Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2019, 12:25 PM   #1

Bashan Storm Gear Indicator & Speedo - Samdo

I am currently in the process of installing this Samdo Digital Gauge. The gauge has a wire harness to show the current gear the bike is in but the stock one does not. That is one thing I really don't like about the Storm. Does anyone know if the sensors exist on the Storm and if it's possible to use that functionality on the gauge? Also, what are the options for installing the speedo? I saw someone mentioned, on another thread, using the stock speedo sensor with the digital one somehow. Thank you for any help anybody can give me with this.

Does anybody know if the CSC gauge here works on other China Bikes, particularly the Storm.

I intend on creating a big thread with all of the things I have learned researching the Storm vs Hawk before buying and all of the things I have learned since I have had it.

Last edited by CaesarVis; 04-08-2019 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Add another question

Old 04-08-2019, 09:40 PM   #2

It has been done before - I am working on a couple of Hawk/TT/ and those bike speedos and will be able to dial in accurate speed etc.

The speedo you bought a guy has youtube videos and has threads on china rider somewhere.

I think this speedo confuses most people hence they opt for the easier to instal but more expensive direct fit version.

Old 04-09-2019, 02:27 AM   #3

I watched those. But I can tell you no way in hell I could wire it up just by his vids. He skips alot of the process but the vids are informative. I think you wont have a fuel Gage as well with that one. Good luck!!
why they dont use these display in the first place is beyond me. I dont know if it is chinese doing stupid stuff are a dumb American distributors not ordering the right specs. You think that some one would order in one of these bikes with the same specs as all the mods we have to do to it. Well except for carb and exhaust and that is a epa reg issue but all the other stuff could be spec out. Probably not more than a few dollars difference in the actual parts.

Tags
gauge, gear, samdo, speedometer, storm