Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2022, 06:14 PM   #16

Happy days. My bike was found and delivered today. The crate was absolutely thrashed and the bike had some damage but not too bad. The worst of it was the shock lineage was bent to hell and stuffed inside the swingarm pocket. Took me a bit to figure how to get it out but I got it. Luckily I had another one off some random bike that fit exactly.
I will do a full review soon enough but in a nutshell expect to do a fair amount of assembly your self. It took me about 3 hours to get it together. I saw no signs of grease anywhere so I pulled the front end and the rear parts off to give them a good greasing. The steering head bearings were filled with slag and metal particles so those got a deep cleaning before going back together.
I was missing loads of bolts too. Again my hoarding paid off and I enough lying around to get it together. X-pro was pretty good about putting bolts where they belong, they just didn't tighten many. You really need to check every single bolt and use locktite where possible. I've never seen so many zip ties on a machine before. Double check the wiring while going 9ver the bolts. I found a lot of trouble areas.
When I fueled it up the carb was leaking like crazy. I tightened the drain screw and that helped but the overflow was still streaming away. A couple hits with a hammer freed up the floats and put an end to the leaks.
To my surprise the battery was very nearly fully charged. The bike started almost immediately. I did one quick ride just to get a feel for what needs adjusting. The answer is everything.

Old 04-06-2022, 04:15 PM   #17

I finally got a tracking number and it says it will be here Friday so fingers crossed. But that is the only contact I have had from anyone on either side. Have you tried reaching out to them on the amazon page I had a buddy do that and they got back to him. I have not tried myself.

Old 04-06-2022, 09:19 PM   #18

I bought it direct from the xprousa site. Turns out it's actually powersportsmax. I got my MCO and an actual receipt in the mail today and they were both stamped Powersportsmax. I would guess you could just call them directly.
My app still says nothing about delivery even though I have it.

By the way MCO is labeled as dirt bike. Gonna be tough to make it street legal here.

Old 04-23-2022, 09:14 PM   #19

Hey I was gonna keep you more up to date but my bike finally came so I have been super excited and spending my time putting that together. I was never able to get ahold of anyone from xprousa either and the shipping company gave it to another company without my address or phone number but I was able to track it down with some help from a friend. The metal frame was in rough shape but only had two things broken on the bike. The rear brake light had a hole in it which is no big deal but the rear suspension piece on the bottom that’s shaped like a u had one of the sides broke I still ride it for the break in but before I get off road with it I’ll have to replace it. I have seen them for 8 bucks off Amazon. Other than that the bike has been a blast. Montana is pretty easy for licensing. The title said dirt bike but I told the lady at the dmv that it was street legal and she said ok and I got plates lol.

Old 04-24-2022, 08:05 AM   #20

What shipping company delivered your bike?

I'm dealing with TFF that used to be UPS Freight and they're completely incompetent. Over the last 2 weeks they have missed multiple delivery appointments, no show, no call.

Old 04-24-2022, 05:05 PM   #21

Mine swapped hands several times according to the paperwork. It was DHL, then UPS then R&L. God knows what was in between those ones. I had zero idea where it was or who had it at anytime. I only got a heads up when the final carrier called and said it was several hundred miles away and i could come pick it up. XproUSA was useless. Even the stupid app they make you download to steal your data doesnt have the proper shipping or contact info. Its like a massive scam.
I've reached out to Xpro for replacement parts to which they did shockingly reply too but then all communication stopped and no parts are expected. Even with photos and videos taken at their request they still would not ship me replacement parts.

One thing i have noticed is that the only time XproUSA has ever responded is when i threaten to do a chargeback to which they simply threaten me with double shipping charges and no help resolving any issues.

Old 06-26-2022, 11:00 AM   #22

I wanted to share my experience with this, since this thread is one of the top search results on Google. I was super sketched out at first but my order arrived two days ago and overall the process, for me, was pretty great.

TLDR: I ordered 3 Lifan 200s at 3pm, had them 11 days later by 11am. I had tracking info the entire time, only needed a phone call to finish the order, and all emails were answered within 24 hours.

I figured out that xprousa.com and powersportsmax.com are the same place, and also the same ones selling the lifan xpect on Amazon. No idea why they have the separate sites. If you live closer to CA you can get stuff cheaper from the main site because they charge actual shipping and have bulk discounts, but since I'm about as far away as possible the included shipping from xprousa.com was a better price overall. Both are cheaper than Amazon by a few hundred bucks, and I figured I'm putting in on a credit card anyway.

I bought 3 Lifan Xpect 200s on a credit card, shipped to the address matching the card. Since the order was "so large" they wanted a face-time call before they would process it even though addresses matched. Their phone system is super janky, makes skype sound effects and is full on disconnected after hours. But when I finally did get the video call working the people I talked to were all very much american and spoke perfect english.

The bikes were shipped the next day by R&L shipping. XPRO sent me a tracking number, which worked on the R&L website but R&L never sent me any emails. On the day of delivery I got a text from R&L (didn't even know they had my info), that the bikes would be delivered that day and a signature was NOT required. A tractor trailer showed up that day, driver dropped the bikes off with a pallet jack and I never talked to him other than to wave bye.

My only complain so far is that you have to go to their website after the bikes arrive and enter VIN numbers to order the paperwork to get a title. They never told me that, so I had to wait the day it took them to respond to my email before I could do that.

Regarding the app they tell you to use to track the order, it looked suspicious, so I downloaded it on an old Android phone. Not sure why they don't just use the Play store link and tell you what it is, but it's just the Shopify app. It's a totally legit app by a legit company. Shopify basically handles online purchasing for most small business running stuff online. It's probably built right into Shopify's billing system and is only updated when the seller actually updates the info, which they did eventually but it was days behind.

Old 06-26-2022, 02:37 PM   #23

That’s good to hear. My experience with them was no less than perfect. It was through Amazon, but even when I put my throttle on wrong, (I wound it the wrong way).. They were going to give me a discount because of that. It wasn’t even their fault. I told them to just give better instructions on that part of the assembly and don’t worry about a discount

My bike came in great shape. It was fully assembled other than handlebars. And every nut and bolt was on properly. They didn’t strip anything. They didn’t do anything wrong with the assembly and adjustment of the bike. I just rode it 5000 miles without tightening anything. Nothing fell off. Nothing broke. It was all correct when I got it.

So based on all the other stories I’ve heard about people’s experience receiving bikes, I think this place is pretty good.

Old 06-28-2022, 12:26 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ornatov View Post
My only complain so far is that you have to go to their website after the bikes arrive and enter VIN numbers to order the paperwork to get a title. They never told me that, so I had to wait the day it took them to respond to my email before I could do that.
I just received my order from powersportsmax.com/maxpro last Thursday. They automatically sent the paperwork last Saturday and I received that yesterday. I knew it was sent because I have the 'USPS Informed Delivery' setup and it sends you an email where there is a new active tracking number sent to your address. You shouldn't of have to contact them about it. That's why they don't tell you to. My experience was great as well!

As far as tracking, I just used the RL Carriers website. https://www.rlcarriers.com/

Old 06-29-2022, 09:49 PM   #25

I bought my Templar X 250 from powersportsmax and it all went smoothly. It is currently $50 more than I paid... still available at XPro (bottom line price, delivered). At the time powersportsmax had the best price for the X. It disappeared, for a while, but now XPro has it again! I missed the Mother's day sale from Powersports max ($50 off). They have the Templar 250 now. It was $1499 a couple of weeks ago! I guess prices are just going up!

They charge $300 shipping, liftgate service.

I prefer to do the final assembly myself. Saves s few hundred but also allows me to disassemble, inspect, install with loctite and feel the torque spec and tension on every connection. Did this on three bikes so far and learned a heck of a lot while doing it. I am also on a strict budget! So it is not exactly 100% by choice

Old 06-29-2022, 09:59 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit352 View Post
Happy days. My bike was found and delivered today. The crate was absolutely thrashed and the bike had some damage but not too bad. The worst of it was the shock lineage was bent to hell and stuffed inside the swingarm pocket. Took me a bit to figure how to get it out but I got it. Luckily I had another one off some random bike that fit exactly.
I will do a full review soon enough but in a nutshell expect to do a fair amount of assembly your self. It took me about 3 hours to get it together. I saw no signs of grease anywhere so I pulled the front end and the rear parts off to give them a good greasing. The steering head bearings were filled with slag and metal particles so those got a deep cleaning before going back together.
I was missing loads of bolts too. Again my hoarding paid off and I enough lying around to get it together. X-pro was pretty good about putting bolts where they belong, they just didn't tighten many. You really need to check every single bolt and use locktite where possible. I've never seen so many zip ties on a machine before. Double check the wiring while going 9ver the bolts. I found a lot of trouble areas.
When I fueled it up the carb was leaking like crazy. I tightened the drain screw and that helped but the overflow was still streaming away. A couple hits with a hammer freed up the floats and put an end to the leaks.
To my surprise the battery was very nearly fully charged. The bike started almost immediately. I did one quick ride just to get a feel for what needs adjusting. The answer is everything.
Cripes, I would have refused delivery. WAY too much damage and work to fix it. The shipper (shippers?) should have eaten that one! Let the lawyers figure it out!!

We can't expect the shippers to get better if we pay for the damages!!!

Last edited by Thumper; 06-30-2022 at 05:37 PM.

Old 07-26-2022, 07:09 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Cripes, I would have refused delivery. WAY too much damage and work to fix it. The shipper (shippers?) should have eaten that one! Let the lawyers figure it out!!

We can't expect the shippers to get better if we pay for the damages!!!
I would have but prior reviews said xpro was really good about replacing damaged parts and i believed them. Turns out they are terrible at replacing parts and my bike is slowly dying due to an inability to get replacement parts, under warranty or otherwise. So far my front brakes, rear shock linkage, throttle controls and as of last night my electric start are all in need of replacement with only 30 miles on the bike. Absolutely zero response from xpro or powersportsmax, even to buy the parts i need which should be covered under warranty to begin with.
Xpro was also very clear that if i refused shipment for any reason they would charge me double shipping costs. Even for the few weeks my bike was missing and no one knew where it was they wouldnt allow me to cancel it.

Old 07-26-2022, 08:06 AM   #28

Quote:
I would have but prior reviews said xpro was really good about replacing damaged parts and i believed them. Turns out they are terrible at replacing parts and my bike is slowly dying due to an inability to get replacement parts, under warranty or otherwise. So far my front brakes, rear shock linkage, throttle controls and as of last night my electric start are all in need of replacement with only 30 miles on the bike. Absolutely zero response from xpro or powersportsmax, even to buy the parts i need which should be covered under warranty to begin with.
Xpro was also very clear that if i refused shipment for any reason they would charge me double shipping costs. Even for the few weeks my bike was missing and no one knew where it was they wouldnt allow me to cancel it.

Right, but this bad experience has to do with the shipper not the seller. Somehow, either you or they have to go after the shipper for the damages.

Old 07-26-2022, 09:25 AM   #29

Unfortunately, you accepted the shipment. This is a signal to the seller that you were satisfied, but more importantly, you took possession and financial responsibility. But I can't believe that you would be charged for shipping if you refuse damaged freight. A few pictures should be all you needed. As I said, R&L was ready to take it back when we found the damage on my crate. That is the shippers responsibility, not yours. They accept freight from the vendor, and they are on the hook to deliver undamaged. Period.

I had a bit of crate damage on my Templar X shipment from Powersportsmax (XPro). I took a close look and didn't see any significant damage on the bike. Just a little plastic scratch on front fender in a hidden area. It was a risk accepting it, but I could see most of the bike using a flashlight. The shipper was ready to take it back, and it would have been 100% refund situation and shipper would make an insurance claim to cover their mishandling the freight.

We should warn people that once they sign and accept delivery, vendor and shipper are 100% off the hook.

This experience is the only posts from you kit. I am really sorry about your situation. Stupid shippers.

Quote:

Last edited by Thumper; 07-27-2022 at 07:42 AM.

Old 09-26-2022, 04:45 PM   #30

I went with powersport because it seemed easier...and it was easy.
I had no problem getting the bike in good condition, and i am sure PSM had no problem
taking my money.

All done on computer. A money order option was available for regular mail, I guess.
I could have saved money doing that, but did not.
A phone was required by the shipping company. Otherwise, no communication other than emails to PSM.

Worked perfectly!