Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2023, 08:00 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz View Post
I think there are better places to buy from,good luck.

What happened to you with PSM that makes you say this? I bought two motorcycles from them and had surprising support with mnor and significant issues. Even after nearly two years, PSM is responsive to my requests. Not warranty since it's past that, just help with parts.

Old 11-12-2023, 12:13 PM   #17

]You could also order directly from XPRO.

https://xprousa.com/

Old 11-14-2023, 04:39 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40thman View Post
]You could also order directly from XPRO.

https://xprousa.com/
From what I've seen it appears that xprousa.com and powersportsmax.com (as well as the ones available on Amazon) are all the same company... or at least that's what is claimed here:
https://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?p=379570

Old 11-14-2023, 11:08 PM   #19

They could be the same, not sure, I see that the Amazon sale has the option of an extended two year warranty, wonder if that would be a good add on? Power sports is in so cal, xpro doesn’t state where they are but that they are on central time zone. I am going to order mine from Amazon in the next few months, due to their extended warranty option, the customer service of Amazon and the good reviews from this site. Will pay a little more but feel like a little piece of mine is worth the small price increase.

Old 12-19-2023, 02:59 PM   #20

I've been meaning to post a follow-up but it's been a slow process assembling the bikes I've had limited time to dedicate to the process so far. Bikes are about 95% finished and basically all that remains is to add the plastic body moldings and change the oil. Batteries are installed and I have been able to test all lights and blinker successfully. (Depending on how they run, I do plan to adjust the valves and upgrade the carbs soon)

I did order from powersportsmax.com mid November and received delivery within about a week or so. Boxes for both bikes arrived in really good conditions but they shipped together on the same pallet and the pallet was smashed pretty much to pieces on the back side but still holding together, I figure this is due to the pallet jacks the shipping company used.

My only real complaint is that I was charged for two separate $300 shipping fees and they were sent as one package, so I don't feel I really should have been charged the full shipping amount for both bikes, but that's really a separate issue.

Since everything arrived intact I have not yet had a need to reach back out to PSM with any issues, so I can't speak to how responsive they would be to a problem. During the sales process they did reply to my questions pretty quickly though.

Here's a couple pictures before assembly.. One is of the crate coming off the box and you can tell it's in good shape. The others pictures are with the box removed but still inside the metal crate it was shipped in.

The last photo is of my daughter and I with a mostly assembled bike. Sorry about the pictures quality and it being so dark, the only time I've had to work on them has been late evening.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20231116_121915.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	1.56 MB
ID:	30551   Click image for larger version

Name:	20231116_180835.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	914.3 KB
ID:	30552   Click image for larger version

Name:	20231116_180753.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	30553   Click image for larger version

Name:	20231119_194928.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	30554  

Last edited by rithac; 12-19-2023 at 05:38 PM. Reason: incorrect shipping charge. I have updated it from $400 to the correct $300 amount.

Old 12-19-2023, 07:16 PM   #21

I've noticed "truck" shippers are a lot more interested in weight over what kind of package. Two bikes weigh the same for that purpose either way. I don't really see how they made that much more of a profit off you by using one instead of two pallets. Pallets aren't the major expense of shipping.

Old 12-19-2023, 07:30 PM   #22

Combined freight should have been taking into account, I'd take up to the manager. They were delivered at the same time on the same truck...

Did you inquire about combined shipping prior to purchase?

Well the smiles at the end of the day will probably make up for it....

Old 12-20-2023, 06:37 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLsior View Post
Combined freight should have been taking into account, I'd take up to the manager. They were delivered at the same time on the same truck...

Did you inquire about combined shipping prior to purchase?

Well the smiles at the end of the day will probably make up for it....
I did, but the only response was that it was $300 per bike so I finally just ordered. At the end of the day, I got them both in great condition, so I'm not gonna get too worked up about that now.

Old 12-20-2023, 09:13 PM   #24

If you don't want those smoothbore carbs, pull one off and put it in a flat rate box to me before you put gas in it. I can pm you the address and payment.

Old 12-26-2023, 09:36 AM   #25

looks great. we're waiting for the first ride report!

Bikes I've owned: Suzuki GS450T, Yamaha XS500, Honda V45 Sabre, Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic (2), Suzuki VX800, Kawasaki Ninja 650, Triumph TT600, Honda Superhawk, Kawasaki Concours 1000 (3, including a sidecar rig), Buell XB9R, Kawasaki Nomad 1500, Concours 14, Honda Goldwing (2), Housen Hawk, Suzuki Intruder 1400, Kawasaki KLR650, Victory V92TC.

Old 01-03-2024, 02:47 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
If you don't want those smoothbore carbs, pull one off and put it in a flat rate box to me before you put gas in it. I can pm you the address and payment.
The plan is to see how they do as is, and then if needed upgrade to the Nibbi. If they run as is, I won't be in any hurry to upgrade. Even if they are underpowered starting off, they will be fine for learning. I was mostly thinking of changing them out if they ran rough, so I'd have the ability to adjust the settings.

Old 01-03-2024, 02:49 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
Dave, It shouldn't be long now, my son and I got his assembly finished up last night. So now I just have to adjust the chain, and change the oil. I also haven't adjusted the valves yet, but thinking of waiting to see how they run. I'll be sure and post an update as soon as I have it.

Old 01-06-2024, 03:23 PM   #28

Powersportsmax is a moot point to me. I was just told by them that they do not ship to Hawaii. So be it.

Old 03-12-2024, 10:09 PM   #29

Just ordered The X5 dirt bike about 2 days ago directly from the XproUsa website to avoid the shipping costs. So far they sent me multiple emails (assembly video, Freight Company and tracking code) and have been very helpful with answering my questions. If anyone know the average shipping time let me know.

Old 03-13-2024, 10:00 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
It's been a slow process getting these assembled. Primarily due to other demands on my time resulting in limited time to spend on assembly. I'm glad to say that they both cranked right up and ran. I've got to do some troubleshooting on my sons bike as the choke doesn't seem to really do much, but once it's warmed up it does pretty good. My daughters bike ran as well, but I haven't allowed her to ride it yet as there is something going on with her throttle where it will randomly rev and hold a high throttle. It looks like it has something to do with the cable, I can grab and shake it causing the idle to ramp up and down.
Both my kids have ridden my sons bike. There is a learning curve and they are adjusting to with needing to work a clutch and throttle simultaneously, the little pit bikes they had previously had an automatic clutch.

My sons bike

https://photos.app.goo.gl/fX8zyqideJX9i8WR7My daughters bike

https://photos.app.goo.gl/wtp1kuGQ4Mwjpoa78
(and no, she did NOT ride without a helmet)

If you want a chuckle watch this video of my sons first time out on his bike.. Now I need to replace the taillight lens that he broke! Thankfully he was fine, just a bruised ego.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/ap3x8onAUiuG8MzZ9
I exported one of the frames of the wheelie and it makes a pretty cool picture if you don't know what really happened. After this initial ride I've had them take off in second gear as they get used to everything so there is less chance of popping a wheelie (see video linked below).

They are having a blast!

Tags
dealer recommendation, powersportsmax, templar