Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2007, 12:44 PM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to TheOtherRide
Viva dealers?

Has anyone had any experience with www.vivamotorsports.com (aka dirtbikeswholesale.com, aka atvsimports.com)? I like the features & price of the Viva brand, but I haven't heard much feedback from actual owners other than what's posted here by Fashby. We don't have any local Chinese bike dealers here in Montana, so I'd really like to hear about some good, reliable mail-order ones.

Thanks! Great site!

Old 01-10-2007, 01:45 PM   #2

WE bought two vivas, had them shipped to us in Hawaii. They came in a very timely fashion. The only problem we had was a broken air filter we called them and they sent it right away. Yesterday we went with all the paper work which was excellent and got our licenses. The paper work took about 3 weeks to get it all but it was during the holiday season. They have great technical support and we are very happy with them. We did change from the 56 rear sprocket to a 45 but that is about all we had to do. Now we have about 100kilometers on each bike with no problems. We are happy customers of viva and if I bought another bike it would be through them. Hope this helps

Old 01-10-2007, 02:43 PM   #3

Re: Viva dealers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOtherRide
We don't have any local Chinese bike dealers here in Montana, so I'd really like to hear about some good, reliable mail-order ones.

Thanks! Great site!
I think that you do have some United Motors dealers your way. Some of UM's bikes are Chinese and some are rebadged Hyosung's (Korean). I think the enduros are Chinese, and the street bikes are Korean.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 01-13-2007, 09:57 AM   #4

Hi All
Viva is in this for the money...they carry no parts at all so be careful. Yes they are inexpensive. There was a shop by me selling Viva's and other junk brands, I have people coming to me looking for parts for these things, Bikes & Quads. The dealer just not to long ago went out of business due to the fact that he couldn't get parts from any company that he was dealing with and that he dropped a lot of JUNK Chinese stuff in this area and at his previous location in Ohio. He couldn't service what he was selling either. I hope that this helps.

Ride Wild and Fly Like an Eagle! 8O
Bruce
Hours: Tue.-Fri. 10:00-6:00 Sat. 10:00-4:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan, Crossrunner ATVs.
http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net

Old 01-14-2007, 01:02 AM   #5

Just to throw my 2 cents in when I was looking for my bike I talked to a guy a Viva for quite awhile. He was the the dealer sales manager and just happened to answer the phone. Nice bike and friendly guy but he could not confirm the bike was a 5-speed. Website said 4 speed and I was sure that was wrong. Struck me that if they were serious and were really into their products they'd know. I would and I'm sure Bruce does. I bought the JetMoto/Alpine. Great bike but if I did it over again I'd probably go with a dealer supported Lifan.

Aaron

2008 Fly-Scooters La Vie
www.scootdawg.proboards59.com

Old 02-29-2008, 08:23 PM   #6

I am still waiting for my Viva vx200sx from BH motorsports (nitro, bikesfactory, and viva-motors)
The shipping company said it will be at my door Tuesday march 4, I ordered on Jan 25...
I am in Canada which made this deal even more frustrating and there were problems at first...they acted as though everything was under control until I finally called CSA Transportation who informed me BH Motors know nothing about shipping to Canada, so I got angry but got the ball rolling myself, I had to get a customs broker etc...which cost money, but importing vehicles into Canada is no easy task, Im just happy that it can be done!
Ill speak more once the bike arrives but it looks to me like dealing these bikes can be difficult, I believe most dealers are trying there best, BH Motorsports is good and has good prices but you really do have to push at them to get what you want, everything is risky now days, I will keep you posted!

Old 03-01-2008, 12:12 AM   #7

You ordered a bike in the USA to be delivered to Canada? If so, why would you do that?
2005 TANK Trail 200
2009 Lifan LY110GY-3 (2)

Old 03-03-2008, 09:26 AM   #8

Yes I ordered a bike from the U.S.A. into Canada, why not?
There are a few dealers of China bikes where I am from but choices are a bit limited, and prices a bit higher, this was the first time I imported into Canada and has been a little difficult, but I learned alot and would do it again!

Old 03-03-2008, 11:52 AM   #9

You need to post the process for importing in the registration forum. List out the forms needed and costs. I know others that are in Canada would be interested as it would open up more options.

Frostbite may be able to sticky it.

Allen

Old 03-03-2008, 12:10 PM   #10

I briefly researched importing a KLX250s into Canada from the US.

The sticky point is the motor vehicle registration. If the bike/manufacturer is not on the 'approved' list for Canada you won't be able to get it street registered. This probably isn't an issue for an OHV.

Street registerability notwithstanding, it's mostly paperwork, waiting periods, and a ~$200CAD fee.

A checklist/recipe would be nice though.

A lot of information here:

http://www.riv.ca/

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"

Old 03-03-2008, 12:27 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostbite
The sticky point is the motor vehicle registration. If the bike/manufacturer is not on the 'approved' list for Canada you won't be able to get it street registered. This probably isn't an issue for an OHV.

Street registerability notwithstanding, it's mostly paperwork, waiting periods, and a ~$200CAD fee.
This is why I questioned his purchase from USA to CAN for the bike? Hope it all works out.

I don't know all the import rules for CAN, but I know in the USA we can't just purchase a vehicle in other countries and have them shipped here without a lot of hassle, and/or risk of having them chopped up in some cases.
2005 TANK Trail 200
2009 Lifan LY110GY-3 (2)

Old 03-03-2008, 01:36 PM   #12

kATORANGER..I will try posting the process for sure!

Old 03-03-2008, 01:41 PM   #13

Frostbite......any kawasaki is admissable from the U.S.
the only problem is recall clearance, I will post more in reg form,
there are other things to look into with the ministry for example buying used in the Us could be more difficult than new....and at least I know in Ontario but I think anywhere in Canada a speedo in KMPH is required!

Old 03-06-2008, 09:48 AM   #14

I agree with ejcycles VIVA carries ni parts and is only out for the money.I've had many customers of theirs come to my shop looking for parts and help with their bikes. I good friend of mine made the mistake of becoming a dealer for them about four years ago and had nothing but problems with VIVA. They don't honor their warranties nor do they care about their customer. I will watch and see what name they reopen under the next time the shut their doors.

Eric
Hirt Motorsports

Old 03-06-2008, 11:31 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGHIRT
I agree with ejcycles VIVA carries ni parts and is only out for the money.
So, there are motorcycle companies that are not in it for the money? It would seem hard to run a business if you didn't expect to make a profit in the end.

Most of these China bike outlets are nothing more then discount bike dealers buying in bulk and selling bikes at a LOW price. If they were to be a full-on parts supplier, big warranty, ect then they would not be able to offer bikes at these low prices. If you want all the bells and whistles then expect to pay for them (example AF). Seems silly to put down the discounter because he offers cheap bikes w/o frills after the sale. To each his own, but at least we have choices out there. The whole point of the China bikes are the fact they are cheap. NOBODY buys a China bike because of the quality before considering the cost first.
2005 TANK Trail 200
2009 Lifan LY110GY-3 (2)