Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2008, 08:43 PM   #31

Almon, maybe it has something to due with import regulations? If American Lifan is owned by Chongqing Lifan, then it sort of makes sense I guess...

Buying China, as long as you got what you needed and ordered from them then that is good , but I agree it is good to see as much information as you can...

Old 03-02-2008, 11:10 PM   #32

Quote:
It seems at least these days when China Lifan sells a Direct Importer a container of Lifan motorcycles they all say 'Imported by American Lifan'.
So the direct importers can spec from the factory the engine, exhaust, frame, brakes, color and graphics they want but not a little sticker?

tcs

Old 03-02-2008, 11:15 PM   #33

I don't think they have a choice in the matter....

Old 03-02-2008, 11:48 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
Almon, maybe it has something to due with import regulations? If American Lifan is owned by Chongqing Lifan, then it sort of makes sense I guess...

Buying China, as long as you got what you needed and ordered from them then that is good , but I agree it is good to see as much information as you can...
Hi Jim,

I think you are correct, I guess that is why China Lifan is sticking these stickers on the bike. This can't make American Lifan very happy though...

Old 03-02-2008, 11:54 PM   #35

Re: Awareness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buyingchina
Hi Jim, Its too bad I didn't see your post before I got involved with Rabbit Scooters.com.

I am proud to be a member of a forum that supports free speech by allowing the posting of this type of important information.

There is, and will continue be a growing interest in these affordable China made motor bikes and atv's. This presents opportunities for the unscrupulousness of those that seek to reap undeserved profits.

If a forum would chose to habitually delete posts of this nature, then new members to a forum would not have all the facts. A true picture of any seller they are thinking about doing business with would be altered.

"Fool me once but never twice, said the old goat"- Buyingchina

Thank you for taking time to read my post, Best regards.

Have you seen any posts that have been deleted on any forum? (unless they did not meet with the forum rules and regulations)

Come on old Buying China give us some dirt! 8O

Old 03-06-2008, 05:59 PM   #36

Dirt

Hi Almon. Thant you for your interest!

Heres some "dirt" that hasn't been swept under the rug.

QUOTE: I should have said that my bike was purchased on 12/28/07 and as of today 02/24/08 my purchase agreement has not been fulfilled. I am waiting for replacement parts that were promised on 01/04/08. I was told that all the parts were in stock and would be shipped on Monday 01/07/08. I was also told they were not subject to there damage claim with the carrier. However, The requested form was filed on 01/06/08.

Today is 02/24/08 and its been 58 days since I placed my order on 12/28/07. This waiting period I'm going through would stress most patient people to the end of their rope!

UPDATE 03/07/08: Today I received a package from RabbitScooters.com. In it were 2 side fairings, 1 main front fairing, and the chain guard I was waiting for.

The front fairing I received is scratched up and looks dirty. Its a (Metallic) red 2007 year I believe, but my bike is (Solid) red 2008 model!

The chain guard I received is for a dual sport, but my bike is a GRX 200 Street Bike!

Today is 03/07/08, and I have been waiting 69 (sixty nine) days for RabbitScooters.com to complete my purchase agreement made on 12/28/07. And as of today, I'm still waiting.

" Good things come to those that wait" -Buyingchina

Old 03-06-2008, 06:11 PM   #37

I agree be weary if a salesman is too friendly...they are probably compensating for a crap product...I would rather a sales person be straight forward with me that way I know they will understand if the product is defective or something...
It really is a dealers job to sell bullshi$ to people, as long as Im happy with the product all is fair, its like those info commercials where actors read cue cards stating how great a product is even though they are getting paid to say that and really have no idea at all, if you buy one of these products chances are it will fall apart in a week or so or wont work at all!!!

Old 03-06-2008, 07:25 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by theENIGMATIC
I agree be weary if a salesman is too friendly...they are probably compensating for a crap product...I would rather a sales person be straight forward with me that way I know they will understand if the product is defective or something...
It really is a dealers job to sell bullshi$ to people, as long as Im happy with the product all is fair, its like those info commercials where actors read cue cards stating how great a product is even though they are getting paid to say that and really have no idea at all, if you buy one of these products chances are it will fall apart in a week or so or wont work at all!!!
Sorry but I'm a little confused by your post.

Since this thread is about Gallata Motorsports and RabbitScooters, What "friendly salesman", "paid actor", or"dealer" are you talking about?

Thanks, Buyingchina

Old 03-06-2008, 07:57 PM   #39

Re: Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buyingchina
Hi Almon. Thant you for your interest!

Heres some "dirt" that hasn't been swept under the rug.

QUOTE: I should have said that my bike was purchased on 12/28/07 and as of today 02/24/08 my purchase agreement has not been fulfilled. I am waiting for replacement parts that were promised on 01/04/08. I was told that all the parts were in stock and would be shipped on Monday 01/07/08. I was also told they were not subject to there damage claim with the carrier. However, The requested form was filed on 01/06/08.

Today is 02/24/08 and its been 58 days since I placed my order on 12/28/07. This waiting period I'm going through would stress most patient people to the end of their rope!

UPDATE 03/07/08: Today I received a package from RabbitScooters.com. In it were 2 side fairings, 1 main front fairing, and the chain guard I was waiting for.

The front fairing I received is scratched up and looks dirty. Its a (Metallic) red 2007 year I believe, but my bike is (Solid) red 2008 model!

The chain guard I received is for a dual sport, but my bike is a GRX 200 Street Bike!

Today is 03/07/08, and I have been waiting 69 (sixty nine) days for RabbitScooters.com to complete my purchase agreement made on 12/28/07. And as of today, I'm still waiting.

" Good things come to those that wait" -Buyingchina

Well you did not answer my question, but since you raised a new one... if I were you I would call Rabbit and be nice to the staff there. They will help you with your problem.

There is no difference in the type of fairing from 2007 to 2008, they are the same thing, however your color may differ. Of course you can paint your fairings as a lot of my members have done.

Speaking from experience, I have had two bikes from Rabbit and there were no issues. Also I'm in line for the GRX400 that is coming soon.

Better get your parts and everything you need now for the LF200-III because if you want to have anything to do with one you will really paying for them soon, prices are going up, up, up......

Old 03-06-2008, 10:40 PM   #40

Hi again, sorry Almon but I'm not reading you. I did not ask a question of you. ("raised a new one")

Almon wrote; Well you did not answer my question, but since you raised a new one... if I were you I would call Rabbit and be nice to the staff there. They will help you with your problem.

I thought that this was your question:

Almon wrote; Come on old Buying China give us some dirt!

Buyingchina

Old 03-06-2008, 10:47 PM   #41

This was my question,

Have you seen any posts that have been deleted on any forum? (unless they did not meet with the forum rules and regulations)

Come on old Buying China give us some dirt! Shocked

Almon

Old 03-06-2008, 11:02 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by almonpoole
This was my question,

Almon
Sorry again Almon, but this thread is Dealer disscusion> Galatta Motorsports> Rabitt Scooters.

Also I would like to point out that Disscusions about other other forums should be on those forums. I think this may be the position this forum takes. But of course this would up to the Moderator to decide.

Thank you for your understanding. Buyingchina

Old 03-06-2008, 11:21 PM   #43

I was simply asking a question about a post you made in this thread, so here it is again,

If a forum would chose to habitually delete posts of this nature, then new members to a forum would not have all the facts. A true picture of any seller they are thinking about doing business with would be altered.

"Fool me once but never twice, said the old goat"- Buyingchina

And here is my question,

You originated this and I was asking a simple question.

Enough already, if you don't want to answer then I'll leave it alone and move on to something else. :?

Old 03-06-2008, 11:50 PM   #44

Almon. I was simply praising this forum for allowing free speech, and stating the reasons. Period.

I am proud to be a member of a forum that supports free speech by allowing the posting of this type of important information.

There is, and will continue be a growing interest in these affordable China made motor bikes and atv's. This presents opportunities for the unscrupulousness of those that seek to reap undeserved profits.

Thank you. Buyingchina

Old 03-07-2008, 11:20 AM   #45

Hey, I would like to think we are part of a pretty honest webforum.
Probably because we are privateers and not owned by a big sponsor...

I am a purchaser of 2 drop shipped bikes. Not Lifan. Seems my guy was honest 8O and has parts apparently but I have yet to order/need anything.

I searched alot of places ,and lurked as a guest here, till I actually commited on the purchase. Chinariders was at least 50% of the reason I purchased Chinese...This is my China bike resource for future repair/upgrades and parts as I trust the information/dealers/tech found here. I can do all the repair nec. for these bikes to run, I am a welder by trade a Blacksmith in practicality, and am currently apprenticing Machining. All I really need is a Place to get some info that is true so I don't have to waste time.
China Riders is the most open of any "china forum" I am a member of. 8)
I think most of the members here are, by nature, curious / intelligent...and mabey cheap...lol :roll: and are willing to report any hinky actions taken by parts/bike outlets.

Love it
'08 Yongjiang 150cc atv (Jinlong)