Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2015, 06:55 PM   #1

Chain type

Hey people! I have been trying to figure out for a long time on what exact chain goes on my Logan 150gy-3a enduro. I have to buy one before I can take it in and have it put on. Anyone know or a link to buy it on eBay?

Old 06-17-2015, 08:39 PM   #2

Probably you need a 428 chain but my smaller 49cc bike uses a 420 chain. The information is stamped on my rear sprocket. Check your sprocket. You then simply count the number of links in your chain to make sure you get a chain long enough.

/

Old 06-18-2015, 01:54 AM   #3

X2 on it likely being a 428. You can measure the links and Google 428 chain dimensions to confirm.

You don't want to install the chain yourself?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-19-2015, 01:26 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
X2 on it likely being a 428. You can measure the links and Google 428 chain dimensions to confirm.

You don't want to install the chain yourself?
Do t I need a special tool for that? I am not sure how to do chains on motorcycles.

Old 06-19-2015, 03:00 PM   #5

I just cut my new chain to fit and installed it. Very easy. Lots of YouTube videos. I used a Dremel to grind down the link pin and then punched it out with, well, a punch. LOL

I did come very close to making a mistake. I almost went one link too short. Don't do this! Remember you have some adjustment at your rear wheel chain tensioner so be aware of the wheel position with the tensioners.

/

Old 06-20-2015, 12:08 PM   #6

Agreed, Youtube is your friend.

When you install a master link, it should be on the outside of the chain where you can see it, no the inside. Also, the master link clip is a horseshoe shape, and the closed end faces the direction of travel, not the open end.

This is a good tool for removing excess links: http://www.harborfreight.com/heavy-d...ker-66488.html

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-20-2015, 12:25 PM   #7

The Harbor Freight Heavy Duty Chain Breaker is an excellent tool. I own one, and love it.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894