Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2022, 09:01 AM   #16

The only draw back on the KPX is that it doesn't need any real mods to make it run right. Kind of takes all the fun out of owning a china bike. lol
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 09-28-2022, 09:27 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
The only draw back on the KPX is that it doesn't need any real mods to make it run right. Kind of takes all the fun out of owning a china bike. lol
did you have to do all the initial setup tuning? like greasing things, bolts, valve adj, etc? did you replace the chain or just running what came on it? I know both of the bikes would want a sprocket change, at least in the rear?

As for blaming you, that won't work. You're too far away for a bullet to reach and she'd ultimately just turn her attention back to me.

Old 09-28-2022, 10:16 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
did you have to do all the initial setup tuning? like greasing things, bolts, valve adj, etc? did you replace the chain or just running what came on it? I know both of the bikes would want a sprocket change, at least in the rear?

As for blaming you, that won't work. You're too far away for a bullet to reach and she'd ultimately just turn her attention back to me.
Grease? I actually had to wipe grease off because there was excessive grease. lol No tuning needed, I just replaced the oil and out fresh 10w40 Valvoline motorcycle oil. Bolts looked like most of them had blue loctite already on them. I did go over most of them to make sure they were tight. I didn't adjust the valves as it ran to good. I will adjust them when i do the oil change which will be soon. I lubed up the stock chain which looked like is was already greased. I also cleaned up the rotors with brake cleaner. Brakes are way better than the hawk. good stopping power. I'm running stock sprockets. I'll be using it mostly for off-road but with the speed it is geared high enough if you plan on running 60-65 mph. Dropping 3 teeth on the rear would put it in the sweet spot for mostly highway.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 09-28-2022, 10:27 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
that's why I got the TBR7, lots of things for me to mess with on it
4 degree advance key
290 degree cam
Nibbi PE30 and cone filter

Front fork brace

Old 09-28-2022, 11:12 AM   #20

Link to a freshly assembled 2022-1/2 Templar X

https://www.chinariders.net/showpost...&postcount=705

It is an enduro. I have made my 5 speed Templar X the off-road bike by putting the 49 tooth sprocket back on (swapped the entire wheel and chain from the new 6 speed). In the process, the new 6 speed got the 39tooth rear sprocket (and new o-ring chain). That, plus the 6 speed transmission will drop the revs for more sedate highway use.

So this new blue 2022-1/2 6 speed Temp X will be morphed into an adventure tourer, with luggage capacity. Those big adventure touring bikes like the Tenere (probably the smallest, most sensible one in the bunch!!) are just too big and cumbersome for anything more slippery than a graded logging road. I would hate to have to upright it from a spill
The Temp X is less than 270lbs wet, before luggage! And it has plenty of suspension to handle the luggage. It has a reserve position to help prevent running out of gas (a separate tube from each lobe can be selected at the petcock). Range is probably 175 miles, and I can carry a small bottle of extra gas to extend that in a pinch.

I will eventually replace the full on knobby on the 6 speed to a Tusk DSport, which it turns out is much smoother due to closer (and much bigger!) blocks and a flattened center. I have one on my Bashan Storm, and it is not only much smoother on the road, but amazing in the loose dirt, rock trails. The thing really bites in better than standard knobbies that come on these bikes.

I am going to look into shorter, or longer rear suspension dogleg links to drop the bike about an inch and a half. I can clamp the fork tubes up by an half inch or so. I might go with a Kenda K270 on the front. That is a compromise for adventure touring, running errands, and the occasional commute

Old 09-28-2022, 11:41 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
The suicide-by-wife is a factor too. She'd probably shoot me less times over 2 grand than over 3 grand. That might be a change to live through it.
Good plan. You can recover if she just wounds you.
1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself

Old 09-28-2022, 04:41 PM   #22

Old 09-29-2022, 02:45 PM   #23

Oh, "we" use this type of steel, do we? "We" powdercoat it and "we" do the wiring? My ass. I like how Orion is still steadfastly trying to pretend that they've done more than take an off the shelf Nicot motorcycle and put their name on it.

I'll tell you what's not machine welded: One of the mounting tabs for my battery holder already snapped off right at the weld. Whoever did that one up almost completely missed the metal, leaving a line of welding bead that barely touched the actual piece of metal they were trying to attach to the frame. That special automotive grade steel didn't prevent the threads from ripping right out of my seat mount bolt holes, either, nor did that machine welding ensure that the screw holes were actually lined up.

Don't be taken in by Orion's bullshit. The RXB is an okay Chinese bike but it's not close to anything special.