Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 01:01 PM   #31

If there was a guarantee that ATV Discounter would honour their part of the agreement with respect to shipping the bike back, then it makes sense. However, in Porter's position I may have made the same choice.

Better a bird in the hand than 2 in the bush.

I've been through conflict resolution with E-Bay. It sucks and can take forever. They basically act as a disinterested intermediary as you fight it out with the vendor. Even if you fulfilled your part of the transaction the vendor can still retaliate with bad feedback (this is soon to change though).

If the vendor doesn't want to play ball you can very easily walk away with nothing. E-Bay price protection? It's a joke. I made a claim once on a $200 transaction. E-Bay/Paypal would only guarantee me $40 and that's if all other avenues failed. It took me 3 months to get my money back from the vendor, and that's because the vendor finally had a change of conscience. I believe most people eventually give up after getting tired of the waiting and lies.

I can't speak for Visa's charge back policy. However, I suspect if the vendor has already received their money this may prove difficult.

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"

Old 04-07-2008, 01:14 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorterzCustomz
YOU WOULD NOT SEND YOUR BIKE BACK IF YOU KNEW YOU WERE NOT GUARANTEED YOUR MONEY BACK.

YOU DO NOT KNOW THE WHOLE STORY SO DON'T SPECULATE LIKE YOU DO.
Considering my previous post, I have reason to assume that was directed at me, so I'll gladly respond.

First, read my post again. I said "I believe"...which means there is a chance I would not have done that, had I been in your situation. I purposely crafted my statement that way because I don't know for sure what I would have done. I only think I know what I would have done. Do you understand the differnce?

As for knowing the whole story...I believe I know enough to have made a different decision. I believe I would have made sure I had proof I had returned the bike (or at least made the effort by turning it over to the shipping company) and given that proof to my CC company for a full refund.

Do you really think the cc company needs the green light from the vendor to refund your money after you returned the product? If that were the case, nobody would ever get a refund because the vendors would never approve one. The cc company is there to work on your behalf. If you choose to ignore that fact, you have nobody to blame but yourself.

And finally, caps lock doesn't make your point any more correct or valid. We offered help and advice which you opted to ignore. Go look in the mirror and yell at yourself.
2005 Kawasaki EX250 - A new project

Old 04-07-2008, 01:27 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostbite
I can't speak for Visa's charge back policy. However, I suspect if the vendor has already received their money this may prove difficult.
Unless it has changed recently, they are VERY liberal in their chargeback policy. I haven't seen it lately, but they even ran commercials on TV that basically said they'd refund your money with no questions asked.

I know because I was working w/ several online vedors at the time who were being hit hard w/ chargebacks for valid sales, and the cc comapanies always sided w/ the customers. The vendors were being hit really hard w/ chargeback fees and various other problems that all revolved around false chargebacks.

And I may be wrong here, but if they will side w/ customers on false chargebacks, then they would surely side w/ Portez here if he had proof he had sent the bike back.

But hey....it's not like I really care.
2005 Kawasaki EX250 - A new project

Old 04-07-2008, 02:23 PM   #34

As I said the credit card company would have refunded not ebay,not paypal.Those avenues of recourse are basicaly a joke their interest is with the seller thats where their money is.The credit card company works for your intrest.I know I just had to do it in January for 350. on scan mp3 players on ebay.Both paypal and ebay are jokes when it comes to a dispute.I'll say it again for the final time I promise,{ the credit card company would have gotten your money back.}

Old 04-07-2008, 03:04 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedSouth

...but they even ran commercials on TV that basically said they'd refund your money with no questions asked.
Then it must be true!

I would hope the Visa protects their clients. Fortunately I've never had things get that far outta hand to require a charge back.

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"

Old 04-07-2008, 03:10 PM   #36

I still side with Porterz's view on this; he never had anything to prove that they would return his money, even after picking up the bike. He mentioned that one guy he contacted had the same situation, and no refund after a month.

Porterz also had to put up with ATV not contacting him--as if they were trying to hide from him.

After all was said and done, including the truck showing up early, not at Porterz's convenience, they tried to defend themselves by saying he had a more expensive bike (not that they were trying to get more money out of him, but trying to make a point to him)--which we know as not true!

I think that if anything, ATV Disclaimers should provide Porterz with a streetable rear sprocket and his bill of sale/MSO so he can obtain his plate for the street. If he never gets the paperwork, he needs to reopen his case against them (the GY-5 is DOT approved for 49 states while the GY-2 is not, again, not what they advertised).

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-07-2008, 04:34 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostbite
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedSouth

...but they even ran commercials on TV that basically said they'd refund your money with no questions asked.
Then it must be true!

I would hope the Visa protects their clients. Fortunately I've never had things get that far outta hand to require a charge back.
No,but PorterzCustomz did......... Ok I'm done really promise this time :wink:

Old 04-07-2008, 04:51 PM   #38

the way this is all playing out I am willing to bet the card was a debit/credit card deal.

A real, actual credit card you make monthly payments to will resolve the problem in no time. as a matter of fact I had to do it and my bank told me "we will have an answer for you within 24 hours"

even if the transaction had already went through, you still havent paid for it to the credit card company

Old 04-07-2008, 04:55 PM   #39

Send a message via AIM to PorterzCustomz
Quote:
Originally Posted by kczukiman
I will say this and I will not post any more about it.Youhad them where you needed to but you didn't take advantage of it.If you would have let them take the bike you would have had a copy of the bill of laiden wich prooved you sent the bike back.Then all you had to do was to file a dispute with the credit card company.You would have gotten all your money back by now it takes less then two weeks.
Plenty of people gave you that advice.You opted not to do that for what ever reason now your in a bigger pickle.They have you by the B_lls .
thats where your wrong I called the credit card company they said it could take up to 4 months.

Old 04-07-2008, 05:01 PM   #40

Quote:
Quote:
I will say this and I will not post any more about it.Youhad them where you needed to but you didn't take advantage of it.If you would have let them take the bike you would have had a copy of the bill of laiden wich prooved you sent the bike back.Then all you had to do was to file a dispute with the credit card company.You would have gotten all your money back by now it takes less then two weeks.
Plenty of people gave you that advice.You opted not to do that for what ever reason now your in a bigger pickle.They have you by the B_lls .
thats where your wrong I called the credit card company they said it could take up to 4 months.
well Ill be sure to stay away from visa in the future. 4 months is ridiculous!! What about the payments in those four months? did they tell you how it was going to work out?

with me they told me that as soon as I disputed the charge that I had no obligation to pay it until the issue had been resolved. they even went as far as to take the charge off completely until they figured it out.

Old 04-07-2008, 05:21 PM   #41

Quote:
Quote:
I used mastercard Platinum.They must love me.I had no hastles at all.Four months?Dang are you a credit risk? :wink:

Old 04-07-2008, 05:38 PM   #42

Just for the record that last post was a joke!!!

Old 04-07-2008, 05:55 PM   #43

Quote:
You are like 5 posts over when you said it would be your last!!! I am counting, BTW...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-07-2008, 06:02 PM   #44

[quote="culcune"]
Quote:
You are like 5 posts over when you said it would be your last!!! I am counting, BTW...

[/quote
I guess I'm politician material. :wink: ( Flip Flop ) lol

Old 04-08-2008, 05:50 PM   #45

ATV Discounter Owner's Glen and Sheri Barling

Call there cell phones and bug them till they give you what you want. You could call american lifan in dallas and tell them you need the title atv discounter get's it from them.
Cell phone numbers for the owners of atv discounters.

817-819-8136
817-819-8137

Closed Thread