Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2016, 03:01 PM   #1

Street Price Hawk 250 ?

Hi

Saw a Hawk on Craigslist for $1300...50 miles odo...like new.

Is this a reasonable deal?

I had a Hi Bird 250 back in the days.
Put 10,000 hard miles on it, before selling it to a kid.
I think I paid about the same from the dealer in Oklahoma called Vbike.

Old 07-07-2016, 03:43 PM   #2

Considering you can get one new shipped to your door for ~$1350 that does not seem like a good deal to me.

But if he did a good job assembling it and got the carb all setup could be worth it.

Old 07-07-2016, 03:57 PM   #3

with only 50 miles on it, I think that's a good price assuming the guy knew what he was doing for the assembly. if he's done any upgrades, all the better. it's possible he can't get it running right and just gave up.

Old 07-07-2016, 04:26 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
with only 50 miles on it, I think that's a good price assuming the guy knew what he was doing for the assembly. if he's done any upgrades, all the better. it's possible he can't get it running right and just gave up.
I think you can assume that he is having trouble with it. 50 miles? More likely 50 klicks, or 31 miles. If he assembled it correctly, he would have ridden it farther before being dissatisfied. Now when you talk to him, if he says it has terrible brakes, that means he doesn't know how to set it up. There are plenty of places on here that reccomend cleaning the brake rotors with brake cleaner before you even ride it out of the driveway. Likewise about parts falling off. Just ask what problems he's having with it. Then offer him $900.00. Getting educated costs either money or pain or both. Do you have to ask how I know this?

Old 07-09-2016, 05:05 PM   #5

If you are in Texas and not too far from the importer, you can get an even better deal if you go pick it up.

If he has it registered, with plate that is worth something.
Be a Piggy!

Old 07-09-2016, 06:15 PM   #6

If it's assembled well and tuned well it is not a horrible deal. Ask if it has been rejetted and what jets he used.

Old 07-11-2016, 08:24 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
Hi

Saw a Hawk on Craigslist for $1300...50 miles odo...like new.

Is this a reasonable deal?

I had a Hi Bird 250 back in the days.
Put 10,000 hard miles on it, before selling it to a kid.
I think I paid about the same from the dealer in Oklahoma called Vbike.
I remember you and your Hi Bird and the dealer, V Bike. People have mentioned to me that one can get a 'brand new Hawk on the road for $1100 in Dallas.' That is what I have read on the Facebook group, so I would look for that deal if I was you.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 07-12-2016, 04:48 AM   #8

I bought mine in sept. at a Dallas dealer and the price was $1299 + tax, title, and registration which came to about $1650 or so. I actually seen another Hawk in the area 2 days ago. Was leaving a store and seen him pass on the road and thought it looked like a Hawk from a distance. So I quick hopped on the bike and chased him down to confirm this. lol. We pulled over down the road a ways and he mentioned he had just purchased it for the same $1299 price tag. I could tell he didnt do much research on the Hawk before he bought it so I strongly suggested he comes here to CR to familiarize himself and check out mods and what not.

Old 07-12-2016, 11:11 PM   #9

RPS was advertising "dealer pricing" of $900 a while back. APSC had a "warehouse special" price of $1100 or $1200 assembled. You have to figure the bike is around $600 FOB probably less. I would call Don (or Greg might be able to help) at APSC he should be able to give you a deal if you can pick up in Houston or Dallas.

Old 07-13-2016, 09:38 AM   #10

The dealer price did not include shipping. With shipping on a single unit it was about $1,100. Also that meant you had to process and put your dealership name on the MCO along with a host of other contractual obligations. When my nephew was looking to have some on his store's floor we could not believe how inexpensively APSCusa can sell them for. Honestly it is cheaper for him to buy it through Don at APSCusa then directly through RPS. you can get 8 units from Don for $1,037 per unit. That is crazy cheap. APSCusa must be buying them by the shipping container (96 units).

Old 07-13-2016, 02:00 PM   #11

Yeah, RPS seems like they don't want to deal with people directly anymore and prices were FOB. As are all the prices I listed above. I guess they are trying to act like a distributor instead of Charley Powersports. I would rather deal with Don anyway. I get the sense that he buys by the container as well. He seems to be well connected to Chinese manufactures and distributors and seems to be able to get deals and closeouts. Looking at their website you assume they are just a drop shipper but there is a lot more going on there. He even said something about knock down kits being assembled in a factory in the US and he is in on it.