Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Free Classifieds > Complete Machines
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2011, 10:53 AM   #1

unfinished project - 1990 ZX6

No clue if anone would be interested in this but I'll throw it up as there are a few people from BC lurking around

Bought the bike a while back with a little over 40,000k's on it, it ran but quite poorly and all of the plastics were pretty much trashed.
I tore the bike down, had the frame/forks looked at to ensure they are straight and everything checked out.
Put some new plugs, new air filter, re-routed the cooling system, made a mount for the headlight and gages etc, made a tray to mount all of the electronics to under the seat.
I have a new -1 + 2 520 conversion kit for it that I will throw in, have a complete set of lights and turnsignals etc.
Tires and brakes etc all appear to be in good serviceable condition.

Somehow when I was moving the wires around etc I must have yanked somthing cuz I tried hooking up a battery and I cant get juice to anything {Sigh}
Did all work and turned over before I started buggering with it.

Never registered it as it wasn't roadworthy but I have papers and it has a clear tile.

old pics

Newer crappy cell pics

Just dont have the time to play with it due to my uber hectic schedule. Would really like to trade for an 86+ XR200 so I can swap the engine into my saga or $550 obo

Old 03-24-2011, 11:38 AM   #2

Knowing your engineering skills, that's a bargain, especially since it includes the title.

Not much of a sport bike guy, but that's pretty cool.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-24-2011, 11:51 AM   #3

Thanks mate, I know if I had the time I could part it out and EBay the stuff for 3 times that. :roll:

Old 04-09-2011, 01:25 AM   #4

if i lived around you i would be all over that bike