Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Other Brands
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-16-2022, 06:09 PM   #1

Suzuki B105P 120cc Bearcat

May as well start a thread. I didn't list a year in the title because, well.....I'm really not sure.
The seller said it's a 1968 but I think he may have been guessing. There is no paperwork and I haven't found a thing on the frame stating year. Just frame and engine serial numbers. I have yet to find a serial number translator for it.

On to the bike. The good news:
I pulled the spark plug and sprayed a bunch of PB Blaster down the hole. Broke it loose 10 minutes later! Rotated the heck out of it and ran it through the gears. Shifts good, no weird noises. Froze motor, unfrozen. Major victory.

Apart it came. Very happy to see there's no real rust anywhere. Just the usual places like where stuff is mounted by nut and bolt. Not one broke or frozen bolt that wouldn't come out. That said, there was one buggered up Allen head in a side case bolt. At this age, I find only one to be more than acceptable. I remember what my case bolts looked like when I was a kid.

The bad news: Surprisingly, not much! I was really expecting running across some serious problems, or stuff others have done to the poor thing in the past, but other than a dried up, brittle wiring harness, and one buggered up case bolt,.....oh.....and about a quarter cup rain water in the tranny, that's about it.

Of course, crank seals, the harness, cables, tires, tubes, etc will all be replaced, and some are already on order. I can't decide if I'm going to repaint everything yet. I'll find out after a good pressure washing. There's no big scars or hunks of paint missing anywhere. We'll see. In my mind, original is always best unless it's really bad.

The spokes are old and have some rust. I may just try some 0000 steel wool and see how they turn out. Anyone have any good ideas on this, besides replacement, please chime in. The rims and chrome front fender will clean up perfectly. Very happy about that. The rear shocks have some rust as well. Not sure what I'm going to do about those.

The flat bottom headlight is vintage, for sure....and kinda cool really. The speedo is in great shape and man, someone put over 12k on this little thing! The rear brakes look replaced, the fronts need replacing, but the best part is there was no scum or pond scum inside either wheel.

All in all, I'm VERY happy with how the day in the shop went with the new little toy. It looks as though it was very well-kept, until it went into mothballs. No shade tree wrench work found anywhere.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1201.jpg (60.3 KB, 133 views)
File Type: jpg headlight.jpg (59.4 KB, 123 views)
File Type: jpg spokes.jpg (41.4 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg speedo.jpg (38.4 KB, 113 views)
File Type: jpg rear spokes.jpg (64.2 KB, 124 views)

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350