Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-24-2024, 10:39 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdano711 View Post
How many miles since you did the stage 3? Can you hit 70 mph with ease, now? Also, very interested in that "custom-made cable controlled choke". How you do that?
I am editing this, because I just looked on AliExpress, and they sell all the items that you should need to convert to a cable type" choke ". Just search cable choke.
I recently did a warming up of my motor, about 700 miles ago, and I was hoping to get a steel gasket with the 70mm kit( 250cc), but it came with one similar to the stock one. I still didn't use the rubber O Ring, because with the larger bore, the ORing was over lapping the steel ring part of the gasket. My motor has a completely different attitude now, and will hit top speed faster, and seems" happier " to run at higher rpm, more importantly to me, it holds the RPMs better at higher RPM, like on long hills. The kit I used evidently is supposed to raise compression a little, possibly because the piston has way smaller valve reliefs on it, but I know the all steel gasket would give me more, but I likely won't change to it unless this one gives me trouble. I really don't know how much power, not having the thinner gasket is costing me, but I had enough after doing the motor that it allowed me to go with higher gearing, and still have more road power than I had before. My Hawk now has the same amount of range that I utilize with my KPX. I have never had my Hawk on the interstate, but have had my KPX on the interstate once and for just a short stretch between the Fairplain/ Ripley exit, and the Ripley exit, which is all 70mph, but is hilly, and neither the KPX, or me cared for it one little bit. I noticed that a lot of the cheap carbs on AliExpress with the enrichment valve style of " choke" come with your choice of cable, or pull knob configuration, and many of these carbs are just about like the Nibbi. I figure that if it was worth the price of a cheap carb to you, then you could likely just pull your enrichment/ choke off your Nibbi, and switch it.

Last edited by Bill Hilly; 03-24-2024 at 11:32 AM.