Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 05:41 PM   #76

Like I said...I don't think I would mail order from them, but if they were close to me, and I could make a deal for a product I could see and touch, or needed a part (again, in person), I would still stop by. Mail ordering still makes me weary, no matter the vendor (although VBikes seems to be on the up and up).

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-17-2008, 06:16 PM   #77

I don't mind mail ordering from places that have been recommended and are known to have good service.

Buying from ATVD in person may be fine. You know what you will be getting.

Allen

Old 04-18-2008, 02:17 AM   #78

To address a few posters.. We offered the client a full refund via email multiple times. We stated we would do a full chargeback of this credit card once the unit was picked up from the freight company. The freight company issues a pickup receipt that shows the sender and the destination along with the package. There is no need to "trust", because the email + the receipt is all the person would need. This particular client did not want a chargeback.

Don't you use a bonded shipping company? Why wouldn't the truck driver be just the same as your front door? Yes, we use bonded freight companies. We were willing to send the unit once the truck driver had possession.

Why must the customer wait/endure/trust you, for your admitted mistake?

We offered to send the correct bike, the instant the mistakenly shipped unit was on the truck. Our policy has to be strict because there are less than scrupulous people that have taken advantage of situations like these in the past. People claiming we sent the wrong unit even though it was the correct one, claiming units were damaged beyond repair that actually had no damage, claiming the freight crate was mislabeled, and tons of other reasons. We then quickly send out a new unit and only to never receive the original unit back. I assure you this isn't a case of 1 in 30,000. The anonymity of the internet allows for many people to behave in a manner they typically would not do anywhere else.

We certainly don't expect the worst from people. Our policy is NOT to wait until the original unit is actually delivered back to our store and then fully inspected by our staff before sending the correct unit. This is the policy of a lot of online businesses. We just need a confirmation from the driver that a unit is picked up before the next unit is delivered.

Why would you not immediately jump on this and make it right WITHOUT saying negative things about this customer to eBay? You already had his money. He has youth for an excuse, you are a business.
I will not go into the specifics around this particular client, but I assure you all professional attempts were made to assist this client. After repeated attempts via phone calls and emails to fix the problem, we were unable to come to a agreed upon solution. All attempts were made prior to leaving any sort of feedback on the client.

As stated before, I wish this could have ended better for both parties. I never like losing a customer. I do honestly believe all reasonable attempts were made to satisfy the customer, but sadly none were satisfactory.

Please note, we have one of the highest customer satisfaction rates in the industry, in addition to being one of the largest online ATV dealers in North America. I only wish that every satisfied customer would come online and post, but sadly it is only the occasional unhappy ones that do, but such is the nature of the internet. There will be times when issues arise in any business, but it is up to both parties to be mature, reasonable, and professional about the situation so a common solution can be found.

If you have any further comments or questions, please do not hesitate to contact me @ nathan.barling@atvdiscounter.net.

Old 04-18-2008, 12:26 PM   #79

Send a message via AIM to PorterzCustomz
wow.. this is too funny.. I just noticed that you signed up.. This is good though, maybe we can finally deal with this in a courtroom type setting?

So I guess your buddie " motohillbilly " did not get his new bike from your store, why do you think that is? Hmm.. maybe because you don't really sell GY'5? You can't deny that you put ads up for them, everyone on here saw them.

I made payment, then 3-4 days after you filed a non payment strike against me with ebay then later on after I get the wrong bike you follow up with this threat..

"WE ARE THE NUMBER #1 ON THE INTERNET
AND WE DO NOT APPRECIATE YOU PUTTING UNTRUTHFUL STATEMENTS ABOUT US AND IF YOU CONTINUE THIS WE WILL
CONTACT OUR LEGAL DEPARTMENT"

You told me that all of the customers that file reports against you are "crazy" Do you have a habit of putting your customers down like this?

LETS LOOK AT THE EMAIL'S YOUR WIFE SENT ME

" Eric I spoke with our shipping dept. about this bike and was told that it is
manufactured at the same time,so saying it is a 2006 is incorrect, that the
only difference in this bike are the brakes, the color and it is shaped a
little different but as far as expense goes this is actually a more expensive bike but I wasn't even going to go into with you because you have been impossible to deal with."

I am done

"Eric
you are way too much trouble and unreasonable. Dirt bikes do not have to
have titles. So we have a bill of sale,this is the last conversation I will have with you. Have a nice life."

"I have not received one single message from you since I spoke with you
Friday. I can not say anything about the other departments. It isn't
our company who can not arrange a pick up deliver at the same time. The
freight companies have to empty there trucks in the morning and pick up in the evening. They don't work where the drive around all day picking up
and delivering at the same time. They don't work that way. I wish they did
it would make my life easier."

"Yes we may have 31 complaints against us with the BBB due to the
fact we sell to over a million consumers. I would say 31 to a million isn't
too bad."

I can forward the emails if anyone wants a copy to voch for the authenticity.

PS: I need a new battery, as seen in the fist picture I sent you, the acid had leaked out therefore it was un-useable. I am tired of using the kick starter!! Make sure if you send one you have a tracking number.

PSS: Thanks for coming on here, lets see what we can do to make this right.

Thanks!! - Porterz

Old 04-18-2008, 01:07 PM   #80

I am sure the GY-2 and the GY-5 are very comparable; however, the GY-2 clearly states that it is an off-road machine. The GY-5 is a 49-state DOT street legal bike. This could have been a big factor for some people in certain states that won't register "off-road" bikes despite having all street equipment.

The GY-2 also has the 56 t rear sprocket, while the GY-5 has the 46 t rear; far more usable from stock.

The year clearly stated 2006 on the bike, while the ad stated 2008--big difference!

Porterz had posted a trade ad here to try to trade the stock GY-2 tires with more streetable tires.

In my opinion, Porterz would have been better off ordering his GY-2 for the same price $1299 from Hooper Imports, as his already have the 46 t sprocket, and street tires.

Again, if I lived in the area, I would not hesitate to see any of your stores in person--but I would hesitate to mail order from you.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 04-18-2008, 02:20 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune
I am sure the GY-2 and the GY-5 are very comparable; however, the GY-2 clearly states that it is an off-road machine. The GY-5 is a 49-state DOT street legal bike. This could have been a big factor for some people in certain states that won't register "off-road" bikes despite having all street equipment.
No way... You have me VERY worried.. I live in CT if I cannot get this reg IDK what I will do.... I bought it for a spring/summer d/d for gas economy instead of buying a second more gas friendly cheap car.

Old 04-18-2008, 02:26 PM   #82

If you can't get it licensed you could always unload it on here :!:

http://newlondon.craigslist.org/

Old 04-18-2008, 04:26 PM   #83

katoranger wrote:
Quote:
Yeah but they are working on that too.
They plan to load the bait bike on your truck/trailer then distract you and do the switch.

They'll probably use the old free cycle cover and thats how you wont notice until you get it home.

Old 04-18-2008, 04:30 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorterzCustomz

No way... You have me VERY worried.. I live in CT if I cannot get this reg IDK what I will do.... I bought it for a spring/summer d/d for gas economy instead of buying a second more gas friendly cheap car.
I always say (mostly) not to quote me, and I really do not know CT laws, but the GY-5 is 49 state DOT approved/do not know if the GY-2 is, and/or how strict CT is (I know I could get a GY-2 registered in AZ) so you might have some hassle, or maybe not. Post in the registration area, and visit your DMV in person, with MSO/bill of sale (that is where pretty much every state registration begins), and see what is needed. It might go easy, and they just want to see the bike for an inspection...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 04-18-2008, 07:01 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamCheap
katoranger wrote:
Quote:
Yeah but they are working on that too.
They plan to load the bait bike on your truck/trailer then distract you and do the switch.

They'll probably use the old free cycle cover and thats how you wont notice until you get it home.
L M F A O!!!!!!!!

Good luck, you only have a taillight warantee and even then its been said that a member on here to "back the parts guy into a corner" to get a light cover.

Old 04-21-2008, 08:08 PM   #86

This thread is locked, please continue the discussion in the '..Really Screwed' thread.

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"

Closed Thread