Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Reviews
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2021, 02:59 AM   #1

Lifan KPM 200 5k miles review *updated*

Hello new member here, bought this Lifan KPM200 little over two weeks ago from venom motorsports and in that time have racked up just shy of 1000 miles so far. This bike has honestly surpassed my expectations in terms of build quality. Only thing I've had to do in that 1000 miles is a small throttle cable adjustment from it breaking in and oil change. I have pretty high hopes for it to keep holding up well given my initial impressions but will continue to post future updates as I tend to do a fair amount of riding with it around 50 or so miles a day, and likely to be even more here soon. If any issues do arise or any milestone markers like 5k or 10k, and hopefully well beyond that too, I'll be sure to follow up on how she's doing. As well as modifications I make which so far all I have done has just been swapping out the big ugly turn signals for the Lifan oem which can be seen in the last picture. So far love the bike it's surprisingly smooth for something that's only a 200cc and has some nice get up and go been able to hit 75 at full throttle and it can cruise at 55-60 pretty effortlessly. Perfect to a fun little commuter and great on gas too

**UPDATE 8/11/21** Well the little Lifan passed 5k miles, and in that time I have gotten very antiquated with the bike and happy to report that so far everything has been smooth sailing. Have even done cross state travels with it, drive it daily about 85 miles now days, mostly city driving with some back roads here and there so it's life hasn't been to easy for the Lifan never getting a break and driving 3-5 hours a day 5 days a week. In that time all I've had to do is oil changes really. I did end up having to adjust the chain once at about 3500 miles and that's really about it. Very happy with how it's held up and glad I bought it, at this rate I'm driving now days for my job 10k won't be far away but hey at least I get paid to put the miles on may make a video on it or may hold off until it's at a higher mileage, if that would interest people let me know
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20210401_190224198.jpg (115.8 KB, 3946 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20210406_113932665.jpg (105.3 KB, 3216 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20210411_195729968_HDR.jpg (112.1 KB, 3162 views)

Last edited by Zep; 08-11-2021 at 07:53 PM.

Old 04-12-2021, 08:28 AM   #2

Beautiful Bike! I always liked the KPM200.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 04-20-2021, 11:53 AM   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to ikeus685
If you do any off road travelling with this bike.. Please post it.. Seriously looking at the XPect and will most likely purchase one next month unless I can get monthly payments for a Japanese300 or 400 or a Himalayan down to what I'd pay per month for the XPect.

Old 04-22-2021, 05:53 PM   #4

how did you manage to take off the headlight assembly to swap out the turn signals? I know you have to remove the two side push pins and the screw at the bottom. Did you do anything more?

Old 05-06-2021, 04:54 AM   #5

If your doing off roading I would probably recommend the XPect over this KPMaster, the XPect will have softer and longer travel suspension, off road tires, and lower gearing. However I have no doubt with the right tires the KPM would make a fun off road machine the ride might be a little harsh in comparison though on big bumps. However for on road travels the KPM has been a absolute joy to drive!

Old 05-06-2021, 04:58 AM   #6

And the headlight assembly is taken off pretty easy, five screws total if I remember correctly: one on bottom under the headlight, two on the top back, then pop off the plastic covers under the turn signals and unscrew those bolts too, then you just pull it towards the front of the bike and it slides right off with giving you access to the headlight, turn signals, and some of the wiring harness

Old 05-15-2021, 11:45 PM   #7

Beautiful bike! How's the seat? Looks like it might be hard.

2016 CSC TT250

Old 05-16-2021, 10:11 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjester View Post
Beautiful bike! How's the seat? Looks like it might be hard.
Not bad, not hard but not as padded as I would like either just kind of in between. I ride it for about 4 hours a day and while driving it never really gets to a point where I have to re adjust or start thinking 'this seat isn't comfortable' but if you ride for several hours and get off you will feel it a bit

Old 05-17-2021, 12:15 AM   #9

Glad you're enjoying the bike. I'm a bit over 3k miles on mine. Think it's time I check my valves. Lol. How often are you checking your chain? Keep an eye on it. When it's slack, you'll probably notice something that feels liked it's slipping out of gear. It'll hold up just fine, until you come into a turn at a spirited pace. Lol. Then it'll kick it. It's easy to get back on, though. I've never sat for more than 5 minutes.

Also, if you haven't yet, put some neversieze on the threads for the mirror bolt. And around the bolt head also. My bike spent about a month exposed to the elements over the winter at the ex wife's house. The mirrors are now one with the bolts, and I made the mistake of installing the mirrors all jacked up. My left mirror is useless unless I'm in full tuck. Lol.

How do you feel about the throttle twist? Does it seem a bit long to you?

Old 05-17-2021, 02:05 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkon45 View Post
Glad you're enjoying the bike. I'm a bit over 3k miles on mine. Think it's time I check my valves. Lol. How often are you checking your chain? Keep an eye on it. When it's slack, you'll probably notice something that feels liked it's slipping out of gear. It'll hold up just fine, until you come into a turn at a spirited pace. Lol. Then it'll kick it. It's easy to get back on, though. I've never sat for more than 5 minutes.

Also, if you haven't yet, put some neversieze on the threads for the mirror bolt. And around the bolt head also. My bike spent about a month exposed to the elements over the winter at the ex wife's house. The mirrors are now one with the bolts, and I made the mistake of installing the mirrors all jacked up. My left mirror is useless unless I'm in full tuck. Lol.

How do you feel about the throttle twist? Does it seem a bit long to you?

I haven't ever adjusted my chain since I got it (or my valves for that matter even though I should have according to the manual service schedule) but I'm currently at about 2100 miles, in that time the chain has stretched out a bit but nothing major luckily haven't ever experienced it feeling like it's slipping and it's never kicked it off but I'll keep an eye on it. As for the mirrors actually just checked after you said that luckily looks like both my bolts are easily removable, I do park my bike inside a garage every night though so it rarely sees any weather and is never parked outside in it which probably helps haha but anti seize wouldn't hurt I will put some on this weekend. And the throttle twist feels normal to me, reminds me a lot of my friends Honda CB300 in terms of how it feels and how far you have to twist it so it's always felt normal to me. At about 800 miles though it did have some play in it but quick couple second adjustment of the throttle cable it's been as it should be and haven't had to adjust it again

Old 05-17-2021, 08:00 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zep View Post
I haven't ever adjusted my chain since I got it (or my valves for that matter even though I should have according to the manual service schedule) but I'm currently at about 2100 miles, in that time the chain has stretched out a bit but nothing major luckily haven't ever experienced it feeling like it's slipping and it's never kicked it off but I'll keep an eye on it. As for the mirrors actually just checked after you said that luckily looks like both my bolts are easily removable, I do park my bike inside a garage every night though so it rarely sees any weather and is never parked outside in it which probably helps haha but anti seize wouldn't hurt I will put some on this weekend. And the throttle twist feels normal to me, reminds me a lot of my friends Honda CB300 in terms of how it feels and how far you have to twist it so it's always felt normal to me. At about 800 miles though it did have some play in it but quick couple second adjustment of the throttle cable it's been as it should be and haven't had to adjust it again
Awesome! Yeah, my bike spent a lot of time in the elements during that time, and it's under a cover outside on a normal basis. Just so you know, condensation will build up inside the gauge cluster, if left out in the weather for long periods. lol. My horn is also intermittently working. Another side effect of being left out in the weather.

Old 09-10-2022, 07:52 PM   #12

Where were the photos taken, please?

Tags
kpm, kpm200, lifan