Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2020, 11:00 PM   #166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard_Cain View Post
At this point, I'm thinking my backup plan needs to kick in gear, and just pony up $300 extra for a Boom Vader gen 2.

Lord knows, come spring the Taotao will likely be the same price anyhow.
Check out Kronik Racing in Simi Valley, California. The owner, Pete, is the Vader guru--he sells them, works on them, sells stock parts and performance parts for them, and has modified quite a few of them. He is relatively close to the Boom! warehouse about an hour and a half from his store, and is tight with them, so you really cannot go wrong with ordering from him. He has a very good reputation here. His hours are 12:00-6:00 Pacific time, and I suggest to call him at least to see if you would go that route. He is not a fan of Taotao, and will tell you why. Otherwise he would sell them; I don't think it is just a sales pitch to get you onto a Vader.

www.kronikracing.com

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 11-20-2020, 09:22 AM   #167

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Check out Kronik Racing in Simi Valley, California. The owner, Pete, is the Vader guru--he sells them, works on them, sells stock parts and performance parts for them, and has modified quite a few of them. He is relatively close to the Boom! warehouse about an hour and a half from his store, and is tight with them, so you really cannot go wrong with ordering from him. He has a very good reputation here. His hours are 12:00-6:00 Pacific time, and I suggest to call him at least to see if you would go that route. He is not a fan of Taotao, and will tell you why. Otherwise he would sell them; I don't think it is just a sales pitch to get you onto a Vader.

www.kronikracing.com
Great minds.... as they say..

I had emailed Kronik at the beginning of the month and Pete replied, gave me his direct work email to contact him; said plenty Vader in stock and ready to ship.

I emailed him directly last night, said my Hellcat ordered got cancelled, and I'm kinda glad for it now. That once my refund is processed and back in my account, I want to order a gen 2 from him.

I/m fairly positive that any and all of the parts I ordered for the Hellcat will fit the Vader too. Levers, shifter, LED turn signals, VM22 carburator....

Now to explain to my wife why, in the middle of a pandemic, I needed a 4th motorcycle.

Old 11-21-2020, 12:13 PM   #168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard_Cain View Post
I just got the email from Dalton at Q9 about my hellcat, and a text... Tao is jerking them around and they just can't keep doing this, so they've cancelled and refunded all outstanding orders.

Inventory may be back in the Spring of 2021, but since Taotao jacked prices up now 2 times to the distributers/dealers, who knows how much it will cost.

At this point, I'm thinking my backup plan needs to kick in gear, and just pony up $300 extra for a Boom Vader gen 2.

Lord knows, come spring the Taotao will likely be the same price anyhow.
I got a call from them yesterday evening. They said they had sent me an email the day before, which I did not see.. Still can't find it in my email box.

They told me they're cancelling my order because because Tao has increased pricing 4x since I ordered and they haven't received any stock. Said they weren't sure when it would come in. This last part, they should have started with when I ordered in May.

I told them it was BS because the whole purpose of pre-ordering was because, as they stated, "Pricing was locked in". His reply was Well, they've increased prices 4 times since you ordered and blah, blah, blah...

Seems to me, they never knew when they would get stock and just played us all. And this was a way of bring in income for them, while selling nothing.

It's along the same lines as their last answer when they told someone here that they were clearing out their May pre-orders and were starting with June.

IMHO, this was and is a crooked company... I'm tempted to take them to small claims court over this.. I don't know if I can file here or if it has to be where they're located, but this is BS.. They've had my $$$ for over 6 months stringing me along and now their cancelling it because they say they're going to lose money.. when the whole point of them taking pre-orders was us to get them was to lock in the price, and for them to possibly take a loss. This was their offer, not something we asked for.

Old 11-21-2020, 01:19 PM   #169

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabjoe View Post
I got a call from them yesterday evening. They said they had sent me an email the day before, which I did not see.. Still can't find it in my email box.

They told me they're cancelling my order because because Tao has increased pricing 4x since I ordered and they haven't received any stock. Said they weren't sure when it would come in. This last part, they should have started with when I ordered in May.

I told them it was BS because the whole purpose of pre-ordering was because, as they stated, "Pricing was locked in". His reply was Well, they've increased prices 4 times since you ordered and blah, blah, blah...

Seems to me, they never knew when they would get stock and just played us all. And this was a way of bring in income for them, while selling nothing.

It's along the same lines as their last answer when they told someone here that they were clearing out their May pre-orders and were starting with June.

IMHO, this was and is a crooked company... I'm tempted to take them to small claims court over this.. I don't know if I can file here or if it has to be where they're located, but this is BS.. They've had my $$$ for over 6 months stringing me along and now their cancelling it because they say they're going to lose money.. when the whole point of them taking pre-orders was us to get them was to lock in the price, and for them to possibly take a loss. This was their offer, not something we asked for.
For some reason the rhino 250's are making it in to stock. However they have a 50% increase in price over the original pre-covid pricing. And yet the TBR7's seem about the same price they were before. I don't get it. Unfortunately tao tao is pretty much the only option for a adult sized atv in CA so I will be waiting until they drop pricing back to where it was before I get a china ATV.

Old 11-21-2020, 02:38 PM   #170

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabjoe View Post

Small claims could be a viable option.... Except that they're already giving you a full refund and courts may see that as satisfaction of your grievance.

Old 12-03-2020, 03:00 PM   #171

I called Q9 yesterday, giving them the benefit of the doubt. Their website was showing TBR7’s off pre-order and they said they had enough to fill all the back orders, they just had to get through them all. I asked about my son’s DB-27 no news on that one. They are selling IceBear, and so I offered to switch my son’s bike to one of those... but it looks like they are on pre-order. If Jan hits and no DB-27, I will see what my options are.

Old 12-04-2020, 09:17 AM   #172

@JakeD

I'd try here:

https://www.superiorpowersports.com/...ap110db-27.htm

Or here..

https://www.familygokarts.com/shop/m...db27-110-green