind you i already have a dedicated primary touring bike and also a Brozz 250. This bike would replace the Brozz that i will pass to my son for use.
Comparing specs between the Hawk and Titan it seems the Titan is a good 30 pounds lighter, all else being equal ie. same engine specs, the Titan should feel quite a bit faster stock id imagine..

I also checked with Orion and they said the RXB250L comes with a MCO that says Motorcycle.. i assume the Titan would be the same but would like to know that it would as it would allow me to plate it in Virginia i believe without issue.

What are the major differences between the Titan DLX and the RXB250L besides the upcoming 6-speed and counterbalanced engine.. is it just adjustability of the shocks? Are the shocks the same overall capability between the 2 bikes?

Thanks

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X

Last edited by tknj99; 09-30-2021 at 08:16 AM.