Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2019, 08:35 PM   #1

Lifan X-Pect 200 now available

American Lifan just posted on their Facebook page that the X-Pect 200 is now available. I hope that someone gets one and gives us a full rundown, but even more so if that someone is ME! This will be me in a month or so...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg X-PECT.jpg (98.7 KB, 1270 views)

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 05-30-2019, 08:56 PM   #2

It would be sweet if you did!

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 05-30-2019, 09:22 PM   #3

I wss kind of hoping they would have used the liquid cooled 6spd motor from the KPR, but I am assuming they were aiming for a price point. The rear drum is mildly disappointing as is the square tube steel swing arm. If I had to chose between the new DLX Hawk and this though, I would take this just for the Lifan quality. Definitely makes a good alternative to the TT250 for roughly the same price.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 05-30-2019, 10:07 PM   #4

I was told that was the case--the liquid-cooled/FI engine, when I called Lifan months ago and happened to speak with Tony Sun, the president of American Lifan, on a random call. Or at least what I am quite sure he told me. I know it is a little primitive with its rear brake and swingarm, but I like the simplicity and back to basics of the bike. With an established Lifan network south of the border, I can envision taking this on a low-budget adventure to points south with some confidence; at least to the end of Baja and back.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 05-31-2019, 12:54 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
I was told that was the case--the liquid-cooled/FI engine, when I called Lifan months ago and happened to speak with Tony Sun, the president of American Lifan, on a random call. Or at least what I am quite sure he told me. I know it is a little primitive with its rear brake and swingarm, but I like the simplicity and back to basics of the bike. With an established Lifan network south of the border, I can envision taking this on a low-budget adventure to points south with some confidence; at least to the end of Baja and back.
Lifan is slowly gaining ground, they used to sell car under other brands. Now they sell it using their brand. Same goes for my motorcycle, made by them but sold under other brand.
I hope they keep going

Old 05-31-2019, 01:02 AM   #6

those forks do look small...

77 Montesa Cota 348 MRR "Malcom Rathnell Replica"...

Current resto projects..
81 Honda CT110...
80 Kawasaki KL250A1...

11 Husaburg TE125 enduro... "sold" along with another 31...
Lifan 125 Pitbike.. "stolen" ...

KIWI BIKER FORUM...... http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/content.php

All the best offroad rides in NZ...
http://www.remotemoto.com/

E-mail... xtpete1@gmail.com

Old 05-31-2019, 01:31 AM   #7

So another hawk like bike

Old 05-31-2019, 01:57 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
So another hawk like bike
Lifan's dual sports have been around longer than the Hawk. This site was founded in 2006 or so by Frostbite who was a member of a Yahoo! group called Lifan GY-5 or similar name. He owned 2 of the Lifans, and thought that a forum would be a better place to discuss Chinese motorcycles. I had started a group called Jetmotogroup (after Jetmoto, a San Francisco brand that imported and rebranded Shineray bikes) and me and the other guy who started GY-5 were two of the first groups discussing them. Frostbite wondered out loud about starting this site, and the rest is history. Hensim started selling a bike around 2009 that was one of the first dual-sports from China called a '250' but was really a 223 or 229 or whatever it was, and was one of the first over 200cc Chinabike. That was the Hawk's predecessor. I believe Asiawing had a bike around the time of Chinariders' infancy that was older than the Hensim that sold a '250' dual-sport under the Odes name, but it seemed like a one or two-container bike as no more discussion about them came about. Then again, it seemed to be the same thing with the Hensim bikes a few years after. The Hawk is a very 'new' bike, even though its popularity make it seem like it was always around and was/is the standard that seemingly every manufacturer copied.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 05-31-2019, 04:20 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
those forks do look small...

They are small, i don't understand why they keep using those forks and swingarm. They have this chasis and swingarm at their disposal
Name:  motomel-xmm-250-2018-0km-en-todos-los-colores-motomel-cross-D_NQ_NP_897815-MLA25323770098_012017.jpg
Views: 1608
Size:  101.1 KB
It's just an Ok chasis and swingarm, in fact that bike is quite popular for MX begginers.

Old 05-31-2019, 05:43 AM   #10

Eventually somebody will get the combination of parts right. I think what a lot of us want is a cross between the two types of bikes sold on the market. If you took my Hawk, put a 6spd 250 in it, and then added the Fast Ace suspension with its 10 inches of travel front and rear, and other billet and alloy hardware from an XTR 250 LC, I think I wouldn't want for anything else. I wouldn't even care about EFI or water cooling (though both would be nice). If I could get THAT combination for less than or equal to $3000. I would be happy.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 05-31-2019, 09:04 AM   #11

Everyone buys their bits from the same markets in china and screw together as to what ever brings money - they don’t care about the bikes etc no one at the factories really is into bikes cause that’s a “poor farmer transport “
Wealthy just drive cars etc

They all have the better parts mixed into cheaper Henson hawk have Usd fork digital gauge and rear drum as in the parts bike I got via my wholesaler from them
They are all non mech designed largely but catalogue assembled to your “liking” and what brings the usd$ from outside and into the big boys pockets which then gets used against westerners.

If only you knew what you inadvertently supported with your nice usd$i

Old 05-31-2019, 11:28 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
I wss kind of hoping they would have used the liquid cooled 6spd motor from the KPR, but I am assuming they were aiming for a price point. The rear drum is mildly disappointing as is the square tube steel swing arm. If I had to chose between the new DLX Hawk and this though, I would take this just for the Lifan quality. Definitely makes a good alternative to the TT250 for roughly the same price.
I suppose they are just doing this to keep price point down but the drum brakes I do not get. Wouldn't a disk brake and caliper cost less?

Old 05-31-2019, 02:47 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
what brings the usd$ from outside and into the big boys pockets which then gets used against westerners.

If only you knew what you inadvertently supported with your nice usd$i
Sorry but that's an invalid point. The big boys will get the cash from the west, even if people don't buy motorcycle from them
You own a PC? Then you are supporting the CPC
You own a cellphone? You are supporting the CPC
You own a Japanese, European, 400cc and less motorcycle? Then you it's most likely you have some chinese made parts.

High rates suicides, questionable ethics, Human rights disputes. Everyone that can read knows about it. Also everyone that the Orient is not a big fan of the way the west lives.

But not buying a chinese motorcycle, is not going to change a thing. The big companies like Apple are the one that can change things, but you think apple stop making Iphones in china??? That would be a disaster for them, so they are going to stick with the
"PROUDLY DESIGNED BY AMERICANS MINDS IN CALIFORNIA!!! made in china "

The west needs china, in the same way china needs the west.

Old 05-31-2019, 09:52 PM   #14

I don't know guys....I just like the bikes and love riding 2 wheels. The rest of the political bs is, for me, just noise that the wind in my face washes away.

I also believe as Dan does... Someone is going to put the complete package together at some point and then - wow look out ! Lifan, Zong, Bashan ect...don't care who I will continue to enjoy watching the evolution of the 250 revolution in our bike world.

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 07-02-2019, 02:08 PM   #15

Well Culcune the X-Pect is officially out for sale. So what color are you ordering. lol http://shopapmc.com/New-American-Lif...ded_p_116.html
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel