Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2017, 09:40 PM   #1

If your Vader ignition button doesn't work - check this!

So I was strapping in all the hoses and loose wires on my bike and when I went to start it after everything was closed up, I noticed my electric start would not do anything. No sound, no turning over, nothing. The display was on and I could see I had juice, but nothing from starter.

I took the side panel off and verified everything. It turns out, it was this connector that I had loosened somehow. I ended up zip tying it so that it will not separate inadvertently.

Last edited by prismways; 04-24-2017 at 10:28 AM.

Old 06-20-2017, 10:57 PM   #2

So I had been having intermittent starting issues with the Vader. Sometimes it would start and other times it would not. And finally, it was totally dead. No click, nothing.

I checked the connector that I posted in the earlier picture and it was fine. I thought it could be the starter relay so I ordered one off of Amazon. They're only $7. I took off my side panel to test my current relay and saw that this connector had disconnected to the relay.

Why the heck would you have 2 connectors to the low voltage connector of the relay???

I reconnected it and it started up just fine. Now I got a back up relay if mine ever really does die, which I think is totally possible. I zip tied this connector just like the other one and I highly recommend everybody do the same!

btw, I found out it is super easy to jump start the bike by engaging the clutch, putting it in first gear and pushing the bike a little and then popping the clutch to start it and then quickly engaging the clutch again to keep it running.