Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2010, 09:28 PM   #31

Would you be so kind as to sit on that ATV and take a pic of yourself so we can see about how big it is? It looks bigger than it should.

Old 01-19-2010, 09:31 PM   #32

Just as an aside, Usually 15w40, and 20w50 are *not* friction modified oils, so they should be more or less fine. Not as good as a dedicated "Motorcycle oil" But still okay.

Generally speaking if the SAE circle on the back of the bottle does *Not* say "Energy conserving" it should be alright in a motorcycle engine.

--Vince

Old 01-19-2010, 09:39 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynev
Are you saying that screw with the blue paint above it is not adjustable as your air/fuel mixture screw? As for oil you should be using motorcycle grade oil not automotive oil.
Oh.....i get it now, that pic shows the normal air screw, your's is plugged

Good point on the oil vince.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:53 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealWorld
Would you be so kind as to sit on that ATV and take a pic of yourself so we can see about how big it is? It looks bigger than it should.
It's a tiny ATV. The seat is just under 2ft off the ground. At 6ft, 225lbs I can get on it, but it ain't pretty . :oops: May be worth a few laughs.

Joel

Old 01-19-2010, 10:56 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceDrake
Generally speaking if the SAE circle on the back of the bottle does *Not* say "Energy conserving" it should be alright in a motorcycle engine.

--Vince
Yep, that's what I was thinking Vince. I'm more concerned about proper level at this point. Web info indicated 0.6qts, then I read of owners who just fill it to a quart?!? What's a poor boy to do.

Joel

Old 01-19-2010, 10:57 PM   #36

Thanks, it does look much bigger, and that is what I thought for its size. Your a good sport!

Old 01-19-2010, 11:12 PM   #37

Good news! Glad to here that it runs. I hope you figure out the headlight issue.

BTW, the bolt with a spring behind it that TurboT described is the cam chain tensioner. It's best to use the other bolt.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-19-2010, 11:18 PM   #38

Wow. Glad someone knew! 8O

Old 01-20-2010, 01:15 AM   #39

I couldn't remember if it was for the cam chain or something to do with the oil pump, so I kept my mouth shut. I just knew the spring comes out of there at 100 miles an hour when you hit the last thread, and parts go everywhere. 8O

I've run 15-40 Diesel oil in my 110cc since it was new, basically because I hadn't discussed oils on the forum before, and I followed what the manual that came with it said. I've had no transmission or engine problems on my 110 so, as mentioned, you're more than likely fine. Next oil change, which I plan to do before it gets ridden again, 10-40 motorcycle oil will go in.

Old 01-20-2010, 04:24 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealWorld
You did not particularity care for the dealer you purchased your ATV from, is this machine available any where else. And just for clarity can you tell me the actual model?
It's kind of hard for me to rate BudgetATVs. The online ordering/purchasing process went smooth aside for the last CC payment I had to re-do. Their phone availability was not good around the holidays which is somewhat understandable. It shipped quick with tracking info and I was able to pick it up at the loading dock instead of waiting a few more days to have it delivered to the house. I did get the basic machine I ordered in the color I wanted, but I paid $659 for an ATA-110D1, but instead I was sent a $649 ATA-110D. The only difference is in the front bumper. Not a huge deal and when I called them and explained the situation, they were very cool about it and said they would call me when the parts come in and send them to me no charge. They had the plastic part of the bumper in stock, not the metal framework for it. No call as of yet. In actuality, I'm fine w/ what I've got and would be happy with a $10 refund. Not a great loss if it doesn't happen. The only 'hardware' issue is the headlights don't work. If it wasn't 20degF out, I'd poke around some more. I guess with my experience so far, I'd give BudgetATVs a 7 out of 10 rating. There's a lot out there that are better I'm sure.

Joel

Old 01-20-2010, 04:51 PM   #41

PoManzATV said,

" Their phone availability was not good around the holidays which is somewhat understandable".

I know what you mean, but hey, I am just glad when they can speak English!

Thanks for the info!

Old 01-20-2010, 05:41 PM   #42

Yep, they were definitely Texas boys. YEEEhaw and whatnot.

Joel

Old 01-20-2010, 05:51 PM   #43

There is a full model list of all TaoTao ATV's here:
http://www.taotao.us/index.htm

It doesn't look like TaoTao uses the Zong engines. Some better photos of them and you can pretty clearly see "Loncin" on most of them. You will also see the other one that's been discussed in the ATV forum with the strange shock resovoirs. Think it was from powermaxatv.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:27 PM   #44

I still can't figure the freaking headlamp issue out. I found the only fuse holder on the machine and managed to shatter the spare fuse inside in the process of trying to open the the fuse holder. The fuse that's in place meters fine. I tried calling Budget ATVs today to see if they could guide me in the right direction, email me an accurate wiring diagram, etc. A Chickedy answered, told me their 2 Techs were currently with customers. She took a message. I never got a callback. When it gets warmer out and I have the time (and patience), I'll pull the plastic body so I can get at the wiring easier. It's a freaking nightmare trying to get in there on a tiny quad. BTW, I had to throw the battery charger on it today because it was 18degF out, but it fired right up and ran excellent. Had the boys out in the yard on it, but it doesn't go too well in 4-6" of snow. Not well at all with the 4" of ground clearance it has. In short, I don't think I'd recommend BudgetATVs to anyone at this point.

Joel

Old 01-21-2010, 07:54 PM   #45

A little help on the lights. You should be able to see what wire color you have at the lights, one will be the ground, trace it to be sure it is grounded or meter it to be sure the ground leaving the light is grounded to the frame.

The other wire at the lights should be traced back to the positive side of the battery but it will go through the switch. If all is good, then jumper the switch or ohm it out to make sure the switch is closing. It might not hurt to be sure that the lights are good.

Good luck with it.