Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2024, 11:49 AM   #1

Question Help!!! Hawk250 clutch issues

Like the title says , my clutch has literally no resistance when I push the arm on the bottom end . It all started when I took off and pulled the clutch while I was turning around my house and all of a sudden the cable end snapped. So I bought a new cable and still no clutch /no resistance (or pull ) at all . I was thinking of just buying a whole new clutch, but it has never given me any issues before other than needing to be constantly adjusted or it would want to go while pulled in first gear . Any ideas ? I just wonder why it's not engaging . Thanks for any help

Old 03-16-2024, 04:31 PM   #2

I take it you mean disengaging the clutch is the problem? Awhile back we had this conversation and it turned out I believe the new clutch cable was not adjusted correctly. The clutch arm lever isn’t going to move or disengage with your finger pressure after the free play. Adjust the cable correctly and I think your problem will be solved. I believe the constant adjustments were do to your cable coming apart. My thoughts….

Old 03-16-2024, 06:01 PM   #3

Engage the clutch (pull the lever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVERKILL650L View Post

Any ideas ? I just wonder why it's not engaging . Thanks for any help
Lets start with a simple question here: By "not engaging", I suspect that you mean the clutch doesn't connect the engine to the transmission when you let the clutch lever out (disengage the clutch), right? In other words, it is in gear, but goes nowhere when you release the cluth lever???

No vehicle will move with the clutch engaged. The purpose of pulling the/pushing the cluth is to engage the clutch, which allows you to shift. This is a common misperception and seemingly counterintuitive language, but we have to speak the same language.

Interpreting your issue depends on this possible misunderstanding

Tags
clutch issues, hawk 250, help!, no clutch, no tension