Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-30-2017, 08:09 PM   #1

New Coolster 150-DX2.

So I posted my first time last night and was told to start a new thread....lol. I kinda hijacked someone's thread.
My name is Leon. I'm in Ashby Massachusetts in case anyone else is around. Kinda new to these "wheelers", I already have 2 110cc Coolster's, one bigger and one of the small ones. Today, my 150cc was delivered to my work. My boss was skeptical, but after seeing it, he wants one too...lol. Assembly went well by myself, from 3pm to 5:30. And that was uncrating to filling with gas and test ride. The frame of the crate had some damage and the bleeder screw for the rear brake was broken off and a couple scuffs here and there. Everything went together great. I do see some large rubber grommets that I couldn't figure out where they go. The smaller ones held the foot wells to the body. Next, I'm trying to figure out the hand guards.

Couple other things, if I wanted to add a small lightbar up front, where would I wire it up to? Direct to the battery with a switch? Second, I think the carb needs adjustment already as it dosent start on first crank... fires and dies- unless given a bit o' throttle. If just coasting around light throttle, it seems it wants to bog and die, then clears up... right around 1/8" to 1/4" of thumb applied. Any pointers on adjusting that?
Also, I have a ton of 5/30 Mobil 1 synthetic... can I run that? I think I saw 10w30
Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1794.jpg (90.0 KB, 413 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1793.jpg (91.3 KB, 404 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1796.jpg (90.0 KB, 399 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1797.jpg (88.4 KB, 391 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1798.jpg (90.8 KB, 388 views)