Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-31-2016, 12:46 PM   #1

Maxfine MXF 150-4N parts help

Hello everyone.
First let me apologize that my first post to this group is a plea for knowledge.
Please believe me that had I not hit what I consider a point of research diminishing returns I would keep trying to find the answer my self as I did with the little Roketta 4 wheeler I picked up last year. This honestly seems like the best place to ask since many of the bread crumbs I have some across I have found on these forums.

I acquired a 2004 Maxfine MXF 150-4N after it was abandoned at some property that a friend of mine manages. I have already filed for and been granted a new title so that is not a problem. Now that I have a title I want to begin fixing it. I believe that the engine sounds sound and I believe that with some maintenance and repair it will run.

First I will start with telling you what I know and what I have found.
1) Its a 2004 QIAN Maxfine MXF 150-4N

2) It uses a 162fmj engine.

3) I have found several threads in these forums meantioning this bike but many of them are purchase questions so while providing helpful tidbits I am just not finding enough to get what I need.

4) My bike looks very much like the one in this thread

5) I also found this thread which would be really helpful since one of the resources is located in the same city I live...unfortunately it looks like its no longer a functional business.
My bike looks exactly like the one on their about page.

6) It shares designs with the Honda CG150.

I think that is about all the helpful information I have found that I am quite sure is accurate. I have other bits and pieces but I have not been able to verify the accuracy so I will not post it.

Here is what my question is.....how do I find parts for this bike?
Its looks like the Maxfine bike came and went and there dont seem to be many of them. With the 4 wheeler I picked up even though I was unable to find much for the Roketta I was able to find the same ATV in a TAO TAO model and locate parts.
Does anyone know what brands/models are the same as this bike?
Can some one point me to where I can get parts for this bike?
I seem to keep hitting dead ends.
I need for sure
1) A new Carb to inlet intake manifold
2) New Front brake master cylinder and hose. If I am going that far I would prob be better just replacing the whole assembly including the caliper.
3) A new gas Cap. I didn't have the keys so I had to disassemble the ignition and remove the pins, but the gas cap was ruined more or less when I had to drill that cylinder.
There are many other parts I know I will need but these are the ones that I discovered in the brief run through I gave it and that I feel I need to test if its worth putting more into.

Thanks in advance for any information that can be provided.