Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2022, 10:43 AM   #1

1994 Honda XR 250 parts?

There is a 1994 Honda XR 250 on Marketplace, and it looks like it's built a lot like the TBR7, and standard Hawk. It evidently runs, but looks rough. The motor is OHC, and it's evidently a 6 speed, but looks no taller than the CG style on the Chinese bikes. Would the forks, swing arms, wheels, and possibly the motor work on a TBR7 ? My TBR7 is in good working order, but I was just thinking about it for later.

Old 11-14-2022, 11:04 AM   #2

Can it be done?? With enough money and time, pretty much anything can be done.
Is it worth???
Not really.

For the forks you are going to need also the upper and lower brackets, which most likely ain't going to fit the tbr7 frame. So you are going to need to adapt it for the forks.
That's $$$ and for what forks that most likely are in need of a rebuild because they been abuse for last 18 years

Wheels they are quality ones, good alloys from the 90s, but are they rot free??
Alloy do rust and rot if they were not taken care

If you change the forks, you are not only going to need the wheels but also the hub. Hub that can be damaged.

Swingarm, you will need to modify the frame, so it can take pro-link linkage.
More $$$$

About the engine it's a RFVC and most likely you will have to rebuild it. Once again $$$$

If something breaks in your TBR7 just get a spare part, trust me you are not going to run out of spare parts for a long time. No need to adapt anything.
If you take care of the engine, you will get great millage out of it before you need to do anything critical.

Old 11-14-2022, 03:31 PM   #3

If it were me, I'd see if the XR can be titled, and if so, if the XR motor is truly smoked and it's an R opposed to L model, swap the motor into the XR chassis. Would it be a huge improvement? No, but better than what you've got by a bit. That, or just buy a spare motor and swap it in.

Old 11-14-2022, 05:41 PM   #4

It is what I think is the R model, and looks like it's never had lights. I have seen in some post people stating that certain model Honda forks, and swing arms will bolt to the Chinese frames, and just thought that it would be nice to be able to run the better suspension, and wheels, and mayo even the motor one day. It's $800, and probably not worth it if the motor can't be used.https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/i...8965661980591/

Old 11-14-2022, 07:57 PM   #5

Stay away from it, just by looking at the pictures you can see it's been trashed.

From the get go, that is not the engine from a 1994 xr 250r. The carb is a chinese PZ most likely a PZ30. If we take a look any shops that sells motorcycles parts we can see that the carb that came with the 1994 xr 250r was the PD05B-A.

I bet the rims are not original either, most likely the original ones been trashed a long time ago. Those looks like the standard painted steel rims.
The handlebar is not the original either, hell even the seat looks from another model.
Also i think there is going to be some fuel tank in that rust.
But hey at least you are going to have a worn out swingarm in need of new bushings that says "wussy"

At 800 you are throwing away money.

Old 11-15-2022, 11:23 AM   #6

That's an XR200, not 250. Completely different motors, but technically the motor you have would be a bolt-in.

The carb is most likely stock, the bike looks pretty stock overall.

Unless you want drum brakes front and rear, this isn't an upgrade. I wouldn't buy it at that price, maybe at $200 if it was local and non-running. I'd go as high as 600 if it came with a title, since it's apparently running.

It wouldn't really be a meaningful upgrade for you in any big way.