Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Reviews
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2019, 02:04 AM   #1

Boom Vader 125cc Gen 1 from KronikRacing.com

I ordered my Boom Vader Gen 1 125cc "Cali Edition" bike from Pete at KronikRacing.com after looking at dozens of sites with the exact same or very similar bikes for sale. WHy did i choose to go with Kronikracing.com ? For me it came down to several criteria including price, time, reputation plus my personal experience with the seller.
#1 price--Kronik is among the very lowest for that exact incarnation of the Vader at $1200 including shipping anywhere to the 48 USA states and D.C. plus available shipping elsewhere in North America, probably Puerto Rico also for extra.
#2 time-- I was quoted and am on track to recieve my bike clear across the USA fro Cali to Connecticut shoreline in just 5 business days AFTER the payment is processed--I used a local small bank's debit card which did take a couple days plus I didn't order until halfway thru business on Fri--I am sure if I had wired the money or done some kind of instant money order it would have processed my payment and gotten me the bike up to a couple days sooner but i preferred the security of a card just in case because I had never dealt with Kronik before although that makes me think of --
#3 Reputation--KronikRacing.com might be smaller than say SaferWHolesale.com BUT KronikRacing.com has nothing but good reviews on Google plus I have only heard good word of mouth/typed hype saying they are good--AND Kronik is good! Kronik actually does know a lot about the Grom Clones and Pit Bikes plus the performance aspect because they have gone to many many races in SoCal and they sell and install all sorts of engine upgrades, engine swap options for all the bikes they sell. That is very good news to me that they have only a good reputation, that they are somehwhat smaller so they have the time to help me with whatever I need and they specialize in the bikes they sell instead of having dozens of other products and some sites even sell appliances and whatever so half their sales men at the big sites have no idea what they are even selling you wheras Pete at KronikRacing.com i can confidently say Pete can tell you all the specs, how to set up the bike, what to reccomend you for upgrades on carbs, intakes, even complete new larger engines--Pete without a doubt knows his stuff with these bikes--which brings me to--
#4 My personal experince so far has lived up to the great reputation I have heard about KronikRacing.com and Pete. I have NOT recieved the Vader yet but everything, all the questions answered and customer service, shiping tracking and ship times have all been aces from Pete and KronikRacing.com. I plan on making updates to this post, POSSIBLY even an unboxing of my Vader when I get it to tell everyone if my experience with Kronik continues to be great from start to end.
So far I have nothing but good things to say about Kronik, i would reccomend them over anyone else so far because they are so helpful and the price is almost the best, honestly I did find exactly 1 seller undercutting all the other cheapest sellers by about $30-$40 for the Gen 1 and 2 Vaders on one of the huge retail sites but that seller has still not answered a question I asked over a week ago so that's why i went with Kronik instead plus I am confident kronik knows what they are talking about to a very high degree in addition to answering questions I have had on multiple different occasions so far.

. Thank you Kronik!!

I can hardly wait to get my bike and update the post!

Post where you got yours and your costs and experiences and warnings or reccomendations here or on another thread if you want to share! i feel like it is very important to share our experiences to direct people to good sellers like Kronik or warn our fellow buyers away from other sites that people have had bad experiences at so that we can all get the best service possible

"Life's too short not to enjoy it-So's my China Bike!"-Me

Old 04-16-2019, 09:58 AM   #2

Interesting. It appears they specialize in everything small from what I see on their website. I got excited when I saw "SSR OEM Parts" but alas, nothing for the XF250 or the larger stock.
Keep us posted on the rest of your experience with them.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 04-16-2019, 10:17 AM   #3

can't wait to see some pics when u get it

Old 04-17-2019, 02:23 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrfxr67 View Post

I just got it!!! haha exciting. Even the delivery driver stuck around for awhile cuz he was interested! I would have recieved it a couple days ago but somehow the local shipping comapny had an old Cellphone number of mine, not sure how they got my old number--maybe from social media or my yahoo profile or maybe amazon or ebay or previous business I had done with them in unrelated orders...Anyways no worries for me and just a heads up if you want your bike the fastest way possible then ask Kronik or whomever you order from for tracking number and they will give the tracking/pronumber and company it is shipping thru--then you should call the shipping company immediately to schedule a delivery appointment! Overall delivery was still quick and within the window of a few days promised, just eneded up towards the end of the window.

Initial looks after removing the cardboard looks like the box and one piece of metal shipping frame were hit..BUT bike looks mint!!! I will go back outside now to take more pics which I will poast later AND of course try to get the bike put together and garaged before dark. Maybe even get some oil and gas and start it up tonite!!

Also Kronik shipped the MCO or MSO whatever you call it in with the bike which you need to register it and is awesome! I have heard some bad stories of other companies charging extra or being lazy and taking a long time to ship the documents seperately!!

Thank you Kronik!

Old 04-17-2019, 08:48 PM   #5

Quote:
cbrfxr67 see you also have a BD125-15 and I have a question of how to do oil change?? mine is a Gen 1 if it matters and my manul talks in broken english bout doing a luboil change and cleaning the filter at same time but doesn't point out the oil drain...so I went on to Youtube and saw a Gen2 guy Y4shiroku or however you say his name and he points out a bolt right above the exhaust in the bottom front of the engine on the side your right leg would be when riding...PROBLEM is with my bike that exact same bolt won't even clear the exhaust! I can get it at least halfway out then boom it's stuck! am I supposed to drain it thru the filter or..? I would really appreciate it if someone knows!

I will be posting many pics I took but I am severely beat right now from struggling with the tire lol might need rest 1st i have funny pics of my dumb method of lifing the bike with ropes.

Old 04-17-2019, 08:57 PM   #6

TE=cbrfxr67;306110]can't wait to see some pics when u get it[/QUOTE]

Name:  IMG_0098[1].jpg
Views: 2286
Size:  97.6 KB

Name:  IMG_0154[1].jpg
Views: 2244
Size:  96.9 KB

Name:  IMG_0176[1].jpg
Views: 2285
Size:  98.2 KB

Last edited by sirmaxwell; 04-19-2019 at 06:12 AM.

Old 04-19-2019, 06:26 AM   #7

So far im very happy with my Vader from Kronik Racing

My Vader came shipped all the way from Cali to the East Coast only 2 dozen miles from the shore and only suffered a cracked front rubber blinker spacer as the sole damage so I am happy, I can tape it with electrical tape and/or use epoxy until I get the cheap flush mounts I want to put on.

I am happy with my purchase and compared to stories from other people I feel very fortunate I chose KronikRacing.com and they sent the MCO I need to get the title in the container with my Vader. Plus I know I can always call them for questions or parts and they know exactly the answer to any question for replacement or performance parts, they have always answered my email or other social media mssages quickly usually within minutes or hours on business days. And I know Im lucky mine isnt damaged but in many cases as long as the seller packed the bike properly I feel like it is more up to the shipping trucking companies as to whther or not your bike shows up damaged--one thing I can say is I have heard some bigger websites get slightly used bikes returned sometimes and then resell them as new with defects and I feel like the place I bought my bike would not send anything out with damage knowingly.
I also wonder if a lot of the Vader sellers really ever look at the bike if they aren't paid to do a PDI--it looks like mine was packed maybe how it came from the manufacturer in China and was never taken out until I got it--so if the bike shows up damaged it would be on the Asian bike maker or one of various shipping companies or even customs could damage the bike if they pull it for inspection and dont repack it for shipping properly.

Anyways I am stoked to have my Vader, my thanks and reccomendations are to Kronik Racing! I will try to post more whenever the weather here in CT warms up and stops raining! This week last year we had our last snowfall of several inches where I live but this year it didnt snow too much and melted last month early. We already had one freak 77 degree day but most days are like mid 50's a couple hours then 40's a lot of the time lately :/

Old 05-03-2019, 05:32 PM   #8

more pics??

Old 05-04-2019, 12:53 AM   #9

Quote:
more pics??
Soon for sure. I've been on vacation having a blast in Florida, although one of the few things I miss sorely from Connecticut is my motorcycle! I just got home a few minutes ago, it's after midnight here now and I'm bust today (saturday) but I will definitley be riding Sunday, maybe even ride it to church! And I will be sure to post some more pics of the Vader, I still have to put on the front wheel cover/mudguard, also the chainguard, and the under engine cowling on my Gen 1 Vader--I wanted to ride it so bad that I didn't bother with these last few body parts! I also really like how the under engine cowling looks, but I know the cowling will get dirty and probably scratched since it rains decently here in CT every few days which causes there to be dirt and tiny pebbles on the road constantly that get kicked up and are wet and stick to stuff so that is another reason I haven't put the under engine cowling on...but my engine does have a tiny bit of dirt starting to collect on it so I will be sure to add that part soon. The bike has maybe 80 miles on it so it is starting to feel like it is riding better than when I first got it by being smoother thru the power band, maybe has a little more power, shifts up and down smoother plus neutral is getting easier to find--especially when the bike is running after I come to a stop--- I am very happy with my purchase--for now--eventually I want it to have some more power but even stock it is a decent bike to learn on, it's very easy to handle and quite easy to manuever so I don't regret my choice one bit--every different bike has different characteristics and this bike is good at being a small bike with a cheap price while still having decent build quality and I think it could last a long time with the stock engine although I may rebuild it or replace it or even sell it way before I can wear it out--but only time will tell the reliability and I am ready to post honest updates about all that! A shout out and thank you once again to KronikRacing.com out of SoCal Simi Valley for hooking me up quickly with the best price on a brand new Gen 1 Vader. they are knowledgeable and the best at hooking you up with performance parts after being the best at selling you a new bike!

I also have a list of mods I'm putting together such as ordering a new carb and possibly rejetting the PZ20 that came stock before that. Going to see what I can do with the stock exhaust or order a new one and an air filter. Plus I am talking withKronik to see exactly what parts they will sell me as well as someone who sells performance parts about ordering a big bore kit from them. I am really not sure as to the timeline of all these mods since I am moving, maybe in the next few months and maybe to Florida so unfortunately the motorcycle will have to take a backseat to all that, although I still make sure to ride it almost everyday, even if I only have time late at night after taking care of business all day!

As always be safe, have fun, and ride on! Sometimes there is nothing greater than jumping on your bike, forgetting everything other than riding and controlling your motorcyle to as perfectly as you can--shifting at the right time and smooth--feeling the engine spin faster as you crack the throttle wide open or bring it up slowly, down shift, engine brake and corner like the bike is glued onto precision twisting rails, feel the freedom, the wind...
....with nowhere in particular to go I realize the ride is the destination as I explore our great nation from sea level to high elevation I feel elevated elation. It's the Great Escape from trepidation; an art form in the school of relaxation as I ride away from drowning degradation. I see another biker come my way and offer subtle salutation. I pass by a pedestrian who shows salivation at my ride & I stop and say "Riding is salvation! Buy yourself a bike and get congratulation! Pop a wheelie for a standing ovation!" The man replies " I can't afford a bike!" in frustration. I said,"GO on ChinaRiders.net for advice and they will help improve your situation!" I rode away with a grin on my face then

Last edited by sirmaxwell; 05-04-2019 at 09:14 AM.

Old 05-09-2019, 11:18 PM   #10

Sirmaxwell you could not have said it an better about KronikRacing.com.. These guys are legit, honest, and will go out of their way to help you with any questions you have about your grom clone whether you purchase yours from them or not. Not to mention, they have the best pricing in the USA as far as know. Pete is the man and I give him mad props for his customer service 100%!!

Old 05-24-2019, 08:11 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Interesting. It appears they specialize in everything small from what I see on their website. I got excited when I saw "SSR OEM Parts" but alas, nothing for the XF250 or the larger stock.
Keep us posted on the rest of your experience with them.
This is the dealership that dh bought his XF250 from several years ago. They stopped dealing with SSR due to sharp price increases and SSR seemed to be a little chaotic for a while there as it was going through an ownership change from father to son. I live 15 miles from them, but have yet to see the place in person. The information I have is from chatting with the owner on the phone a few times, lol.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 11-11-2019, 03:55 PM   #12

Send a message via Yahoo to ikeus685
I like how they added cushioning to the pallet// Love the red!

Old 10-12-2022, 10:29 AM   #13

Sirmaxwell

Are you located In Florida now? And how has the bike held up?