Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2010, 11:18 PM   #46

light on small quad

yes ,good idea to check the bulb also ,the last one i bought for my son the 2 lights in the front bumper worked, but the one onthe handlebars did not,it was just the bulb filament was broken, probably from the long voyage.

Old 01-22-2010, 09:39 AM   #47

Yeah, of course it's a maze of wiring because of the settings; Hi/lo beams. High mounted lamp only, lowers only or all three. A separate setting for the amber running light. Lots-o-wires and a little space to work. Once the weather warms, I can pull the plastic body to gain better access.

Joel

Old 01-22-2010, 01:42 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoManzATV
I still can't figure the freaking headlamp issue out. I found the only fuse holder on the machine and managed to shatter the spare fuse inside in the process of trying to open the the fuse holder. The fuse that's in place meters fine. I tried calling Budget ATVs today to see if they could guide me in the right direction, email me an accurate wiring diagram, etc. A Chickedy answered, told me their 2 Techs were currently with customers. She took a message. I never got a callback. When it gets warmer out and I have the time (and patience), I'll pull the plastic body so I can get at the wiring easier. It's a freaking nightmare trying to get in there on a tiny quad. BTW, I had to throw the battery charger on it today because it was 18degF out, but it fired right up and ran excellent. Had the boys out in the yard on it, but it doesn't go too well in 4-6" of snow. Not well at all with the 4" of ground clearance it has. In short, I don't think I'd recommend BudgetATVs to anyone at this point.

Joel
Wiring on these things can be real gremlins. The connectors are of poor quality and can slide out easily as well. I've found none of the chinese atv's I've had have come with well functioning lights. Not sure why that is.

I don't know your reseller at all, but it's very unlikely you'd get support from anyone selling these things for this type of issue. I'm not surprised you didn't get a call back. Maybe that's a sad state of the industry, I'm just not surprised.

Wish I could be of more assistance on the lights, but it's one of those things you need to dive in with your tester and poke around and find the one bad wire in the mix. 8O

Old 01-22-2010, 02:10 PM   #49

Once you get the plastic out of the way and have the time you'll sort it out.