Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2020, 04:46 PM   #1

Head Scratching Apollo db-36 250cc throttle cable help !

I’ve had the Apollo for 3 months now and it’s been nothing but great, dumped it doing about 55 over some whoops and smashed the bars, ripped out ignition along with the on/off/electric start switch and bent both rims lol. Got everything replaced and squared up on my own and just recently the throttle cable snapped on me in the trails. Just got a new cable in and put it in but now the throttle only has limited movement and upon start up of the bike it redlines with the choke on/half on. The cable I got is a t4-39.5. Is that not long enough ? I’ve taken it apart and put it back on 4 times figuring I missed something. The carburetor slide is in the correct slot, no debris in the throttle cable housing and the slide moves freely within the carb. I used dry graphite on the throttle cable housing end. The only thing I can think of is the cable not being long enough causing not enough play to be able to be released all the way. Also with the carb slide out the spring is bent at about a 30 degree angle should it be straight ? Can anybody point me in the direction of what I’m doing wrong or the correct cable length ? I measured the outer sleeve and ordered what I thought was the right one, thanks

Old 05-23-2020, 04:50 PM   #2

Throttle cable is routed correctly not pinched and fully adjusted to max length

Tags
apollo 250 rx, carburetor, pz30, throttle cable