Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2016, 10:38 PM   #1

Mine sure does!

Old 04-21-2016, 10:45 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmbath View Post
Mine sure does!
What model year of the Hawk did you purchase, and from whom did you purchase it?

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-22-2016, 01:48 AM   #3

thanks for the quick replies brothers!!! and i bought the 2015 all black..she looked like that until i ripped that rubber tubing to the airbox off because the seal was so poor! Also there was a rubber hosing at the bottom of the airbox that was connected to what i think is the crank case and it was totally torn is that an important hose and what is its job to cool off the crankcase or engine?! It was connected to the airbag right under the big rubber pipe manifold that had the poor seal

Old 04-22-2016, 11:07 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawkdown View Post
...Also there was a rubber hosing at the bottom of the airbox that was connected to what i think is the crank case and it was totally torn is that an important hose and what is its job to cool off the crankcase or engine?! It was connected to the airbag right under the big rubber pipe manifold that had the poor seal
Yes, the hose is important. The crankcase vents through that hose into the air box. I suggest you replace that hose, or you risk sucking dirt and/or moisture into the crankcase.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-22-2016, 12:43 PM   #5

Spud and Azhule you guys are awesome thanks for replying so quick. I knew it was important and no one mentioned what to do about it or seemed to know what I was talking about. Cant wait to post a pic and vid after I get the blackhawk airborne! I was discouraged about registering it in NY and putting much money into it aftermarket but after reading about the SD and VT title transfer option and hearing about the luck others have had with wr450s and yz250s Im sure Ill have no problem and I love my hawk again as much as the day I bought her on my Macbook haha! Gunna throw in a new carb, K&N clamp on filter, look into my crankcase ventilation options, and last but not least a high power L.E.D. or H.I.D. Halo headlight!! Ill post any updates and thanks agin for your help brothers

Old 04-23-2016, 08:52 PM   #6

2015, rps