Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2017, 01:25 PM   #1

TXPOWERSPORTS - Negative

Ordered my Magician from TXPOWERSPORT about 3 weeks ago, Delivery was fine. Once i received it the bike would not start. Narrowed it down to a faulty Carb and called them to troubleshoot. After 3 calls of arguing they agreed it was a carb and said they would send out a new one. The new one arrived and it was a completely different carb. Instead of having a switch for the choke with 3 setting there was a spot for a cable to be placed to control the choke. I ended up ordering a Mikuni VM26 and new jets. installed it and she fired right up. Now That the bike it running i see that the speedometer is not working. verified it it installed but no readings on the guage. Again emailed TX and all i get is 1 line replies . Told to send them the complete parts i need replaced so they can warranty it with RPS and i need to send them the VIN # . So much for customer service, I reached out to RPS directly to see if they can help since TXPOWERSPORTS doesn't.

Old 09-11-2017, 03:19 PM   #2

Good Luck getting anything out of TXPowerports. I ordered my Hawk through them and had much the same customer service issue. They wouldn't work with me on the paperwork, and they wanted to pass the buck to RPS. I reached out to RPS directly and never got a response. Pretty much the same MO, though: Shipping was good, customer service was terrible. Let us know how it plays out for you.

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 09-11-2017, 05:01 PM   #3

Im not holding my breath. They want to charge me $45 dollars for the speedo sensor on a bike 3 weeks old. Hoping to hear from RPS and see what they can do for me.

Old 09-13-2017, 01:28 PM   #4

Yes,,,, on the net they are listed with lots of "how wonderfull" but far far from it.
I purchased a few atv's and DEFINATELY buyer beware with TXPOWER sports..

Old 09-24-2017, 08:24 PM   #5

Any updates?

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

The Stable:
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 09-27-2017, 04:44 PM   #6

They have stopped responding to me. I reached out to RPS direct so hopefully we will get some info. I have also yet to get my title in the mail.

Old 09-27-2017, 06:09 PM   #7

If you paid with a credit card, it may be time to pick up the phone and reverse the charges. I paid for my Hawk with an American Express for exactly this type of circumstance. I was afraid I would be in the boat you were in and AmEx has the best customer service for clawing money back on the planet. Please keep us posted on what you decide to do. Good Luck!

The Stable:
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 09-27-2017, 09:17 PM   #8

I paid via PayPal. I guess I may need to see about that.

Old 09-28-2017, 04:46 AM   #9

It might be worth looking into for you. I know that there is a time limit for getting the process started, so even if you just make the phone call now, at least they have a record of it. I just hate seeing people get treated poorly after spending money with a company in good faith. Please keep us posted on what you decide to do so that other people in the same boat can look up some options. I'm crossing my fingers for you that it all works out in the end.

The Stable:
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 09-29-2017, 10:04 AM   #10

Unless you made the purchase with a Paypal credit account, their buyer protection policy does not cover vehicle purchases. It is listed on their buyer protection page under exceptions. https://www.paypal.com/de/webapps/mp...locale.x=en_DE

I would still give them a call and see if there is anything you can do. You never know until you ask.

That said, if you aren't willing to buy the speed sensor (assuming this is the issue and it isn't the gauge cluster) then I would look into working with mjstef to see if the Tach cluster used on the Hawks may be able to be adapted to your bike. It is an awesome upgrade for the Hawks, and if the speedo drive on the wheel and cluster mounting pattern are the same, it can be made to work.

All he needs is a Magician owner to help him figure these details out.

At the very least, if you can confirm that the speedo drive on the wheel is the same as a Hawk, I can almost promise you there is a Hawk owner that did the cluster upgrade has their stock drive unit sitting around in a box somewhere that would be happy to just send it to you for shipping.

Seeing how inaccurate and cheap these stock speedos tend to be, I would heavily consider the tach cluster. I know it is frustrating to have to spend more money, but realistically that is somewhat of a given with these bikes.

Old 09-29-2017, 11:29 AM   #11

Tail Tech Vapor instrument clusters work great too...

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 09-29-2017, 03:00 PM   #12

ive spoken to RPS and sending them the vin and photos of what i need, ill see how that goes . Other than the speedometer not working and the original carb issue i have no other complaints other than the lack of professionalism on TXpowersports side

Old 09-29-2017, 11:34 PM   #13

I have the factory speedo drive gear in a box. It's buried on the Uhaul right now, so you'll have to wait until next week when I unpack in Phoenix, but I have one. I'd be happy to send it out if you determine that's what you need. I would say step one would be to disconnect the speedometer drive cable at both ends and give it a turn. Make sure that the cable is intact and turns properly. Then move down from there and take the front tire off to check the drive assembly. Finally, if all is well so far, check the speedometer itself. Not 100% sure if there's really anything to check there, but you might luck out. Come to think of it, I have the entire factory speedometer assembly, complete with cable and drive sitting in the box on the uhaul. If you can wait until I get to Phoenix, and the Hawk and Magician parts are compatible, I'd be happy to send everything your way. PM me if you need anything.

The Stable:
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up