Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2008, 09:56 PM   #211

That public blog sounds like an excellent idea, Jim.
2005 Kawasaki EX250 - A new project

Old 04-24-2008, 11:22 PM   #212

Send a message via AIM to PorterzCustomz
Quote:
Originally Posted by motohillbilly
Look Porterz, all BS aside here. You said you were taking ATVD to court. If this is the case and you need my title to be part of your case let me know. Mt Texas Title says 2007 but the vin decodes as a 2006. I dont have a beef with them but I feel your pain in buying a streetable bike that cant be titled for road use. Let me know if I can help on this issue. This is not a stab, I am being serious . Best of luck.

Well thank you... As long as it slips though DMV I will let it go, if not im down the river and ATVD is holding my paddle. Did you write 2006 on the reg forum or 2008? What does your ins card say? My ins card decoded as 2008 so im not sure if I should stick with that on the reg or not, surly they are going to see a discrepancy if not them the police will if I ever get pulled over.

As a matter of fact I got pulled over yesterday!! The cop was coming at me from the other direction and lane, put his lights on and then actually blocked both lanes and parked in the middle of the road to block me off!!! He jumped out of his car yelling to get off the road with that Fin dirtbike!! when I told him it was a street legal bike he felt so stupid he did not bother to ask for reg/ins info and he said "whatever... just get out of here with your dirtbike" :roll:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=56b_1198704767

"Our founding fathers would be ashamed of us for what we are putting up with" - Ron Paul

Old 04-25-2008, 12:54 AM   #213

The year of your bike is what it says on the title, not what the manufacture date is on the frame. Lifan does not have model year bikes, they have bike styles that are exactly the same from 2006 to 2008 and the only difference is what is on the title.

In 2000/01 the Russians went through some restructuring at their factory and new bike production stopped for a couple of years. The Ural company in the USA sold the exact same bike between 2001-2003 but the bikes were tagged depending on what year they were sold even though all were manufactured in 2001. Unless you need an inspection the only thing you will need is your title to get your plates/tags. If you open your mouth and start talking vin discrepencies you will only be causing yourself headaches. As long as the vin number on the title matches the one on the frame that is all you need.

If they make a stink about the title, saying it is not legal for the roads then maybe you could put it through inspection, but your mods you've been doing to it could cause it to fail inspection. You really should get your paperwork and so forth taken care of before you start modifying the bike, but that's your call.

FWIW........
2005 TANK Trail 200
2009 Lifan LY110GY-3 (2)