Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2009, 09:12 PM   #1

plate for my beast

I have been refused registration on my beast. I downloaded the forms from Gio and was told they were not acceptable as they are copies. Originals only required!! Has anyone been successful getting a plate for a Gio ATV? If so, whats the trick....waynec

Old 11-12-2009, 09:30 PM   #2

Re: plate for my beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynec
I have been refused registration on my beast. I downloaded the forms from Gio and was told they were not acceptable as they are copies. Originals only required!! Has anyone been successful getting a plate for a Gio ATV? If so, whats the trick....waynec
I know they are supposed to be registered when you go off private property, but i wonder if those gio forms would satisfy 5.0?

I might say something like this to the licensing office

" Ok, thank you for your time....OH, by the way, I need your refusual to register this vehicle in writing please..why you ask?.. Well, I need to show the police something when I get stopped......Oh, you dont do that? Really?... Ok, I guess I just need your name then to reference when I write to (insert top oficial here) and get clarification on this matter."
I would be polite and smiling at ALL times.

Old 11-12-2009, 09:58 PM   #3

Hmmm, I haven't tried it yet, but I assumed that funny looking sheet of paper with the manufactures name and serial number of the atv that came with the quad was the paperwork needed... Looks like some kind of bill of sale?

Not sure though, I didn't look at it closely, I just assumed that it was for registration purposes...

Old 11-12-2009, 10:12 PM   #4

I forgot all about that little square of paper with that oddball pattern on it.
Good catch.

Old 11-12-2009, 10:42 PM   #5

Plus I'm hoping the police and the bylaw officer don't catch me... Lol! Though the fine would be waaaaaay more than I paid for the quad!

Old 11-12-2009, 10:53 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCD
I forgot all about that little square of paper with that oddball pattern on it.
Good catch.
Yeah, i brought that and all the paper work i could get from the gio site on my T1 and my beast and the mto shut both down and said they couldn't register them. 99% of my riding will be done on private property though so i'm not too worried, the only part that really sucked was i couldn't get insurance on them without a registration. I might have to slip to a mto in a small town and see if i can get them done. No luck here in london.

Old 11-12-2009, 10:57 PM   #7

Please keep us posted on this, I was going to try to register mine and my sons but now wonder if I even could? There is a registration problems thread on the main forums but I don't know if it had anything on the GIO bikes, I just kind of quickly glanced at it. Might be worth a look if you haven't checked it out already.

Old 11-12-2009, 11:17 PM   #8

This is strange. I have seen some Gio pictures, I think it was his website somwhere, showing Gio quads with Alberta license plates.. so someone got it done.

Perhaps this is something to email Gio directly about if there are problems in that regard.

Old 11-13-2009, 09:43 AM   #9

I can't bear the thought of taking this to John. Not on the heels of this shock nonsense. This should be an issue of importance for him with the new laws in Ontario. Its a $200. fine and most of my trails require a 2k run down a side road. No plate is a deal breaker for me.

I am also surprised by the lack of comment on his post. I suspect they have been taken to pm's. Pretty ballsy to post something so provocative. Its clear he feels considerable contempt for his customers that expect him to deliver what he advertises. ....waynec

Old 11-13-2009, 12:46 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynec
I can't bear the thought of taking this to John. Not on the heels of this shock nonsense. This should be an issue of importance for him with the new laws in Ontario. Its a $200. fine and most of my trails require a 2k run down a side road. No plate is a deal breaker for me.

I am also surprised by the lack of comment on his post. I suspect they have been taken to pm's. Pretty ballsy to post something so provocative. Its clear he feels considerable contempt for his customers that expect him to deliver what he advertises. ....waynec
5 to 10 you would end up getting so frustrated that it wouldnt be worth it.

As for his post...there is nothing to gain by going postal on him. His post spoke volumes as it is.....

Old 11-13-2009, 01:35 PM   #11

What POST are you guys talking about?, i guess i haven't seen it.

Old 11-13-2009, 01:42 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynev
What POST are you guys talking about?, i guess i haven't seen it.
Just do a global search on members.... Giobikes..he only has like 9 posts and to be honest, I dont remember where the heck it is anymore. One of the shock threads I think.

Old 11-13-2009, 02:04 PM   #13

Oh......that one, i thought you meant there was one reguarding getting these quads registered.

Old 11-13-2009, 05:35 PM   #14

So I can now drive my beast sporting my new plate. I first went to my insurer to get any insight they may have on my problem with MOT. They seemed perplexed that I would be hassled trying to pay both my plate fee and the PST. How weird to have to struggle to give coin to the Gov't. So went to another license bureau and the clerk right away asked for my nivviss (NVIS) like she did a few dozen a day. The other place claimed to have never seen that form before.

The only real snag was that the vin number was not in the registry like it should be. She fudged it a little to get me on my way but I am curious as to why. A few short cuts when imported perhaps? So $75. registration & pst and $261 for insurance. Done. waynec

Old 11-13-2009, 06:28 PM   #15

What's a NVIS?