Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2008, 11:59 AM   #16

I think the point is, particularly with Viva, is that they offer a very cheap bike, but parts are non-existent as well. Hyak, I am not sure when you joined chinariders, but there were several Viva owners left high and dry last year, around the same time, coincidentally.

Viva has a supposed warranty, but these people weren't getting satisfaction from it.

I think there are other discounters that would be safer to buy from than Viva. In fact, Viva seems to be renamed something else now! I would go with Hi-Bird, Roketa, or Shineray for the $1K bikes, IMO, as far as discounters go. SunL and Viva would be two discounters to stay away from.

And yes, all these companies are in it for the money, but the question becomes, who is staying in it vs. who is making a quick buck and disappearing?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-06-2008, 05:33 PM   #17

Good point, any dealer who is going to care about more than making an honest dollar is probably insane and stupid!!!
So far Nitro or Viva has responded in a timely manner to most of my emails and they have a big enough staff that is easy to get hold of by phone, I have even spoke to a mechanic Chiko who answered a question about my bike....as for them giving two shi!$ about me...well no, I dont expect them too, and are most of them probably dic&heads, yes...I mean if I kill my self on their bike at least they got the dough right, same as any other legit dealer!

Old 03-06-2008, 07:01 PM   #18

I hope they have turned their business practices around....

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-07-2008, 03:28 PM   #19

My broker and my Transport company :P are still trying to get a hold of eachother in order to get my Viva into Oshawa for customs clearance,
I spoke with the transport company lady today and she seems pissed with my broker?
Anyways it looks good for now and I should get the bike by next week, Im noticing communication is a big factor in importing a bike, the steps that need to be taken are very simple, the dealers, brokers and shipping companies tend to make it more complex, I ordered this bike back in Jan 25th, its been well over a month...If I were to import again I know I could make it alot faster knowing what I know now!
When the bike comes I will speak more of Viva, I dont think they are trying to rip anyone off though, put it this way if I get the bike here in Ottawa and its in good shape, I dont see any problem with ordering from them especially if your in the States, they even offer free shipping to the U.S.A and the bike I purchased has even dropped about $100 in price since I bought a month ago, they offer various colors I even had my title processed free because of border issues! :P

Old 03-13-2008, 07:33 PM   #20

Just got my Huansong (HSUN) HS GY200 or Viva VX200SX from Viva today, and it looks wicked, Im just waiting for my import form 2 from the border officials in Canada then I can get it safetied at Canadian Tire, my brothers a mechanic, hes coming over on Saturday to work on it with me!!!

Old 04-03-2008, 06:14 AM   #21

Army and Sand Colors? Shineray Tagged Bike

Looking at the Nitro site and i'm confused. One enduro shows really cool photos of 200cc enduros in green, yellow, blue, red and down below the color selector offers "army" and "sand"????

http://www.nitro-motors.com/200cc-di...ith-clutch.jsp

Must be behind on their payments to their webmaster? :roll:

Too bad, the bike in the picture looks sweet. Red anodized alloy rims and all. :? $899 shipped?

The other 200cc bike $999 shipped is badged Viva, but the ID plate says Shineray!!! 8O And has dual exhaust

Old 04-03-2008, 08:36 AM   #22

Went to their other site and the color picker worked OK.

http://www.atvsimports.com/dirt-bike-200cc-enduro.html

Ordered mine in green!

Old 04-03-2008, 06:04 PM   #23

Re: Army and Sand Colors? Shineray Tagged Bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by elroyjetsn
Looking at the Nitro site and i'm confused. One enduro shows really cool photos of 200cc enduros in green, yellow, blue, red and down below the color selector offers "army" and "sand"????

http://www.nitro-motors.com/200cc-di...ith-clutch.jsp

Must be behind on their payments to their webmaster? :roll:
I had a similar experience with a different dealer/vender. I was looking at a 250 (Hi-Bird, I think) and was interested enough to send an email and ask questions. I did not notice that the site lists black as the only color available, so in my email I asked if it was difficult to ensure I get the color I want, and proceeded to tell them I wanted it in black.

They replied telling me the bike wasn't available in black. 8O

Obviously, this raises some red flags. If the pictures on the site don't match what they claim to have available, there's no telling what a person might end up with.

And this just underscores the need to contact any potential vender and ask questions. Many times, it's not the questions you ask that are important, but more their ability to answer the questions, or how they answer.

Some of my emails were never returned...but I would bet those sites still make sales because the price is attractive.
2005 Kawasaki EX250 - A new project

Old 04-03-2008, 07:48 PM   #24

Big deal, who cares what their web site looks like....do they have the bikes in all those colors or not, thats what matters, use the telephone if there is a prob!!!

Old 04-03-2008, 08:23 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by theENIGMATIC
Big deal, who cares what their web site looks like....do they have the bikes in all those colors or not, thats what matters, use the telephone if there is a prob!!!
First of all, the comments were not about the way the sites look. It's about the details listed for the products they sell. If they don't know the correct details to put on the web page, why should I believe they have the ability to read my email or process my order correctly? Do they not communicate with their webmaster when the product changes? Do they communicate with their customers after the sale?

And second, like it or not, the way a site looks does say something about the company. What it says may or may not be entirely true (which is why everyone needs to do their homework), but every site says something. It's like an ad in the newspaper versus one in a magazine. One is obviously more professional looking than the other.

And in my case, the site I mentioined was much more professional looking than most. On the surface I was impressed. I scratched the surface and found an immediate flaw, IMO.

You may or may not care....which is your option...but ignoring some simple and obvious details could prove costly down the road. 8O

Old 04-03-2008, 08:46 PM   #26

Speedie are you a business man, my experience they are all crooks, thats their job, so either you buy from them and bite your freakin tongue or you visit Kawasaki.com and meet some real good looking on the outside rotten to the core bloodsucking fat cats......

Speedster I got something you might be interested in......
http://chinarider.net/

Old 04-03-2008, 09:12 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by theENIGMATIC
Speedie are you a business man, my experience they are all crooks, thats their job, so either you buy from them and bite your freakin tongue or you visit Kawasaki.com and meet some real good looking on the outside rotten to the core bloodsucking fat cats......

Speedster I got something you might be interested in......
http://chinarider.net/

...assuming you were talking to me

My experience tells me that your experince would be considered limited by many...as would mine.

There are a lot of people who only care about the money. But there are also some people who LOVE what they do, and still make money. One does not need to screw everyone they encounter in order to get ahead and make a nice living. It just seems that way to some.

The phrase "cautiously optomistic" comes to mind. Be skeptical, but give people the benifit of the doubt unless given a reason to do otherwise.

From that other thread and the epa/dot logo subject, I have to say I think you a bit of a point there. An image search at google returns interesting results. Just another little piece of the puzzle.

Old 04-03-2008, 09:58 PM   #28

Right, there is a link between MotoX and Viva, be that a friendship or possible business/dealer competition???
I just find it strange!!
I purchased from Viva back in late January, I got a nice bike in the color I asked for, nothing missing, got the title ,MSO etc...am I best friends with the staff over there no...do I care what they think of me, I really dont, I wanted a bike, and thats what I got.a con is a con, in my opinion thats what business is, the reason these dealers start by rubbing their noses in our customer asses and finish by rubbing their greasy paws together with our money.....in business the customer is always right but the business is always rich!!!
I would much rather a dealer tell me to pick out a freakin' bike pay for it and scram...then to have some dick trying to reel me in with their sophomoric babble jargon about Bullshi7 warranties and extras, back scrathers and bubble gum!!! :twisted:

Old 04-03-2008, 10:03 PM   #29

nice outlook you have there :roll:

Old 04-03-2008, 10:19 PM   #30

Hey Jim if I had the worlds greatest bike at the worlds greatest price, would you buy it from me????
Probably not......Hey Im not a salesman though, I want a bike, I dont want false promises, Im not giving a dealer extra money for nothing, Ive been screwed :( by warranties before, the dealer is not my best friend hes just acting like he his, and no Ronald Mcdonald is not real, he just sells burgers and fries!
Im glad you see things differently though, your a better man for that, but hey, thats how I am....plus lets not make the most common customer mistake by assuming these dealers or any place of business is a one man show.......sadly enough we got no one to blame but ourselves for buying from em'