Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2010, 05:31 PM   #16

It looks good in the crate! Looks like a sharp piece.

I bet you'll have fun slappin' it together. Don't forget your loctite!

Old 01-15-2010, 07:55 PM   #17

Bwhahaa! I think they actually put more attention to detail in the shipping frame than they did the ATV! I cant break it apart!! Nahh.. it's not that bad. It's pretty much what I expected for $650, 'cept they sent me the $640 one and charged me $650 (cheaper front bumper). The structural welds actually look pretty good. Non-structural like bird poop. The steering knuckles are a different design and not like the ones pictured on the site. These look good. They are cast and look sturdy. The A-arms are gusseted well, and the engine looks good. One totally ridiculous thing is; The ONLY way to get access to the engine oil dipstick is to remove the right side foot-well which takes 8 nut/bolts. I suppose it's 'safer' this way since it seals off the hot engine from your kids. Another crazy thing is; The carb bowl vent hose terminates into something that looks just like a fuel filter, except the open end is plugged off?!?! I snipped off the sealed end w/ pliers. Otherwise there'd be no way for the carb bowl to vent. There is also no fuel shut-off valve or a fuel filter on it. In fact it's only about 6" of fuel line between the tank and the carb. Very little room in there. Oh.. and a WHOLE mess of wiring. It's got the two headlamps on the body and one on the handlebar. I'll snap some photos in the next day or 3..

Joel

Old 01-15-2010, 08:00 PM   #18

Fun project. Sounds like you are doing a thoughtful assembly. You'll have a great time, So will the kids. How many cc's is the ATV?

Old 01-15-2010, 08:14 PM   #19

I enjoy hearing about your experience as if it was mine, cant wait to hear more.

Old 01-16-2010, 04:44 PM   #20

Some pics as assembled. Note how the right side footwell has to be completely removed to check/add/change oil and the "California" emissions package.

Joel

Old 01-16-2010, 06:19 PM   #21

My thoughts, bearing in mind I don't have an ATV. Both are oil drains. Q's, Lifanoids, and I think Zongs each have more than one oil drain. I don't know why. It may be so the engine can be used in ATV's or motorcycles.

I'd consider cutting an access hole in that panel to better be able to check the oil.

Too bad Spud does not have one of these, all the modifications options would have been pre-explored. 8)

Old 01-17-2010, 03:43 PM   #22

Doc, what's even funnier (or sad.. depending how u look at it), any "service manual" you can dig up online for these engines will show the belly of the engine w/ the two plugs just like I pic'd, but even the MANUAL doesn't tell you which to remove!!

Joel

Old 01-17-2010, 04:05 PM   #23

Yup. ChinaBike Standard Operating Procedeure. :roll:

Pick one and figure it out. 8)

Good thing we have American, and Canadian, ingenuity!

Old 01-19-2010, 12:00 PM   #24

That's a fact. Sites like this make these ATVs possible as far as I'm concerned.

Joel

Old 01-19-2010, 04:38 PM   #25

If you take the plug out that is on an angle, you'll find there is a spring in there that launches out at you. Virtually no oil comes out of there and I'd recommend you leave it on. Take the bolt out that is in line/flat with the bottom of the motor, I think it's a 17mm, and it will drain the oil for you.

The one on an angle that is leaking, you can remove carefully and add some teflon tape to the threads to enhance sealing. It is a 'pipe' thread, so should seal for you automatically, but.. Just be aware of that spring. I almost lost the hardware taking it off the first time.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:55 PM   #26

Yep. Indeed it's the 17mm plug. It's got a nice aluminum crush washer, but they still glopped it up with pipe dope.
I was able to get out in the garage today and finally got it fired up. Boy does that 107cc run nice! I added a plastic fuel cutoff inline between the tank & carb and gassed her up. I pulled the right side footwell so I could check the oil. It looked and smelled like motor oil, it's just as thick as honey at ~28degF out. Figured out you have to mash the foot brake to energize the starter. Then cranked and cranked and cranked it. No fire? It is cold out. I got nervous, pulled the sparkplug to check for spark. A wicked blue arc there. Popped the plug back in and tried again. It lit right off! Within 10-20sec of running I could idle it right down as smooth as butter. It is very smooth for something solidly mounted like it is. I set the throttle lock screw real low for the kids, ran it a good 20min until it was good and HOT. I let the kids try it in the driveway a bit and then changed the oil. The only issue so far is I have no headlights. The round cyclops headlight has a small amber 'running light' setting that does work (it's got 2 bulbs in it), but none of the 3 headlights are working. I poked around until it got too dark and cold and gave up for now.

Joel

Old 01-19-2010, 07:59 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoManzATV
Yep. Indeed it's the 17mm plug. It's got a nice aluminum crush washer, but they still glopped it up with pipe dope.
I was able to get out in the garage today and finally got it fired up. Boy does that 107cc run nice! I added a plastic fuel cutoff inline between the tank & carb and gassed her up. I pulled the right side footwell so I could check the oil. It looked and smelled like motor oil, it's just as thick as honey at ~28degF out. Figured out you have to mash the foot brake to energize the starter. Then cranked and cranked and cranked it. No fire? It is cold out. I got nervous, pulled the sparkplug to check for spark. A wicked blue arc there. Popped the plug back in and tried again. It lit right off! Within 10-20sec of running I could idle it right down as smooth as butter. It is very smooth for something solidly mounted like it is. I set the throttle lock screw real low for the kids, ran it a good 20min until it was good and HOT. I let the kids try it in the driveway a bit and then changed the oil. The only issue so far is I have no headlights. The round cyclops headlight has a small amber 'running light' setting that does work (it's got 2 bulbs in it), but none of the 3 headlights are working. I poked around until it got too dark and cold and gave up for now.

Joel
Grats! It's alive! Those lil 110's purr like a kitten. My son's does too, wish my beast sounded as smooth!

Old 01-19-2010, 08:34 PM   #28

Yes, impressive indeed and makes me happy it runs well in temps below freezing. Apparently I've got an 'emissions compliant' carb with little/no adjustability. Just an idle screw. It's this carb with a plug in place of the mixture screw (towards the airfilter end)

I also figured out I overfilled the engine oil. The goofy plastic dipstick is next to useless and the only place to find specs/fluid capacities is fine sites like this one! I added a quart of Napa Fleet 15w40, when it looks like the 110cc holds 0.62 quarts (just over half a quart??)

Joel

Old 01-19-2010, 08:36 PM   #29

You did not particularity care for the dealer you purchased your ATV from, is this machine available any where else. And just for clarity can you tell me the actual model?

Old 01-19-2010, 09:15 PM   #30

Are you saying that screw with the blue paint above it is not adjustable as your air/fuel mixture screw? As for oil you should be using motorcycle grade oil not automotive oil.