Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2017, 09:45 PM   #1

Txpowersport review Start to Finish

Well hello ppl i just put my order in yesterday with this company i bought a hawk 250 and the base model 50 cc scooter for the ol lady. This review will be to share my experience with this company. My order totaled almost 2k only a few bucks short. So will start here 2/23 9 something in the morning put in my order. 2/24 no tracking info yet sent and email asked a few questions about ten minutes ago and will see how long till i get a reply. Im hoping that i can leave a good review and share a positive experience with you all. I chose this dealer on the success moto cheese has had with them. I bought from killer before cant say anything bad about that experience. To be continued.....

Old 02-24-2017, 10:46 PM   #2

Took about an hour to get a reply the questions were about tracking/shipment day, MCO request info. The email i got back was short and to the point i will ship these monday for you thank you. The rest of my questions went un answered and un acknowledged. So till monday......

Old 02-24-2017, 11:07 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatGrinder View Post
Took about an hour to get a reply the questions were about tracking/shipment day, MCO request info. The email i got back was short and to the point i will ship these monday for you thank you. The rest of my questions went un answered and un acknowledged. So till monday......
You want answers, you pay 500 Bak more
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 02-24-2017, 11:25 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
You want answers, you pay 500 Bak more

Isnt that the way she goes lol.

Old 02-25-2017, 10:41 AM   #5

The rest of your questions will go unheard/unanswered... your warranty problems that occur during your ownership will also be unanswered... you will be called a Liar and a Scammer if the items show up damaged and with missing pieces... any and all broken/missing pieces, you will have to find/pay for a replacement yourself...

"You should have bought Japanese if you want quality"... words taken straight from 'horses mouth' (the owner of TxPowerSports aka "Manny")

I just saved you weeks of phone calls, emails, headaches, and general frustration in dealing with "Manny" and "TxPowerSports"

Best of luck with your China Bike Purchase...

Oh and welcome to the forum... (don't mind me, I like to go around and 'spam' how horrible "Manny" and all his companies are)

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 02-25-2017, 10:51 AM   #6

Quote:

Isnt that the way she goes lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
The rest of your questions will go unheard/unanswered... your warranty problems that occur during your ownership will also be unanswered... you will be called a Liar and a Scammer if the items show up damaged and with missing pieces... any and all broken/missing pieces, you will have to find/pay for a replacement yourself...

"You should have bought Japanese if you want quality"... words taken straight from 'horses mouth' (the owner of TxPowerSports aka "Manny")

I just saved you weeks of phone calls, emails, headaches, and general frustration in dealing with "Manny" and "TxPowerSports"

Oh and welcome to the forum... (don't mind me, I like to go around and 'spam' how horrible "Manny" and all his companies are)

fingers crossed
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 02-25-2017, 12:52 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post

The only thing TXpowersports has got going for them as far as this deal goes is the fact that RPS is located in Dallas-and that the Hawks are drop-shipped directly from RPS. If the scooter is Taotao, then that will most likely be drop-shipped, too, from Dallas.

Your issue, unfortunately, is that Manny boxed you up one of his floor models, and sent that to you. Out of principal from your situation (and the fact that my friend at Excalibur can get me most any Chinese bike ) I wouldn't order a bike from TX, but I do think in the general sense, a Hawk is okay to order from them as far as not getting things screwed up (I wouldn't steer people that way).

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 02-25-2017, 06:04 PM   #8

Thanks for all the "postive" information jk. Well i look at it this way i have a great bank and if i get something that is not new and complete or have any issues they push a little button and my money comes home. I will be inspecting both the hawk and tao scoot before the truck driver ever leaves so if there is a problem right from the get they will leave and my money will be back in my account in a day or two and ill try again some place else. But i like to look for a positive outcome i am fully capable of fixing anything that could go wrong with either one as long as they both come complete un damaged i should be fine and well if not my bank covers all my online stuff for a year it would be a simple phone call to the dealer and if not fixed the first time the money will just disappear from there account. But hey im going to have a good experience anyways so no biggie i have faith. And with jap bikes take a look at history as to how they became the so called norm they under sold every other manufacturer till surprise there the only ones selling and if your product is the only one ppl have naturally other ppl go hey thats nice think ill get one time goes buy now there the norm with "higher quality" except of the parts on the jap bikes are actually made in china and taiwan surprise again. You can get a bad one from any maker at any time so there is that but i think maintenance and general care goes alot further than a brand name or country of origin in my honest opinion. But yes everyone feel free to share your experiences good and bad and i will keep everyone updated on the day to day of the whole thing.

Old 02-25-2017, 06:14 PM   #9

Sorry, I think we might have gotten a little scary there but the bottom line is both Taotao and RPS (Hawk distributor) are headquarted in/near Dallas, and both have a warehouse there, too. I am guessing that both of your bikes are drop-shipped directly from their respective warehouse, unless TX picks them up and bundles them up for combined shipping rates (might make sense). In other words, you are probably getting the real deal, so I wouldn't worry if I was you. Heck, Adam Renkleff, the RPS rep, is a member here and he has solved issues (i.e. MCO/MSO paperwork issues) as well as warranty issues for members, so the Hawk is covered. As far as Taotao, I have not heard much of anything negative from people as far as shipping damages, etc. But, like you said--check the boxes at delivery which should alleviate any and all issues!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 02-25-2017, 06:21 PM   #10

Also thanks for the welcome to the forums lol. Ill list what i have now to mod as soon as the hawk gets here. I have jets for the carb a 17 tooth front sprocket the beautiful cluster from Matt at hawkcluster@gmail.com and im going to delete the air box all together and go with just a simple pod filter since most of my riding will be gravel back roads and paved small town roads i think it will be fine. If i dont like the clone carb i will replace it with a nibbi offroad racing carb that atomizes the fuel almost like fuel injection would. Going to see how the hawk sounds and will decide then if a complete exhaust will be put on or just mod the stock one to increase air flow. Will check out the tires and wheels that come stock and decide if any changes are needed there and if so i will replace them. In the back of my mind im thinking about a pair of early ninja 250 wheels just to throw on if im going to go for any distance on just pavement but i just dont know that i will im kinda put off by the super moto look but admittedly for longer distance driving im sure it would be great compared to knobbys. The old lady says i cant play with her scoot so i had to cancel my plans for a 100cc kit, exhaust, cdi coil and plug, and upgraded carb. She has no m endorsement so prob the best anyways but im hoping by next year she will be ready for one of the grom competitor bikes i think its ssr not sure of hand, but i plan to buy one of those r3 from csc for pavement and the hawk for the country. I live in central illinois so plenty of long gravel roads between corn fields to just cruse and enjoy life as we all should do atleast once on two wheels.

Old 02-25-2017, 10:33 PM   #11

most of my riding on my hawk has been on the road. i dont even notice the knobbies are on there. they are of a hard compound and are holding up well.
13' long chopper in progress
2009 johnny pag bar hog
2004 hd electra glide ultra classic shriner edition
1997 harley davidson 1200 sportster
1972 harley davidson amf sx250

Old 02-26-2017, 01:18 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcosby View Post
most of my riding on my hawk has been on the road. i dont even notice the knobbies are on there. they are of a hard compound and are holding up well.
Yea thats what im hoping for atleast get a few thousand miles out of the stock ones.

Old 02-27-2017, 12:52 AM   #13

ive got about 850 and you cant see any wear at all. i bet they go 5 or 8 thousand.
13' long chopper in progress
2009 johnny pag bar hog
2004 hd electra glide ultra classic shriner edition
1997 harley davidson 1200 sportster
1972 harley davidson amf sx250

Old 02-27-2017, 06:22 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcosby View Post
ive got about 850 and you cant see any wear at all. i bet they go 5 or 8 thousand.
That would be sweet. So its monday after noon still no tracking info called the 800 number on the site was given an email address to email for tracking information was told everything went out today ups. So will see if i get some info back today as of now tho its day 5 and no shipping.

Old 02-27-2017, 08:25 PM   #15

Quote:
That would be sweet. So its monday after noon still no tracking info called the 800 number on the site was given an email address to email for tracking information was told everything went out today ups. So will see if i get some info back today as of now tho its day 5 and no shipping.
I would be getting very annoyed at this point. I hope you get some tracking info soon! Good luck!
2002 Yamaha R6 *sold*
Vader 125cc *sold after owning for many years*
1997 Jeep Wrangler *sold due to frame rot*