Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Reports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2022, 09:23 AM   #46

Episode 34, 12 minutes long:

Old 09-26-2022, 08:53 PM   #47

Episode 35 - 12 minutes long

Old 09-27-2022, 05:05 PM   #48

Thanks for sharing. I'm surprised you don't have far more subscribers, I've learned a lot and I've only gotten to episode 4. I started following Riding on Eggshell's world tour a couple of weeks ago and when I starting watching your videos this week I thought, "That sure looks like Harry from walking on eggshells, that is Harry!" My chinese motorcycle (Lifan KPX 250) should be here in a few days and I hope to do some long road trips here and into Canada.

Do you have any other trips planned? Royal Enfields have gotten quite popular again, hopefully you've finally picked one up.

Old 09-27-2022, 07:48 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoRider View Post
Thanks for sharing. I'm surprised you don't have far more subscribers, I've learned a lot and I've only gotten to episode 4. I started following Riding on Eggshell's world tour a couple of weeks ago and when I starting watching your videos this week I thought, "That sure looks like Harry from walking on eggshells, that is Harry!" My chinese motorcycle (Lifan KPX 250) should be here in a few days and I hope to do some long road trips here and into Canada.

Do you have any other trips planned? Royal Enfields have gotten quite popular again, hopefully you've finally picked one up.
Yep... me and Harry have a shared history... on screen, in cheap Mumbai hotels, we had the same talent agent, and even on a bike once or twice!

I almost bought a Royal Enfield diesel, but gave up on the idea because the paperwork to get one out of India was too time consuming.

I had plenty of problems with my Shineray-powered Ronco Demolition, but half of it was my own fault for overloading her. But according to my calculations, even with all the repairs and rebuilds, it was still a pretty cheap way to get around.

BTW the real bike trip doesnt start until episode 10.

And as of episode 35, Im only 2 months into an 8 year trip!

Not planning any trips in the near future, one reason is my licence expired during Covid, and I havent gone back to Australia to renew it.

The other reason is, at my age and stage... 8 years and 86,000kms.... is enough!

Old 09-27-2022, 09:11 PM   #50

The sheer amount of video you took is impressive. Looking forward to continuing on with the series.

Old 10-08-2022, 05:04 PM   #51

Episode 36, only ten minutes long, not much about the bike in this episode:

Last edited by madarumoto; 10-09-2022 at 12:16 PM.

Old 10-25-2022, 02:03 AM   #52

Episode 37, 28 minutes, not much about the bike in this episode:

Old 10-25-2022, 11:41 AM   #53

Got caught up with all of your videos last night. Quite a trip. Do you still live in South America? What is your latest adventure now that you're not acting or riding any longer?

Old 10-25-2022, 01:39 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoRider View Post
Got caught up with all of your videos last night. Quite a trip. Do you still live in South America? What is your latest adventure now that you're not acting or riding any longer?
I have been in Cusco Peru since I ended the trip here just before Covid struck ... good timing I guess! But I am returning to Australia next week, after having been away for almost a decade. Not sure whether anyone will give me a job seeing how long Ive been away and out of my trade which is electrician. So Im thinking about selling what few possessions I have in storage and maybe coming back to Latin America to teach English. Doing YouTube videos is fun but very time-consuming and so far not many views, so not sure if I can keep editing full time. Glad you enjoyed my videos!

Old 10-25-2022, 01:52 PM   #55

Wow 2 months out of 8 years worth of videos, yes you have a lot of work but I hope you still find the time to keep going. Seems like you could certainly teach a general history class of South America!

Old 11-02-2022, 10:44 AM   #56

madarumoto, I've enjoyed your videos. I wish I had the nerves to try some of the stuff you've done.

2016 Magician 250

Old 11-02-2022, 11:45 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magician16 View Post
madarumoto, I've enjoyed your videos. I wish I had the nerves to try some of the stuff you've done.
Actually the hardest part is just making the initial decision to just do it. Once youre on the road, the rest comes easily. Assuming you have the time and money of course. The hardest part was deciding when and where to end the trip. Its a lifestyle that is very addictive. The only part that needed strong nerves, that I remember, was when I was in a crowd watching Chumbivilcano community boxing matches. Lots of people were drunk, agitated, and staring at me, the only gringo, in the front row at the fence, filming with my video camera.
A man whispered to me, "leave before the last fight, or you will get robbed!"
I took his advice... and everything was ok.

Old 05-27-2023, 12:23 PM   #58

Episode #38, it is 44 minutes long. Some ad-hoc heated grips added to my bike, then I ride south. Much history abut the British in their efforts to map the Strait of Magellan, the Salesian Catholic mystic Don Bosco and the sad demise of the Selknam native people...

Old 05-27-2023, 12:24 PM   #59

Also a quick "in between" episode:

Old 03-05-2024, 10:08 PM   #60

Nice. Subscribing to this.
Have anyone else here ridden through SA/Central Am/Mexico before? or plan to?